HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#21 | New York Islanders vs. Boston Bruins | Nov 16 | 7:00p

Old
11-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Islanderfan72

vCash: 500
After sleeping on this game I just want to say that usually we lose this game 4-1. We got an early lead but then let Boston tie it. Last year we would fall apart and lose. I like how our team does not give up and keeps working all the time.

Islanderfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 10:35 AM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
It was a comparison to his style of play, not the man himself.
Got ya. My bad.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Bones45

I think Trottiers comment of bi-polar is very generous.

Look at it this way. The Isles fans who are newer, clearly can't read---b/c if they did, they would have read the history on this team from the past 12+ years and steered clear.

Those of us who are older--and continue to support this team despite the past 12 years----just are gluttons and deserve to be punished.

That being said, Ill take the bi-polar title any day!!!

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:02 PM
kpap57

my short term memory cant seem to remember the last time we lost in regulation. can anyone shed some light. Have we lost in reg. this month? november has not been a friendly month for the isles the last couple a year, dec has been pretty abismal for this team as well. If they can get to jan 1st playing the same type of hockey i will be convinced this is not just a fluke or hot streak.

kpap57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpap57 View Post
my short term memory cant seem to remember the last time we lost in regulation. can anyone shed some light. Have we lost in reg. this month? november has not been a friendly month for the isles the last couple a year, dec has been pretty abismal for this team as well. If they can get to jan 1st playing the same type of hockey i will be convinced this is not just a fluke or hot streak.
Devils and Sabres.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 02:32 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
Count me in as one who is starting to believe in this team, mind you, starting. Wondering what this team would look like with another top-4 D man who can play both ends of the ice, and one more bonafide top-6 forward. Wondering if Garth/Wang are thinking the same?
I think Tambellini is the chip we need to get that #4 dman, Visnovsky might be the answer, since Edmonton may overpay for Tambo LOL..... I think scratchng Tambo is hurting his trade value though, compared to letting him play and exposing himself.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 02:35 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMick View Post
Hes actually improving as a coach ...

I could care less if he smiles.... Just Win Baby

W's mean more to me than coaches who fall in love with cameras.
Would you smile if you knew that any one of 200 million internet users can see your Beanpot Trot on video at any hour LOL

Old
11-17-2009, 02:39 PM
majormet

As a fan since the first season, Scott Gordon is probably the 3rd coach in their history that I don't question as much. Arbour and Laviolette were the only ones that I had confidence in and I am starting to get that vibe with Gordon, did not have that with Nolan at all.

I see the point of starting Sim, he is energy, he tries hard, bottom line is that winning teams have agitators, and he is just that. I guess from a business standpoint, Sim makes a lot more money too, so that could be a reason for him playing, but still......

Old
11-17-2009, 07:08 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJo View Post
You know Sutton is going to get hurt soon. JT and MM will come back to earth. It should be back on by January.
You can quote me...you'll see those threads pop up when we hit a rough patch...

My guess is late Jan-early Feb.

11-18-2009, 12:29 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMick View Post
You can quote me...you'll see those threads pop up when we hit a rough patch...

My guess is late Jan-early Feb.
I think the rough patch is going to be next Week... Philly on Wed, Pitt on Friday and Devils on Saturday.

Old
11-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
I think the rough patch is going to be next Week... Philly on Wed, Pitt on Friday and Devils on Saturday.
I know the team is taking things game-for-game, as they should.

Looking ahead, the Isles are playing three more "beatable" teams on the road, and I say that although I love what's going on in St. Louis. For some reason, they haven't been playing their best hockey recently.

But you're right about what you're saying: those three opponents on 3 of 4 nights is gonna be a REAL test.

Although two are at home, those are playoff teams that are gonna make life real hard for our Islanders. I'd be happy if we could get a victory in even one of those three.

As for the next three on the road, I think 4 points should be doable.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:04 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
I know the team is taking things game-for-game, as they should.

Looking ahead, the Isles are playing three more "beatable" teams on the road, and I say that although I love what's going on in St. Louis. For some reason, they haven't been playing their best hockey recently.

But you're right about what you're saying: those three opponents on 3 of 4 nights is gonna be a REAL test.

Although two are at home, those are playoff teams that are gonna make life real hard for our Islanders. I'd be happy if we could get a victory in even one of those three.

As for the next three on the road, I think 4 points should be doable.
I think 4 points over the next 3 games is doable, St Louis on Saturday after traveling from Minnesota might be a tough one. I would settle for 3 points in that tough 3 game patch next week, need to jump on the Devils early.