HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/16 Your New Jersey Devils at Philadelphia Flyers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2009, 12:50 AM
  #26
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks
 
BrodeursCups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoDak now NYC area
Country: United States
Posts: 29,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Anyone want to spend the time to figure out our all-time wins-loss record on VS? lol

BrodeursCups is online now  
Old
11-16-2009, 02:51 AM
  #27
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 19,004
vCash: 500
Break the versus curse!!

LGD

britdevil is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 03:14 AM
  #28
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
I'm going to miss a lot of this game. Class until 8:50 and then I don't get back home til 9:20 or so.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 06:49 AM
  #29
Henry Killinger
Registered User
 
Henry Killinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
What's with all the hate for Versus? Of course I'd rather have Doc and Chico, but I don't think Versus is that bad as it goes for broadcasting.

Please direct all further hate to the Flyers, where it belongs.
For me, the hate is for the childish dispute between DirecTV and VS. Every year I pay extra for the Center Ice package, and between Dolan being a ***** and hogging his HD feeds, and the DirecTV/VS debacle causing me to have to rely on a stream to watch the game, the haterade is flowing strong right about now.

Anyways, LGD!!! Keep the streak alive!

Henry Killinger is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 07:02 AM
  #30
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Anyone want to spend the time to figure out our all-time wins-loss record on VS? lol
Don't have to. ******.

Yeah, that's right. ******.

__________________
"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
"I learned not to question Cowbell's willingness to ban." - Brian Boyle
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 07:27 AM
  #31
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,795
vCash: 500
Tonight is going to be interesting. In addition to the VS curse, I'll be going to the game tonight. I've never seen the Devils win a game in Philly in the 5-6 times I've gone. Do the curses cancel out or do they combine and become stronger?
Posted via Mobile Device

Das Uber is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 07:28 AM
  #32
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 19,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
Tonight is going to be interesting. In addition to the VS curse, I'll be going to the game tonight. I've never seen the Devils win a game in Philly in the 5-6 times I've gone. Do the curses cancel out or do they combine and become stronger?
Posted via Mobile Device
I suppose it does. When you add 0+0 you get boobs and when you type Google into Google, the internet breaks.

Don't do that last one by the way. I don't like broken internet.

britdevil is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 07:59 AM
  #33
Crimson Devil*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In a gutted caribou.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,131
vCash: 500
I'll take broken internet before broken undefeated road streak.

Crimson Devil* is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:02 AM
  #34
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,696
vCash: 500
Lets Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:03 AM
  #35
Devils Unseen Hand
Registered User
 
Devils Unseen Hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ocean County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
Tonight should be the roughest game of the year. Dave Shultz night, coupled with he Flyers (aka Devils's Whipping Boys) will do everything in their power not to let the Devils tie the road win record.

I'm expecting 4-6 fights tonight. Maybe even a brawl. If I was coach, my lines for tonight would be;

ZZBop
Rolston Zubes Elias
Sesito Pelley Clarkson
PLL Corrente Peters

I'd dress 7 D-men, as I'm sure Bryce will be off the ice for numerous roughing or fighting penalties. (Part of the Flyers game-plan) Better to have a back-up D-man to replace him should he be in the box or Corrente.

Devils Unseen Hand is online now  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:05 AM
  #36
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
Tonight should be the roughest game of the year. Dave Shultz night, coupled with he Flyers (aka Devils's Whipping Boys) will do everything in their power not to let the Devils tie the road win record.

I'm expecting 4-6 fights tonight. Maybe even a brawl. If I was coach, my lines for tonight would be;

ZZBop
Rolston Zubes Elias
Sesito Pelley Clarkson
PLL Corrente Peters

I'd dress 7 D-men, as I'm sure Bryce will be off the ice for numerous roughing or fighting penalties. (Part of the Flyers game-plan) Better to have a back-up D-man to replace him should he be in the box or Corrente.
Wow. Sestito is a centermen. Correnete is a defenseman. PLL and Peters on the ice at the same time is a recipe for disaster.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:12 AM
  #37
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne
 
Brooklyndevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,137
vCash: 500
Unfortunately, I have every hockey channel but Versus, so I won't be able to watch this one. Either way, win or lose, we fans have to be impressed with how this team has come together.

As for tonight, I believe it's a mistake to play both PLL & Peters. Those days are over and Lemaire shouldn't let this Flyers team force him into putting together a waste of a 4th line. Let the Flyers take stupid penalities with our PP, which is starting to click.

Brooklyndevil is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:16 AM
  #38
Devils Unseen Hand
Registered User
 
Devils Unseen Hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ocean County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Wow. Sestito is a centermen. Correnete is a defenseman. PLL and Peters on the ice at the same time is a recipe for disaster.
Ahhhhh, that wouldn't be a line. Pelley & Sesito would be pivotal centers for the 4th line. Corrente would rotate in on the D should things get rough & it's better to let him fight than Bryce, as Bryce is more important for the D.

Devils Unseen Hand is online now  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:16 AM
  #39
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 19,004
vCash: 500
I think playing 7 d-men tonight might be a good idea. Murphy shouldn't get much EV time and at least Corrente should be willing to drop the gloves and play with some grit.

I don't know, I don't need to question Jacques. He's done well so far haha.

britdevil is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:29 AM
  #40
onefatsurfer
I speak in code
 
onefatsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
GO DEVILS!!!

onefatsurfer is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:30 AM
  #41
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I almost forgot. She is definitely appropriate for this game:

ooooooo. Tommy likey. Tommy want wingy

ForsbergIsOdin is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:34 AM
  #42
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Let's go Devils... I have center-ice, so in theory I should be able to watch every single hockey game but no, Videotron doesn't carry TSN2 for some ****ing reason !!!

**** TSN2 !!!!


DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:38 AM
  #43
Devils Unseen Hand
Registered User
 
Devils Unseen Hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ocean County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
I forgot, IK4 is supposed to be a decent scrapper. Thus, I'd sit out Murphy & play IK4 to see if he has what it takes to be our "next" Clarkson as he was penciled in to be.

Recapping, my lines for tonight would be;

ZZBop
Rolston Zubes Elias
IK4 Sesito Clarkson
PL3 Pelley Peters

White & Motts
Green & Sal
Corrente & Fraser

Actually...I like that group for tonight!!!


Last edited by Devils Unseen Hand: 11-16-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Devils Unseen Hand is online now  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:48 AM
  #44
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
def in for a rough game. they better ****ing beat these pansies.

åboriginal is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:56 AM
  #45
SCOTTIESTEVENS
Registered User
 
SCOTTIESTEVENS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country:
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 500
VS curse vs. not being able to watch the game on TV.. hmm I'll take my chances.

LGD!

SCOTTIESTEVENS is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 08:58 AM
  #46
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 19,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
I forgot, IK4 is supposed to be a decent scrapper. Thus, I'd sit out Murphy & play IK4 to see if he has what it takes to be our "next" Clarkson as he was penciled in to be.

Recapping, my lines for tonight would be;

ZZBop
Rolston Zubes Elias
IK4 Sesito Clarkson
PL3 Pelley Peters

White & Motts
Green & Sal
Corrente & Fraser

Actually...I like that group for tonight!!!
Pikkarainen isn't much of a fighter, he was an agitator with decent skill in the FEL, and you totally forgot Langenbrunner. My guess is we will see more of the same from Saturday, only with a more physical aspect to each line. Maybe like:

Parise - Zajac - Langs
Elias - Zubrus - Bergfors
Rolston - Sestito - Clarkson
Peters - Pelley - Halischuk/Pikkarainen

Salvador - Greene
White - Mottau
Fraser - Murphy

britdevil is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 09:02 AM
  #47
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTIESTEVENS View Post
VS curse vs. not being able to watch the game on TV.. hmm I'll take my chances.

LGD!

åboriginal is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 09:02 AM
  #48
Dr Grant
...
 
Dr Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,324
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Devils in HD tonight!!! Love TSN2

Dr Grant is offline  
Old
11-16-2009, 09:04 AM
  #49
Devils Unseen Hand
Registered User
 
Devils Unseen Hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ocean County
Country: United States
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Pikkarainen isn't much of a fighter, he was an agitator with decent skill in the FEL, and you totally forgot Langenbrunner. My guess is we will see more of the same from Saturday, only with a more physical aspect to each line. Maybe like:

Parise - Zajac - Langs
Elias - Zubrus - Bergfors
Rolston - Sestito - Clarkson
Peters - Pelley - Halischuk/Pikkarainen

Salvador - Greene
White - Mottau
Fraser - Murphy
I thought Langs was questionable for tonight because of some nagging injury? Or was that some nonsense I read by Neverson?

Devils Unseen Hand is online now  
Old
11-16-2009, 09:06 AM
  #50
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,022
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
I thought Langs was questionable for tonight because of some nagging injury? Or was that some nonsense I read by Neverson?
Lemaire told TG that he expects Langs to play.

cj225 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.