Notices

You are so ignorant

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Fern

vCash: 500
You are so ignorant

I still don't understand why the American Anthem thing is so big... The fans were booing the Bruins that's it. It's simple Montreal=Canada, Boston = U.S. That's the first thing that come to my mind... If the Leafs had there anthem, fans would react the same way. At the end of the antem, I was sure that it would create something big in the US. Sorry but, the Canadian flag was once put upside down during a baseball game and we did not cry. You are patriotic, but the way you react right now seems more like a complex of superiority. It's a GAME, don't forget it we just want to win, it's no politic.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
It's a sign of disrespect that transcends hockey and regional rivalries. At a time when the world is a tense place and people are losing their lives in war on a daily basis, you're being naive to simply say, "lighten up."

But what are you after here, do you just want people to adjust their genuine emotional reaction to this thing based on how you think it should work?

And a topic that starts out "You are so ignorant" does not have much of a chance to either dissipate peoples' hostility or to be taken seriously.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Samsonov14
Best chimp ever

Dude, did you just title your message "You are so ignorant" and expect people to listen to your arguments? Good luck with that one. This thread is going nowhere.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:21 PM
BroonzGirl84

If it was about "booing the Bruins" then it would be best to boo when they first step out on the ice, or whenever one of the Bruins players touch the puck. Booing a national anthem is uncalled for and IMO ignorant.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Bandwagoner

As a fellow Canadian, I have to disagree with Fern. I mean come on man, they were not booing the Bruins, it's sounds more like an excuse more than anything. And if you bring up the fact that they carried our flag upside down and we didn't get upset about it? It's a vague memory of mine, but didn't we cause such a stink about it that the American marines or whoever messed up wanted to rectify the situation??? But take a recent incident at the Sault Lake Olympics, when "allegedly" the American women's hockey team was walking on our flag in their dressing room. You can not say that we weren't Poed about that because we were.

I guess I just have to say that if you want to boo the Bruins, boo the Bruins, but in no way associate Canada vs America into this whole argument. What the Habs fans did was wrong, and your argument would have some merit if this was only the first time it happened, but unfortunately it isn't.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:29 PM
tarabelle99

Send a message via AIM to tarabelle99
IMO, it is ignorant to "boo" ANY anthem, regardless.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

This thread is ignorant.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:33 PM
mattkaz

As a Canadian, I went to the game, and I was probably the only one in the building not booing. You couldn't even hear the words. It's ridiculous. I've never been the biggest Quebec fan, but come on. It's one thing to dislike it, but to show it in such a disrespectful manner on TV and in front of the handful of American players on both teams. That just fires up these players to perform.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:33 PM
BroonzGirl84

I agree, Lady Rhian...

Old
04-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Fern

Sorry

Ok maybe my title is not that good but do you really think that if you boo the Canadian anthem it will be a big story? No because we know that's it is just a game. After all, we're just the Siberia of North America. Canada is not a warrior country, it's a peacefull counrty and US doesn't have any lesson to give on this subject. If people dies it's not our because of us and it will change nothing if Canadiens fans boo the Bruins by booing the national anthem.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:39 PM
KC23

Explain it to my kids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
I still don't understand why the American Anthem thing is so big... The fans were booing the Bruins that's it. It's simple Montreal=Canada, Boston = U.S. That's the first thing that come to my mind... If the Leafs had there anthem, fans would react the same way. At the end of the antem, I was sure that it would create something big in the US. Sorry but, the Canadian flag was once put upside down during a baseball game and we did not cry. You are patriotic, but the way you react right now seems more like a complex of superiority. It's a GAME, don't forget it we just want to win, it's no politic.
My sons love to watch and play hockey. They have traveled all over North America to play and watch the games. When they heard the boo's they were mortified. Their first repsonse was "Mom, are we going to have a problem when we go to Montreal for hockey camp" it then continues to "are they going to hate us because we are American?" Even though they have had great times in Montreal, when this stuff happens they tend to get scared. It isn't ignorant. It isn't overreacting. People learn to communicate by watching others. I don't want teach my sons that booing someone's national anthem is appropriate or is just part of the game. Hockey is an international game and it is about time people respect it, because when fans pull stupid stunts, booing etc it disrespects the game we all love. Okay I am off my soapbox now

Old
04-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
this is garbage...

Fern ..read your PM.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread