HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Komisarek Beauchemin tradable assets

Old
11-15-2009, 01:44 PM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

vCash: 50
Komisarek Beauchemin tradable assets

JUST WOUNDERING if these guys are tradible assets given if gunnerson can keep up his play.i cant see him keeping up this play but we have a log jam at d and these 2 guys r premere d men.do they have no nmc..would 1 of them fetch a top 6 player????

IBLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 01:47 PM
EazyB97

vCash: 500
Doubtful we'd look to trade either. Gunnarson is playing on adrenaline, like most call-ups. We'll see how good he really is after he's played his first few games and his energy levels come down.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

OMG. you are kidding, right?

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Jerkini

To be honest, I wouldn't be disappointed to see Beauchemin traded but I doubt Burke does that after just handing him a contract. You can't alienate your potential free agent market when most likely it's going to be the only way for this team to improve.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 01:55 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Not happening.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Komisarek, while getting hate, has been good this year. He's a good player and he makes Kaberle a better player. I'd be upset to see him leave.

Beauchemin, eh, doesn't bother me either way.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:25 PM
stoney

Kessel and Kadri are tradeable assets as well.

None of them are going anywhere.

stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:31 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

It's not gonna happen. It doesn't need to happen.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:36 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I've been saying for a couple weeks that my belief is one of the two will be moved in the off season. What the return would be I couln't say but that's my assumption. We have too much salary tied up in the back end and we need to move some of that salary to the forward positions. Just my 2 cents

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEAF View Post
JUST WOUNDERING if these guys are tradible assets given if gunnerson can keep up his play.i cant see him keeping up this play but we have a log jam at d and these 2 guys r premere d men.do they have no nmc..would 1 of them fetch a top 6 player????
These are Burke's hand picked guys and he signed them as UFA players and he plans to build around them not trade them..

It was interesting to hear Burke yesterday on AM640 radio interview, when he complemented Ian White saying he has likely been Leafs best Dman, and then praised Kaberle for his production and contribution.. Not a word about his boys Komisarek, Beauchemin or Exelby the players he brought in .. All 3 have under performed expectations for the most part this year.

Komi has a limited NTC in that every summer he has to give Burke a list of 10 teams he would accept a trade to.. Beauchemin does not have a NTC of any type.. Both players are overpaid, which is often the case of UFA process being inflationary to begin with.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:56 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
These are Burke's hand picked guys and he signed them as UFA players and he plans to build around them not trade them..

It was interesting to hear Burke yesterday on AM640 radio interview, when he complemented Ian White saying he has likely been Leafs best Dman, and then praised Kaberle for his production and contribution.. Not a word about his boys Komisarek, Beauchemin or Exelby the players he brought in .. All 3 have under performed expectations for the most part this year.

Komi has a limited NTC in that every summer he has to give Burke a list of 10 teams he would accept a trade to.. Beauchemin does not have a NTC of any type.. Both players are overpaid, which is often the case of UFA process being inflationary to begin with.
This is exactly why I believe one of the two will be moved. I'd sooner keep White then either one of these two. I'd also re sign Exelby as our 6th dman. Discounting White's raise that is surely coming I'd rather have the extra couple of million to spend on a new forward either through the trade or from free agency

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Sad Panda

Beauchemin's trade value is very low at this point. He's been terrible all year.

I don't see us trading Komisarek. So, yeah. I don't see them as tradable assets.

Sad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Kamina
Amok

Not trolling: Both of them have really low trade value right now. They're worth more to the Leafs on the team than as an asset.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 05:11 PM
robr00

If the price is right then I'd trade either of them. Not going to happen tho. At least, not at this time.

robr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 05:13 PM
johnny_rudeboy

I dont like the idea of trading away newly signed players with multi year contracts who have the right age having these kind of deals.
But if a top six centre could be had for Beauchemin then I think Burke would do the trade. Did he not say him self that he created a log jam on D to be able to trade one or two away for the right return since he thought there would be a demand for good defenders later on?

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 05:16 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

imo this is a ridiculous thread. Burke isn't about to go and sign these players and then trade them away. he's too proud for that, and that would also send the wrong message to UFA's.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 05:24 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
imo this is a ridiculous thread. Burke isn't about to go and sign these players and then trade them away. he's too proud for that, and that would also send the wrong message to UFA's.
Agree some what about it can send out the wrong message to other UFA´s. But then again, Toronto handed them a multi million dollar contract and they will get paid that amount no matter what team they are on. But to sign guys around 30 who probably looking for some stability then it sends out the wrong message.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Cheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
OMG. you are kidding, right?

I just died at this reply, perfect response IMO. Unfortunately, since it is HFB and all, I have a feeling he wasn't kidding.

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Snipeshow

Sign high priced UFA's and trade them less than a season into their contracts while both are wearing A's.

We might as well throw in the towel to ever signing a Free Agent that has any use to a team.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Tak7

Komisarek and Beauchemin are, in my opinion, the type of guys that you need to keep around on this team. They have experience and seem to be very good in the room - listen to Komisarek speak is very englightening.

The indications are, once the contracts expire on some veterans (and others are moved), that this is a team that is going to get younger . Therefore I think we need these types of guys to help keep them gruonded.

They have both played fairly decently, and I don't think that Burke is SO desperate to dump them away for picks

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Man Bear Pig

Signing players and then trading them right away takes so much respect away from your organization. Can't do it if you ever want to see anybody sign here.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 07:33 PM
UFancyHuh

they're not going anywhere

UFancyHuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 07:47 PM
MajorityRules
ExcellencewithVigour

vCash: 620
See posts like this every year. Silly idea and I haven't seen it happen yet.

MajorityRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 08:01 PM
gabeliscious

komi and bauch are both tradeable assets. neither will be traded. both were selected by burke to be part of his team. i cant see him bailing on them now. burke is a players gm. he wont sell out one of his boys.

despite how you feel about them, kabs is playing his best hockey in years. coincidence that it just started once komi arrived? since komi has been sidelined whats kabs production been?

say what you want about beauch he is sill better the anything else we could possibly put in his spot

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote