HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price does everything but score (2-0 NAS)

Old
11-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
I doubt we will need to tank to get a top 5 pick next summer.
So if management actually expected to compete yet they still suck ..shouldn't that cause alarms to go off in your head ...

What terrible drafting, pro-scouting and management of players ..just terrible

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Lats had a decent 3rd period at least when used with A. Kost. Maybe that's a solution, put the 2 struggling players together on the same line.
The second line needs to be AKost-Pleks-Lats on the long term, since they're wingers #3 and #4 and Pleks is the #2 center. To my knowledge, this has never been tried.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Price should have stopped those 2 goals, Halak could have been better.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

Don't worry guys, at least we will get a top 10 pick... and Timmins will draft a USHL kid with limited skills but a good head on his shoulders.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Barry Trotz was asked postgame for his thoughts on his teams play. Despite the win, he wasn't happy as this picture shows, he felt that his team should have finished their chances better.
I'm a little late but XD, thank you for finding humour for us. That made me laugh out loud after that despicable effort.

TroyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:01 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Don't worry guys, at least we will get a top 10 pick... and Timmins will draft a USHL kid with limited skills but a good head on his shoulders.
Timmins has made exactly one top-5 pick for the Montreal Canadiens. He didn't too badly for himself tonight.

Old
11-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Phozzwald

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Pretty much everyone played more or less bad, but Latendresse, Lapierre, White and Bergeron were DISGUSTING.

I'm sorry but Latendresse ****ing sucks.

And can someone tell me what's Bergeron doing in the NHL?
What was wrong with Lappy? seems everything tender does bad he gets blamed for it too.. makes no sence

Phozzwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Phozzwald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
this a joke?

Phozzwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
and our great player development system and strategies will turn him into a great 3rd liner who is respomsible in his zone and can pot 10-15 goals a year ..

Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
so...when price plays well in mtl, we don't support him? I've never seen Price is wrong signs.

When Price plays well, we elevate him to demi-god status, i dunno what this bs about mtl fans not appreciating him is. gross generalization. I'm sick of the whole mtl fans are this and that and don't support their team, etc. very unfair analysis. When the team is on, I defy any other fanbase to be more rabidly supportive. Also, I've backed Price up all season. Halak too. It's really just like 10% of people who are reacting emotionally to losing.
They show them all the time on tv, btw. Just sayin'...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Timmins has made exactly one top-5 pick for the Montreal Canadiens. He didn't too badly for himself tonight.
Yes let's overlook the 10th pick overall and all other first and second round picks that have been drafted since 2003 .....

Old
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
You cant blame this one on injuries, the team was just bad. This might be the easiest game barry trotz has ever won.

In a game where you can call out many players, I'd like to pick one just one because this guy has been bothering me for a while. I've noticed that scott gomez is distancing himself further and further from the net as his production decreases. He needs to get in the dirty areas more, and become a larger factor in the game.

As far as I'm concerned, plekanec has been a much better centre for this team and as happy as I am that plekanec is doing well, the team still requires gomez to be better than him.

The only thing that had me watching the entire game was carey price's performance. That's 3 stellar road outings in a row for him.
Thats exactly what I've been saying. Everyone is quick to defend Gomez but he has been very underwhelming. The guy is making 7.5M and has done **** all. He is a number one center who has to be a game breaker which he is not doing. I would take Pleks over him right now as the number one center.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JackZap

4 yr contract for Martin

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:05 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
AK and GL are both legit top six players, or would be if JM could get them going, and neither of them are small.
Latendresse is not a legit top 6 player. He's never played like that. He has potential to be.

AK is a mystery. But yeah in an ideal world he should be playing like a top 6 guy.

Quote:
Besides, size is not the issue here. That's a bad cliche being trotted out because finding a real explanation is too hard.
Oh it's definately not the only problem. But if you have a whole bunch of small players up front, they'll tire out as the year continues. Someone has to go in the corners and take hits to get the puck out. Bigger guys tend to take those hits a bit better and wear down less easily. I'd not be surprised to see Cammalleri/Gomez miss a lot of games down the road.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phozzwald View Post
this a joke?
I think the double sarcasm smiley should be your first hint...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:06 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Hmm, ever see a bunch of passionate, love-to-hate-the-team, think-they-are-knowledgeable-but-aren't, wholeheartedly-agree-to-braindead-media, boo-their-own-players, care-about-player-hometown-more-than-play bunch of sorry excuses for fans? I'm generalizing, they're not all that bad, but enough of them are to make the Habs hands down the worst fanbase in the league.

At least they keep the league afloat, so I guess they're not all bad.
so you're suggesting that right now, people aren't appreciating Price and that the rest of the team doesn't deserve a ***** slap?

This season, at home, the only time the crowd has gotten on the team (and it has not been that much) is when we have been absolutely atrocious and also when our PP acts like a PK. Also, at this point, don't you think they do deserve some criticism? Injuries or not, they are playing like garbage when these reactions occur.

HF boards is a whole other story. If Man U or the Yankees or any of the teams who's fans are bred to think that they should win played badly, expect a lot of unhappy people.

Price was amazing tonight. show me one fan who disagrees.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:07 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
euh yes.

Gomez is better than Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev. Gionta is better than Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev. Cammalleri is better than Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev. Plekanec is better than last year. Metropolit produces about as much points as Lang.

But nice argument, you almost convinced me.
You think you bring arguments ? You are basically saying that the acquisitions are better than the players they replaced. I just say the opposite.

Also if you are going to consider Pleks and Metro improvements you also should consider the offensive fiasco of A. Kost , Lats and MaxPac.

All in all we are way worse than last year offensively. Hopefully this will change but I don't see any hint of that possibility.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:07 PM
JrHockeyFan

I find it remarkable that anyone would expect the younger guys to have any major impact in the midst of what is going on. They look bad because there is nobody looking really good very often. It's along the lines of "how do you soar with the eagles when you are flying with turkeys"

The failure to generate any high level of offense is just sucking the life out of this club.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:08 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
well if we dont get taylor hall in the offseason at least gainey and hopefully gauthier wont be making any executive decisions come 2011.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phozzwald View Post
this a joke?
come on, there are two sarcastic smileys right after, you don't even need to think about whether or not it is sarcasm.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
suprez

No leader in this team

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
They show them all the time on tv, btw. Just sayin'...
I watch every game and I guess I've missed them. Perhaps you're talking about last year when he really had a horrible season (2nd half).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JackZap

Quote:
so you're suggesting that right now, people aren't appreciating Price and that the rest of the team doesn't deserve a ***** slap?

This season, at home, the only time the crowd has gotten on the team (and it has not been that much) is when we have been absolutely atrocious and also when our PP acts like a PK. Also, at this point, don't you think they do deserve some criticism? Injuries or not, they are playing like garbage when these reactions occur.

HF boards is a whole other story. If Man U or the Yankees or any of the teams who's fans are bred to think that they should win played badly, expect a lot of unhappy people.

Price was amazing tonight. show me one fan who disagrees.
well one guy thought his rebound control could have been better

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:09 PM
SuperUnknown

JM looked really pissed off in the post game interviews. He usually doesn't trash his teams like that. I think they'll get a tough skating practice tomorrow.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:09 PM
MathMan

Quote:
I would hope they would at least be able to admit the obvious, although that seems to be a challenge for a lot of them.

I'm not talking about tonight though. This is not a new thing, it's been going on forever.