HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Glen Healy, you're killing me!

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 08:01 PM
JohnnyB11

vCash: 500
Glen Healy, you're killing me!

Some insightful quotes from one of hockey's up-and-coming color commentators:

- " the Canadiens need to play on the edge, not over the edge, in this game-defining season!" A game-defining season?

- "the Canadiens have 15 players who haven't scored in the playoffs, and their forwards have only scored two goals." I could have sworn Kovalev himself had three goals?

- " One thing the Canadiens don't want to do is go in to the first period tied!" Last I checked every game went into the first period tied. :lol

The Canadiens power play has been struggling, they went 1-for-23 this season" Only 23 power-plays this season? Wow!

This guy is simply painful to listen to, really...

Old
04-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Mike8

You beat me to it. He is abysmal. I don't like to complain about commentators, but he's beyond bad. Thank god for the mute button.

Old
04-15-2004, 08:50 PM
evman150*

Thank God for SRC.

Old
04-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Lafontaine

Drinkin game....

I pity those who are playing the drinking game posted a couple days ago. "Have a drink every time Healy talks about Perreault!"...Poor buggers, they are all likely passed out by now and the game isn't even over!

PS: Maclean just made some comment about "For all you Canadien fans complaining you've been hard done by, here's a break"....and they showed the second goal. Screw you MacLean.

Old
04-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Drakkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafontaine
I pity those who are playing the drinking game posted a couple days ago. "Have a drink every time Healy talks about Perreault!"...Poor buggers, they are all likely passed out by now and the game isn't even over!

PS: Maclean just made some comment about "For all you Canadien fans complaining you've been hard done by, here's a break"....and they showed the second goal. Screw you MacLean.
Yeah Maclean has taken lots of shots to the Montreal Canadiens this series. But it's okay, it must be the years of frustration coming out

Old
04-15-2004, 08:55 PM
h-bomb

i love his comment on the Zednik cross-check "one for one"
HE WAS HIT IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD!
its's a good thing the nhl wants to crack down on hits to the head

Old
04-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Ontario Habsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafontaine

I'm really sick of the way CBC is so anti-Hab. Tonight Maclean was calling Zed a softie?! We've all seen Zednik fight! He had a good fight last year and won!! I watch all the games on SRC. Healy is another Leaf cheerleader (just like MacLean) and I can't stand that.

Now that were down they just wanna kick us.

By the way Healy sounds like a disgrace.

If the Habs pull off the comeback, who will we have in round 2? Either way we deal with crap. Because if it's Cole he comes with Harry, if it's Cuthbert he comes with Millen or we get stuck again with this Dynamic Duo.

I think Whittman is getting to old. I seem to remember him being good? Maybe I was too young...

Old
04-15-2004, 10:35 PM
#44_delivers

glen healy's an idiot! its not his fualt.
ron mclean is just a b!t$h a$$ ho that needs a spanking from grapes.

thank god for RDS better vision better sound and i dont understand a word of french.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:00 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
I agree with what has been said here.

I've finally begun to tune out the exciting tandem of Whitless and Heal.

But, what pisses me off most is Ron McLean, a broadcaster known for reserving his own opinions and straddling the fence (unless he has an interview with Bettman) and all of a sudden, we are all a bunch of "softies" and "embellishers".

It is honestly becoming so bad, that it is grounds for complaints should be written to CBC.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
I'm pretty sure that Healy is still sour because the Habs hammered him and the Islanders in 93!!! That's the only reason he would have to hate them (ofcourse being on CBC's payroll, doesn't hurt either)

Imagine if the leafs were in the same situation as the Habs and won tonight...hell they would probably still be doing post-game coverage.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
04-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
I'm pretty sure that Healy is still sour because the Habs hammered him and the Islanders in 93!!! That's the only reason he would have to hate them (ofcourse being on CBC's payroll, doesn't hurt either)

Imagine if the leafs were in the same situation as the Habs and won tonight...hell they would probably still be doing post-game coverage.

Unbiased Canadian
i was watching it on espn2. it was 5 seconds faster and i ignore there commentary cause theyre not creditable anyway.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Confused_Combination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
i was watching it on espn2. it was 5 seconds faster and i ignore there commentary cause theyre not creditable anyway.
Two things I can say for Healy. He's better then those morons on ESPN and ABC and Two I don't think he is all that biased. Tells it like he see's it and doesn't try to fabricate things.

Is there such thing a half hab fan half leaf fan?

Old
04-15-2004, 11:39 PM
RE-HABS

Healy hates the Habs plain and simple because he is a Leaf lover, but even he admitted tonight that Habs should be up 3-1. Hard for him to say, but I think he and every other "Expert" knows we should be resting and have already won this series.

We will win in 7!

GO HABS, GO RYDER!!!

Old
04-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise

It is honestly becoming so bad, that it is grounds for complaints should be written to CBC.
Your tax dollars in action. The entire nation went into an uproar when they cancelled his contract, they won't do anything with Ron.

Funny isn't it? Ron made 4-500 thousand last year, and millions of homers protected his job, and stood up for him. It was an outrage, an insult.. poor RON!

My neighbor down the road can't get a job, and nobody cares.

Oh, I'm going off topic now.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Perfect_Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11
- " the Canadiens need to play on the edge, not over the edge, in this game-defining season!" A game-defining season?
Lol, I was thinking the same thing game defining season WTF???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11
- "the Canadiens have 15 players who haven't scored in the playoffs, and their forwards have only scored two goals." I could have sworn Kovalev himself had three goals?
HAHAH, ya i was thinking that same thing again Your stealing the words from my mouth man :lol

The rest I didn't notice but those two were funny

Thankfully the habs won though, I had to watch it on tape after I came back from my exam.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Your tax dollars in action. The entire nation went into an uproar when they cancelled his contract, they won't do anything with Ron.

Funny isn't it? Ron made 4-500 thousand last year, and millions of homers protected his job, and stood up for him. It was an outrage, an insult.. poor RON!

My neighbor down the road can't get a job, and nobody cares.

Oh, I'm going off topic now.

Dude.......
I think your avatar is totally hilarious!

Old
04-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Carbo N8

I learned a long time ago that the best way to watch any game is with the volume off: actually it was when the Habs broadcast were doen by Dick Irvine on the radio & I watched the game on the French tv broadcast. This eliminates all the blather from the "Talking Heads" who I really don't need to tell me what's going on. The only thing I really miss are the game noises like the big hits, the puck ringing off the post or the crowd noise.

Wasn't it great when the strike was on in Quebec & we could watch a game & really enjoy the true game without the mindless chatter!

Old
04-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8
I learned a long time ago that the best way to watch any game is with the volume off: actually it was when the Habs broadcast were doen by Dick Irvine on the radio & I watched the game on the French tv broadcast. This eliminates all the blather from the "Talking Heads" who I really don't need to tell me what's going on. The only thing I really miss are the game noises like the big hits, the puck ringing off the post or the crowd noise.

Wasn't it great when the strike was on in Quebec & we could watch a game & really enjoy the true game without the mindless chatter!
Right on.

Old
04-16-2004, 11:21 AM
old scotia

When Gonchar highsticked Ribs, Healey says Ribs won't get that call because of his actions in the other game. Then the TV showed Gonchar going to the penalty box and Healey says they must of caught Gonchar with the first highstick. Then the TV shows the replay of Gonchar and of course there is only the one highstick.
Then there is no response from Healy. What a yard bird he is.

Old
04-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Perfect_Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8

That's why it's cool to watch it in french sometimes. I can't understand most of it so it's like fannoise. No Glen Healy :lol

Old
04-16-2004, 01:30 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

It's all true
makes you realize how much you miss Dick Irvin

Old
04-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Skiblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian

Unbiased Canadian
Can't stand him either...also wasn't he the one who let in the 1st goal in the Bell/Molson Centre ( on a Vincent Damphousse shot) ?
:lol

Closed Thread