HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse was sleeping in his hotel at 6:30 before Saturday's game.

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2009, 07:57 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Latendresse was sleeping in his hotel at 6:30 before Saturday's game.

I heard this on the radio this morning on the way to work...Hadn't seen anything about this before.

Latendresse was supposed to be scratched Saturday, but ended up playing since Gionta wasn't able to go. When he got the call to play, he was in his hotel room...Apparently sleeping, according to Latendresse himself. At 6:30, 30 minutes before the game.

Now, I dunno...Is it just me that finds this really strange? I would think that being scratched would wake this guy up (literally). You'd think he'd be at the arena with the team, especially 30 minutes before the game. I have to wonder what the other healthy scratches were doing, or where they were...I was always under the impression that you are in the press box when you're scratched.

Is this a new team policy? I still can't understand it...Even if Martin told him he could stay in his hotel room, you'd think Latendresse would be showing some initiative or something.

Poor guy...Must have been exhausted from all that hard work on the ice he's been doing as of late.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Yeah, I found it weird also. At least Ryder showed up to the arena to make his paper airplanes, and he was a pending UFA that clearly wasn't re-signing.

What a joke this guy has been. Hasn't gotten a clue in 4 years.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:00 AM

I heard Latendresse himself say this, I did find it strange...I found it very peculiar that he would himself go out and say he was asleep 1hour & 30mins before the game...but then again, this is a guy who when he was asked what cartoon character he'd be for some video on the Habs website, he answered Winnie the Pooh

Old
11-16-2009, 08:01 AM
PunkinDrublic*

There is something wrong with this. The alot of the players think they are kings and don't really give a **** !

Old
11-16-2009, 08:01 AM
TankEller*

He didn't miss the bus though, so he's ok.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I heard Latendresse himself say this, I did find it strange...I found it very peculiar that he would himself go out and say he was asleep 1hour & 30mins before the game...but then again, this is a guy who when he was asked what cartoon character he'd be for some video on the Habs website, he answered Winnie the Pooh
The game was at 7 PM. We're talking Central time, not Eastern time. So it's 30 minutes before the game.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:02 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
This was 6:30 Nashville time...So 30 minutes before the game.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:06 AM
GoodKiwi

Let me ask you all this - WTF is a 22 year old doing sleeping at 6:30PM? Game or no game...

Old
11-16-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
This was 6:30 Nashville time...So 30 minutes before the game.
Even worse...

Old
11-16-2009, 08:10 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
WTF indeed. I would be at the arena doing my best to show that I want to be back in the lineup....wow. Maybe he had one to many Big Macs and needed a siesta?

Old
11-16-2009, 08:11 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Let me ask you all this - WTF is a 22 year old doing sleeping at 6:30PM? Game or no game...
Resting afetr a big meal ?

Quote:
Even worse...
Yeah, he admitted it himself that he was woken 30 minutes before the game started!

Old
11-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Le Maroons

Isn't there a pre-game skate 30 minutes before a game? Hopefully he is scratched for the next few games.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:16 AM
David_99

Was he under the weather at all?

Old
11-16-2009, 08:16 AM
llamateizer

he said himself that he wouldve joined the team(pressbox) during the game.

but its weird that he was sleeping

Old
11-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Pascal

Lats is probably acting like a baby because Le Superstar got benched. He's a kid on the ice and off it..

Old
11-16-2009, 08:20 AM
WestIslander

Quote:
I heard this on the radio this morning on the way to work...Hadn't seen anything about this before.

Latendresse was supposed to be scratched Saturday, but ended up playing since Gionta wasn't able to go. When he got the call to play, he was in his hotel room...Apparently sleeping, according to Latendresse himself. At 6:30, 30 minutes before the game.

Now, I dunno...Is it just me that finds this really strange? I would think that being scratched would wake this guy up (literally). You'd think he'd be at the arena with the team, especially 30 minutes before the game. I have to wonder what the other healthy scratches were doing, or where they were...I was always under the impression that you are in the press box when you're scratched.

Is this a new team policy? I still can't understand it...Even if Martin told him he could stay in his hotel room, you'd think Latendresse would be showing some initiative or something.

Poor guy...Must have been exhausted from all that hard work on the ice he's been doing as of late.
I just want to see this guy benched game after game until he starts playing like he is supposed to, like he plays in every training camp (Mr. September).

I want Jacques Martin to shut certain media types in this city up so they realize that he is never ever going to be a top six player in this league, not even in Carolina or Phoenix.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I just want to see this guy benched game after game until he starts playing like he is supposed to, like he plays in every training camp (Mr. September).

I want Jacques Martin to shut certain media types in this city up so they realize that he is never ever going to be a top six player in this league, not even in Carolina or Phoenix.

That's awesome. Not even Mr. October.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Santino

....and russians are lazy

Old
11-16-2009, 08:33 AM
MicroFracture

He probably was tired after that Dieu Merci performance.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:33 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
....and russians are lazy
His grandpa's name was really Latendrovsky.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

whoooooooooooo cares

more sensationalist bs. I dont care if he sleeps in the lockeroom 10 mins before the game, or he gets up at 7am and prepares. What does it matter to anyone? The guy is playing like crap regardless. The question is, would we care when he slept if he had 10 goals this year?
It seems like in the past 3-4 years people seem to just nit pick at people`s off ice issues, as if we dont have enough on ice problems.

Did you hear Metropolit likes to put honey in his tea?? OMG!

Old
11-16-2009, 08:37 AM
CrisisInMTL

Quote:
but then again, this is a guy who when he was asked what cartoon character he'd be for some video on the Habs website, he answered Winnie the Pooh

Old
11-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

They mentionned something during the broadcast that he is battling the flu and was questionable to play...at least that's how I understood it.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:39 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

This is soooooo true. I remember 3 or maybe 4 years ago wen he didn't make the team. He was skating pretty or not but he was. He was hustling out there. Same goes for the year he made it. He give me the impression that he was gonna be a hard checking player with a touch around the net.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
whoooooooooooo cares

more sensationalist bs. I dont care if he sleeps in the lockeroom 10 mins before the game, or he gets up at 7am and prepares. What does it matter to anyone? The guy is playing like crap regardless. The question is, would we care when he slept if he had 10 goals this year?
It seems like in the past 3-4 years people seem to just nit pick at people`s off ice issues, as if we dont have enough on ice problems.

Did you hear Metropolit likes to put honey in his tea?? OMG!
He wouldn't be scratched.

He isn't doing anything to make it seem like he cares about his on-ice performances. That's the issue.

Closed Thread