HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

TTC Tickets

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2009, 04:59 PM
abnormal

vCash: 500
TTC Tickets

I know this is off topic (yet again) the brain is leading me in these directions but here it goes:

CONDENSED VERSION:

I need to get a hold of TTC Student bus tickets for cheaper than face value
Does anyone know where I might be able to get that?
(No metropass- I don't use the bus enough to make it worth it- unless its at a GREATLY reduced price)

LONGER VERSION:

Turns out a cop decided to infiltrate a parking niche some of us have at our school. Basically its in midtown TOronto, but surrounded by no parking zones (hospital on one side, private school on the other, etc) basically a swamp of NO PARKING during the times we would be at school.

Well lo and behold we find a nice spot, room for about 5 cars on a residential street iwht conveniently conspicuous signage behind the 5th car position. So we had been parking there all year, and for a portion of the last school year.
Wouldn't you know it this cop decides to stir things up and tickets every car there. Twice in two days.

Essentially, I've given up with this, I'm not gonna stand by my car, I think I'm going to be using public transportation alot more. Thus, I need to try to find some deals on bus tickets if at all possible.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks for putting up with the recent OT threads

Old
11-16-2009, 05:14 PM
UncleBob

wrong time to be switching to public transit. The price of tickets going to increase in 2010. The TTC is seriously pissing me off, they constantly have problems with the subway. And yet they want to increase prices cause people rather buy metro passes, over the expensive tokens. TTC is a joke.

Old
11-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Angry Penguin

iv eseen people buy say 10 tickets and then peel each ticket in half and then fold it
this way each half can be used as a ticket. not sure how often it can be pulled off though.

Old
11-16-2009, 06:44 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Penguin View Post
iv eseen people buy say 10 tickets and then peel each ticket in half and then fold it
this way each half can be used as a ticket. not sure how often it can be pulled off though.
And that is why the TTC is so paranoid about fraudulent tickets my friends...

Old
11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
mooseOAK*

Boo hoo.

Old
11-16-2009, 06:51 PM
TuckerThomas

I used to complain about the TTC all the time when I lived in TO. Now I live in Edmonton and it's almost the same price for a third of the service. Enjoy the best transit system in North America cause that's what you have with the TTC. When you consider traffic and parking it's a better choice to just pay correct the fare and get on with life. Maybe you could sacrafice a couple of ring tones for your phone or not buy that new game for your PS3 and just pay the fare.

Old
11-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnormal View Post
I know this is off topic (yet again) the brain is leading me in these directions but here it goes:

CONDENSED VERSION:

I need to get a hold of TTC Student bus tickets for cheaper than face value
Does anyone know where I might be able to get that?
(No metropass- I don't use the bus enough to make it worth it- unless its at a GREATLY reduced price)

LONGER VERSION:

Turns out a cop decided to infiltrate a parking niche some of us have at our school. Basically its in midtown TOronto, but surrounded by no parking zones (hospital on one side, private school on the other, etc) basically a swamp of NO PARKING during the times we would be at school.

Well lo and behold we find a nice spot, room for about 5 cars on a residential street iwht conveniently conspicuous signage behind the 5th car position. So we had been parking there all year, and for a portion of the last school year.
Wouldn't you know it this cop decides to stir things up and tickets every car there. Twice in two days.

Essentially, I've given up with this, I'm not gonna stand by my car, I think I'm going to be using public transportation alot more. Thus, I need to try to find some deals on bus tickets if at all possible.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks for putting up with the recent OT threads

are you a narc?

Old
11-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Meganuck*

Didn't the TTC do away with tickets... or did I dream that up?

Old
11-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Batts View Post
Didn't the TTC do away with tickets... or did I dream that up?
yes. they did away with adult tickets.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:09 PM
abnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimnew View Post
are you a narc?
Ha Ha- no!
just a student looking to save some coin
now that i reread the original post, I could see how I might come across that way- (my bad)

Old
11-16-2009, 08:30 PM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerThomas View Post
I used to complain about the TTC all the time when I lived in TO. Now I live in Edmonton and it's almost the same price for a third of the service. Enjoy the best transit system in North America cause that's what you have with the TTC. When you consider traffic and parking it's a better choice to just pay correct the fare and get on with life. Maybe you could sacrafice a couple of ring tones for your phone or not buy that new game for your PS3 and just pay the fare.
in North America? are you insane?

Old
11-16-2009, 08:58 PM
SenorDingDong

who pays the full amount for the subway? I dont buy tokens or passes or anything just throw some money into the box.

They want 2.75 per trip i usually toss in about 1.25. The ppl working there dont care and if theres anyone else putting money into it (almost always) they cant tell anyway.

Old
11-16-2009, 09:07 PM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerThomas View Post
Have you not been to NY or CHI?

Old
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

We don't tend to use the boards to find ways to promote illegal obtained products, like say, TTC tickets below market price.

And for the record, the TTC is a great deal.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Closed Thread