HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Down and Out and Peverley Kills.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2009, 04:01 PM
  #101
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater
 
KarmaPolice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In Limbo
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,447
vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Some changes are in order.....

Penner-Brule-Hemsky
O'Sullivan-Horcoff-Reddox
Potulny-Gagner-Cogliano
Moreau-Comrie-Stortini
Still looks pretty bad. A trade needs to be made to acquire another top 6 with size. You know, something they had months to accomplish in the off-season, and that was even very apparent all last season...and the season before that...

Just Penner alone isn't enough. He's playing very well, but he can't do it all himself. And, yes, Brule should be getting more minutes with better players.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:02 PM
  #102
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
As much as I HATE watching the Oilers lose, I am starting to get encouraged.

Souray's back!

Horcoff is back and played well tonight.

Staios has been a much better player since his return.

Cogliano and Brule looked very good today.

We are getting healthier

The team, though still having a long way to go is starting to play better and is losing games they should win instead of winning games they should lose. In the long run that means something.

The Oilers could easily be 3-1 on this trip so far... not bad.

As sick as I am of watching the failure that has been the past 3 years, I still feel this team is close to turning it around.
Agreed, we could really use Jacques and Stone up front and be rid of Moreau. Moreau is our worst forward right now with HM going to Comrie.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:03 PM
  #103
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Had Atlanta buried all of their chances it could have been 5-2 6-2 .
Did you watch the same game? Seriously You preach the same nonsense after every loss.... If the Oilers buried their chances, it would have been 8-3 9-3, see two can play that game. The Oilers played a good game, they're getting healthy and are starting to play better, give it time.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:03 PM
  #104
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
Still looks pretty bad. A trade needs to be made to acquire another top 6 with size. You know, something they had months to accomplish in the off-season, and that was even very apparent all last season...and the season before that...

Just Penner alone isn't enough. He's playing very well, but he can't do it all himself.
It may not look great but it would be better for the team IMO. I'd like a trade to acquire Horton but since I'm not GM I can't get it done

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:04 PM
  #105
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Did you watch the same game? Seriously You preach the same nonsense after every loss.... If the Oilers buried their chances, it would have been 8-3 9-3, see two can play that game. The Oilers played a good game, they're getting healthy and are starting to play better, give it time.

Like hell it would have been 8-3 9-3 Oilers.Atlanta missed just as much as oilers did.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:05 PM
  #106
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater
 
KarmaPolice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In Limbo
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,447
vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It may not look great but it would be better for the team IMO. I'd like a trade to acquire Horton but since I'm not GM I can't get it done
If you were GM would you also give Souray the 'C'? If so, I'll pull some strings and see what I can do.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:05 PM
  #107
MePutPuckInNet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Some changes are in order.....

Penner-Brule-Hemsky
O'Sullivan-Horcoff-Reddox
Potulny-Gagner-Cogliano
Moreau-Comrie-Stortini
Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
O'Sullivan - Cogliano - Reddox
JFJ - Brule - Comrie
Moreau - Potulny - Stortini

Horcoff - in the press box

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:05 PM
  #108
theranfordflop
Registered User
 
theranfordflop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
New regime?
The players are the same. If you really believe the only thing Quinn needs to spin crap into gold is time, then you are the one that's delusional.
Well, y'know I think it's fair to question some of the roster, and of course it can be improved. If we can meet in the middle and say that some roster moves will help, along with the new coach, new teaching methods, new systems then I think we can have a discussion.

But it is simply ridiculous to watch this team give solid efforts in Ottawa, here in Atlanta, and see people jumping overboard!

theranfordflop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:06 PM
  #109
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 50
Had reasoner buried it would have been 4-2.Edmonton pulls net 5-2 then get the point.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:06 PM
  #110
Traktor*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,657
vCash: 500
Look on the bright side... Horcoff's only has 6 years left on his extension.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:06 PM
  #111
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
What moves did the Oilers make in order to activate Souray from LTIR?

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:07 PM
  #112
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,808
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
If you were GM would you also give Souray the 'C'? If so, I'll pull some strings and see what I can do.
This team needs to start here.
Moreau has to be the undisputed worst captain in the NHL, If for no other reason than symbolism they need to address the issue of the captain.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:08 PM
  #113
theranfordflop
Registered User
 
theranfordflop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Skating View Post
Look on the bright side... Horcoff's only has 6 years left on his extension.
Ugh...

Buying him out would be addition by subtraction.

theranfordflop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:09 PM
  #114
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater
 
KarmaPolice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In Limbo
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,447
vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Skating View Post
Look on the bright side... Horcoff's only has 6 years left on his extension.
Yeah, thanks. I feel so much better now.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:09 PM
  #115
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Like hell it would have been 8-3 9-3 Oilers.Atlanta missed just as much as oilers did.
Like hell it would have been 5-2 6-2 Atlanta, the Oilers missed just as many chances as Atlanta if not more, you really need to relax a bit and step away from the ledge. I'm not happy that they're 2-8-1 in the last 11 games but they are starting to play better, did you really expect this team to be fighting for the division or the presidents trophy, it's important to keep perspective when watching this team. It's going to take time for them to shake the losing mentality, they'll be fighting for the 8th spot like they almost always do, keep your expectations low and try to be pleasantly surprised, when healthy, they looked good early in the year, lets see what they can do when healthy (if healthy).

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:10 PM
  #116
theranfordflop
Registered User
 
theranfordflop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
This team needs to start here.
Moreau has to be the undisputed worst captain in the NHL, If for no other reason than symbolism they need to address the issue of the captain.
Agreed. Our only hope is that he's traded. I don't think they'll strip him.

And who knows, maybe it'll relieve some pressure for him too.

theranfordflop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:10 PM
  #117
MePutPuckInNet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
By the time this team finally gets it's **** together,the season will be half over.
Perhaps. But I still see some progress being made. At the beginning of the season, thats what everyone was hoping for. Then the health of this team completely took a nose-dive...and that set every single player back and it really has taken a toll on the way the team is playing as a whole.

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:12 PM
  #118
Eternity Is Now
Registered User
 
Eternity Is Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ålesund, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
cogs and brule were by far the best players today. i'm loving the way brule is playing. so much energy on every shift. he needs so be playing with hemsky and penner as BBO pointed out and see what he can do.

Eternity Is Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
  #119
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,808
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by theranfordflop View Post
Well, y'know I think it's fair to question some of the roster, and of course it can be improved. If we can meet in the middle and say that some roster moves will help, along with the new coach, new teaching methods, new systems then I think we can have a discussion.

But it is simply ridiculous to watch this team give solid efforts in Ottawa, here in Atlanta, and see people jumping overboard!
I have been saying this lineup isn't good enough to win for over 3 years now. A new system isn't going to change the fact that this team is simply not good enough.

No amount of hope is going to change anything...that should be very apparent to anyone paying attention.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:14 PM
  #120
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
If you were GM would you also give Souray the 'C'? If so, I'll pull some strings and see what I can do.
You betcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
Penner - Gagner - Hemsky
O'Sullivan - Cogliano - Reddox
JFJ - Brule - Comrie
Moreau - Potulny - Stortini

Horcoff - in the press box
If we're including guys that are out.....

Penner-Gagner-Hemsky
Jacques-Brule-Cogliano
O'Sullivan-Horcoff-Stone
Reddox-Potulny-Stortini
PB-Comrie, Nilsson
Thrown into a filled outhouse hole head first Ethan Moreau

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:14 PM
  #121
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Like hell it would have been 5-2 6-2 Atlanta, the Oilers missed just as many chances as Atlanta if not more, you really need to relax a bit and step away from the ledge. I'm not happy that they're 2-8-1 in the last 11 games but they are starting to play better, did you really expect this team to be fighting for the division or the presidents trophy, it's important to keep perspective when watching this team. It's going to take time for them to shake the losing mentality, they'll be fighting for the 8th spot like they almost always do, keep your expectations low and try to be pleasantly surprised, when healthy, they looked good early in the year, lets see what they can do when healthy (if healthy).

This team is exactly where I thought they would be.I predicted this team to finish 11th to 14th .I'm far from the so called "Ledge".

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:14 PM
  #122
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater
 
KarmaPolice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In Limbo
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,447
vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
This team needs to start here.
Moreau has to be the undisputed worst captain in the NHL, If for no other reason than symbolism they need to address the issue of the captain.
That's one thing I really, really don't understand. If they wanted to start anew this year, with a fresh perspective, coaching staff and all, why the hell did they keep Moreau as captain? Did no one in management pay attention the previous two years? He's horrible defensively, stone hands (and that's being nice), takes the worst penalties at the worst time, doesn't hit enough, doesn't fight enough. What the hell makes him even a competent captain, let alone a GOOD one?

It's just inexcusable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theranfordflop View Post
Agreed. Our only hope is that he's traded. I don't think they'll strip him.

And who knows, maybe it'll relieve some pressure for him too.
That's an interesting point, because I believe it would. I think we'd get a bit of the old Moreau back. Sure, he'll still be dumb as a brick, but I think he'd be much more useful than he is now...which I know isn't really saying a lot.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:15 PM
  #123
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Skating View Post
Look on the bright side... Horcoff's only has 6 years left on his extension.
Only 6? They may as well look at adding more to the back end of that deal then.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:17 PM
  #124
Eternity Is Now
Registered User
 
Eternity Is Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ålesund, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
ps. i'm starting to hate Peverly

Eternity Is Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:17 PM
  #125
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Apparently Morea has been struggling with ankle and groin problems. This link was posted in the other thread but I'll post it here as well.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/my...53016-sun.html

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.