HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Improve the Rangers

Old
11-16-2009, 03:00 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan72 View Post
Leting those three frees up 10 million but you have to resign staal, girardi and prospal. I do not know how much Staal and Girardi want but I think it would be atleast 2 million per season for each of them. Prospal is not going to play for 1.2 million if he keeps this up(think more 4 million at the least) If you let Prospal go then you have 6 million left with 10 forwards 5 deffenseman and 1 goalie. If you just bring up players to fill a forward and deffensive spot plus re-sign Valiquette that leaves about 4 million(.750 each). Kovy will not sign for 4 million. I do not see any possible way for the Rangers to be in the market for an impact player this FA season(I know it is really early to say this).

To say something about Drury and Redden, no GM would touch these guys. Gomez has some skill and is why Montreal wanted him. Can you tell me with a straight face that Drury and Redden come close to his skill? Gomez was the one guy last year who came close to making his money out of those three. Drury and Redden will have to be bought out or you will be taking equal money back in a trade. (Drury+really good prospects/top picks for Vinny. This would be awful for the rags)
I could see Girardi moved if need be and Prospal not retained, especially for a 4 million dollar pricetag. McDonagh, Heikenen, Sanguinetti and possibly Sauer all will most likely be ready for the NHL by the start of next years training camp so I would expect 2 spots to be opened up like this year.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

My foolproof plan; trade Rozsival, Sanguinetti, 2nd, to the Hawks for Marian Hossa. Talk out of Chicago is they are trying to lock up Kane and Toews now. That will leave them very little cap room, trading Hoosa would lose them a forever contract, and get the Rangers a new weapon at a manageable cap hit.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I could see Girardi moved if need be and Prospal not retained, especially for a 4 million dollar pricetag. McDonagh, Heikenen, Sanguinetti and possibly Sauer all will most likely be ready for the NHL by the start of next years training camp so I would expect 2 spots to be opened up like this year.
McDonagh is playing college hockey this season.

To say he'll be ready for the NHL by next training camp is a huge stretch

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
My foolproof plan; trade Rozsival, Sanguinetti, 2nd, to the Hawks for Marian Hossa. Talk out of Chicago is they are trying to lock up Kane and Toews now. That will leave them very little cap room, trading Hoosa would lose them a forever contract, and get the Rangers a new weapon at a manageable cap hit.
I'd rather take Barker and Versteeg and then move Girardi on draft day to maybe jump up a spot or two.

Another player I'd be interested in is David Backes from St Louis. Having a tough start to the year and has a very manageable cap hit.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:16 PM
DutchShamrock

What exactly is enough? This team wasn't a contender last season, we all knew that. They weren't a contender in the off-season. We knew that. So what if they're not a contender now with 3-4 rookies on the team... 2 on defense? What needs to be fixed? Sure there's issues, by why does it all have to be done yesterday?

Roster movies for the season were an A+ when Sather turned Gomez into Higgins, McDonough and Gaborik. He let Antropov go and plucked Prospal off the scrap heap by paying our first line center $1m. He resisted signing an extra D, the benefit now is that we have two great rookies gaining valuable experience. So again, what is enough?

I'm content to go forward this season and let our youth gain experience. MDZ and Gilroy are getting quality minutes and thriving. Anisimov is slowly but steadily improving and looking better. PAP and Byers have shown promise in their appearances. Staal is having another mini-rookie campaign by adding another element to his game... he may be struggling now but his long-term game will be better for it.

These are the growning pains that younger teams face. This is a part of the process teams must face on the way to turning into a contender. Maybe this isn't growing pains and everyone is overreacting to some losses in November. What isn't needed is another mass change and roster purge.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Brash is not toughness. He's a bum. Boyle and Voros stink too, but somebody has to play on the 4th line.

lol Yeah. I guess that's why they're there.

Brash, I think, is still pretty tough. But whatever... He's just like Orr. A typical enforcer. All fists. No points.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:32 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Fire the GM

[/end thread]

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:38 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Fire the GM

[/end thread]
ha ha. just logged on to say the same thing

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
SomE

At the deadline send Higgins and a 3rd or a guy like Dupont (something along those lines) to CHI for Dustin Byfuglien. This frees up 3 mil for CHI next season so they can resign their big names and the Rangers get a big guy that can put up 15-20 goals.

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

The only possible way we can get a good elite player is to get rid of one of our "big" contracts and give up picks+prospects
It would have to be like
-Staal/callahan
-higgins
- McD
-1st 2010
-2nd 2011
For kovulchuck

Or the Rangers could try to go for secondary scoring like maybe patrick sharp...
Posted via Mobile Device

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Atlanta is playing well, so even if they do not reach a deal with Kovalchuk, I think they may go the Florida route.

Old
11-16-2009, 07:17 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Rangers have depth, and prospects coming through the system, making a trade for a 1c is not a bad idea.

Eric Staal, Vincent Lecavlier, Derek Roy, Mike Ribeiro, Brad Richards.

Grachev, Stepan, McD, Sanguinetti, and having clear 2nd/3rd liners on our 4th line truly give us the depth to make a trade and I feel like Sather has been stockpiling players and over-signing players because he wants to make one.

We can move Roszival, 1 pick, 1 prospect, and a top 9 forward to nab someone. Is there a chance we could overpay? Yeah, but the truth is, we CAN overpay.

We can say save the cap for Kovalchuk come FA, but we don't have a damn center. I can't remember the last time a team won the cup without a player who even resembled a number 1 center.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Vitto79

Rozsival, Girardi, Sauer for Jovanovksi, Vandermeer

deadline deal

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 08:13 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

news flash....

the league knows that rozy blows. he will bring nothing of value back.

including him in deals with any hopes of talent coming back is a pipe dream.

hes effectively played his way into the abyss.

please stop.

offdacrossbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 08:15 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
news flash....

the league knows that rozy blows. he will bring nothing of value back.

including him in deals with any hopes of talent coming back is a pipe dream.

hes effectively played his way into the abyss.

please stop.
Excellent post! If we see it what makes us think GM's don't?

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 08:17 PM
coolbean04

What about Eric Staal?

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Not all the gms are as shallow or fickle as we are. I'm positinve that there are 5-10 teams at least that would not be heartbroken to have Rozsival on their roster. Dealing him without taking salary back would be hard, granted, but it is certainly possible.

Remember if you will we gave up a 3rd round pick for a drug abusing overpaid disgrace of a defenseman at the 05-06 deadline.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:20 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
not so sure i would be in such a hurry to move bob given the way staal and girardi have played this season.

considering rozy is probably gone in the spring, and that leaves us with redden, staal, girardi, mdz and gilroy, i might want to keep bobby around as hes the most nhl ready impact dman we have in hartford right now.

remove bobby and add mcd and where do i sign

Old
11-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I want to keep Bobby too. But I want Hossa more.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:28 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Not all the gms are as shallow or fickle as we are. I'm positinve that there are 5-10 teams at least that would not be heartbroken to have Rozsival on their roster. Dealing him without taking salary back would be hard, granted, but it is certainly possible.

Remember if you will we gave up a 3rd round pick for a drug abusing overpaid disgrace of a defenseman at the 05-06 deadline.
please remember he was available this summer.

he wasnt moved. for a reason and it wasnt that we wanted too much for him.

his value was low before the season started. now, its off the charts.

i just dont see any demand for an overpaid underperforming 3rd pair dman who wont shoot, cant skate, doesnt hit and stick handles like hes got granite hands.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Slick Rick 61

Quote:
I want to keep Bobby too. But I want Hossa more.
This obviously would never happen, but that's far too long a commitment. Of course he's likely to retire during those "cheap" years, and his cap hit will come off the books.

But that contract is terrible any way you slice it. Not quite Lecavalier bad, but awful nonetheless.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Slick Rick 61

Quote:
please remember he was available this summer.

he wasnt moved. for a reason and it wasnt that we wanted too much for him.

his value was low before the season started. now, its off the charts.

i just dont see any demand for an overpaid underperforming 3rd pair dman who wont shoot, cant skate, doesnt hit and stick handles like hes got granite hands.
He's owed 7 million in the final 2 years of the deal. A team who has cap space could very well take a chance on him in the offseason.

Either he or Girardi are leaving to make room for Sanguinetti. Unless they deal him, which I don't see happening. This team isn't going to be in a position to acquire a big piece at the trade deadline, so he likely wouldn't get moved then.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:

We traded for Morris.

Teams will aquire defenseman in hope of reclaiming what they once were. Rozy is more tradeable than Drury or Redden, that is for sure.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:45 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
We traded for Morris.

Teams will aquire defenseman in hope of reclaiming what they once were. Rozy is more tradeable than Drury or Redden, that is for sure.
morris is playing prime time minutes for boston

i liked morris way way more than i ever liked rozy

hes 2/9 11 so far this year and 1/4 for 5 on the pp

morris would look nice on this team right now.

rozy is being shopped now im sure of it and imo, hes gone at the deadline.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:41 PM
levski87

What about Brad Boyes?... Managable cap hit.

I'd start with Dubinsky and go from there.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote