HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

11/15/09 Should the NHl consider moving to international sized ice?

View Poll Results: should the NHL consider moving to international sized ice?
Yes 23 34.85%
Nope 34 51.52%
Maybe 5 7.58%
I've never considered that, I need to give it more thought 2 3.03%
other, please explain 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
You think a bigger rink would make this more a joke league?

What about when Boston had the tiny rink? I still think that a larger playing surface would force better skill development, and it would force players to play their positions. I also think it would cut down on injuries and thus make a more enjoyable experience for Oilers fans.
I think the constant changing of rules and adding stuff and taking stuff out of the game that was present in the 80's is what makes the game a joke. I suppose some of it is necessary as most palyers today are bigger stronger and faster than the players in the earlier years. But I just can't stand hearing about all these proposed rule changes. I cringe msot when I hear Bettman talk about making the nets into ****ing pentagons. The day that happens will be the day I don't give a **** about the NHL. Like I said the shootout is already the biggest joke in the game today, they should have left it alone and kept if for the all-star game.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote