HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Junior Lessard

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 04:15 PM
habaholic

vCash: 500
Junior Lessard

According to Bob McKenzie, the habs are apparently making a strong push to sign him. Toronto and Dallas are the other 2 teams interested.

My link is Spector's Hockey.

Lessard being from Quebec, we might have a slight advantage on the other teams, unless he's another Patrice Bergeron who grew up hating the habs.

Old
04-13-2004, 04:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

That would be a great pickup if it happens.

Old
04-13-2004, 04:24 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
is lessard better than most of our prospects?

is he really that good?

Old
04-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Hope it's true because we never have enought good prospects. Never see him play but he seem to be good and he have a good frame so I would like to see us sign him...

Old
04-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Duff88

That would be great. Everytime I see Lessard play, he is always the best player on the ice. It would be great to add him to our already big prospect depth!

Old
04-13-2004, 04:46 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby
is lessard better than most of our prospects?

is he really that good?

He's good thats for sure. He would add depth to an already deep prospect core. I think adding Lessard would ease the pain of losing Balej. I'd put him around Balej's level of skill, not the same player by any means, as he doesn't have the speed or heavy shot, but has a lot more hockey sense and is a very good passer as well. Who ever gets him will be lucky to grab him. I'm surprised we are going after him since we just got Danis, but it's great to hear that Gainey is trying to get him.

Old
04-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Traitor8

Trade season is over so time to concentrate on signing Prospects.

Go Gainey Go!

Can Lessard get a spot with us in september? is he that good? do you seee him as a WARD type player

Old
04-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by habaholic
According to Bob McKenzie, the habs are apparently making a strong push to sign him. Toronto and Dallas are the other 2 teams interested.

My link is Spector's Hockey.

Lessard being from Quebec, we might have a slight advantage on the other teams, unless he's another Patrice Bergeron who grew up hating the habs.
Realistically, money and the depth of the interested teams will likely be the principal determining factors IMO. No doubt, he worked very hard to get where he is so it's natural he'll want to cash in. Montreal may not be the best option for him career wise. He may choose Toronto or Dallas where his chances of making "the show" sooner, if you will, might be better. I can also see the Leafs or Stars offering gobs of money.

Dan. You've seen him play. What do you think? Is he worth the hype? I've heard his skating is not the best....

Old
04-13-2004, 05:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster
Realistically, money and the depth of the interested teams will likely be the principal determining factors IMO. No doubt, he worked very hard to get where he is so it's natural he'll want to cash in. Montreal may not be the best option for him career wise. He may choose Toronto or Dallas where his chances of making "the show" sooner, if you will, might be better. I can also see the Leafs or Stars offering gobs of money.

Dan. You've seen him play. What do you think? Is he worth the hype? I've heard his skating is not the best....

Is anyone worth the hype? That's tough to say but I would be very interested in seeing the Habs pick him up. I think his skating is fine, but he could use an extra gear as he's not the biggest, I'd say around Higgins size but without the upper body frame (Higgins looks like he works out a lot he's filled out his frame a lot) But he's got a lot of skill offensively and since he's only going to cost money, I'd say he's more then worth a chance just for depth alone, as RW is getting a little thin. Perezhogin, Milroy, Ferland, Thinel, Buturlin, Selig. Perehzogin is our top RW prospect and Kastsitsyn can play there if need be, but if Milroy continues to struggle, Thinel may or may not be resigned, Buturlin may never come over and Selig may never be signed (have a very bad senior year).

So if say Perezhogin makes the Habs at some point next year, Lessard would most likely be the top guy over Ferland and Milroy in Hamilton. If it happens great, if not oh well.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Trade season is over so time to concentrate on signing Prospects.

Go Gainey Go!

Can Lessard get a spot with us in september? is he that good? do you seee him as a WARD type player

No, he's nothing like Ward. Think more around Ryder without the physical play as I haven't seen him take the body much, unlike Ryder who usually always finish his checks. Lessard I think can make the NHL but should see some time in the AHL first. He's a solid all round player, but he's got a lot of offensive skill.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
No, he's nothing like Ward. Think more around Ryder without the physical play as I haven't seen him take the body much, unlike Ryder who usually always finish his checks. Lessard I think can make the NHL but should see some time in the AHL first. He's a solid all round player, but he's got a lot of offensive skill.
That sounds great. I don't want to get too excited, though. The Leafs are going after him, too, so I'd like to reserve the right to say "he sucks" and "he'll be a bust" in the case that they land him.

Old
04-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
That sounds great. I don't want to get too excited, though. The Leafs are going after him, too, so I'd like to reserve the right to say "he sucks" and "he'll be a bust" in the case that they land him.
I hope the guy is as good as they say he is. So many Hobey winners only turn out to be average players. I assume this guy is talented because so many teams are after him. Fun to watch all these guys in training camps. Its a crap shoot.

Old
04-13-2004, 06:19 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
if he is so good y didnt anyone draft him?

Old
04-13-2004, 06:20 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
History of Hobey Baker

1981 Neal Broten
1982 George McPhee
1983 Mark Fusco
1984 Tom Kurvers
1985 Bill Watson
1986 Scott Fusco
1987 Tony Hrkac
1988 Robb Stauber
1989 Lane MacDonald
1990 Kip Miller
1991 David Emma
1992 Scott Pellerin
1993 Paul Kariya
1994 Chris Marinucci
1995 Brian Holzinger
1996 Brian Bonin
1997 Brendan Morrison
1998 Chris Drury
1999 Jason Krog
2000 Mike Mottau
2001 Ryan Miller
2002 Jordan Leopold
2003 Junior Lessard

Old
04-13-2004, 06:38 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

I've had the opportunity to watch Lessard eariler this year on the NHL Network...

My analysis on him is as follows...

Extremely talented foward, soft hands, doesn't hit, decent speed(not a problem at all), whats probably most impressive about him is his shot accuracy, it's insane, he can pick a corner and 9 times out of 10 he will NAIL it.

I PRAY THE HABS GET HIM.

Old
04-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I saw on the list of HABSTRAK that all the Hobey Baker winner who have a nice NHL carreer or will have a good NHL carreer were all drfted in the first round...Lessard was never draft so maybe he will turn out to be a really average player...

Old
04-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I saw on the list of HABSTRAK that all the Hobey Baker winner who have a nice NHL carreer or will have a good NHL carreer were all drfted in the first round...Lessard was never draft so maybe he will turn out to be a really average player...
Doesn't mean ANYTHING at all.

Closed Thread