HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

One theory on the lack of scoring

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Sting

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sting
One theory on the lack of scoring

The first game was wide open. 4-2 game...Ottawa had no problems getting good chances. After the first game, the Leafs were frustrated and numerous players said they're going to alter their playing style a bit to the way the refs are calling things. Game 2...the grabbing, clutching, hooking, and interference begin. Very few calls are made, even though there were clearly 5+ interference incidents. Game 3...yet again, the grabbing and clutching goes on in the Leafs zone. Shutout #2. If you'll notice, all of our shots were basically from the perimetere on Belfour. I never thought he was all that spectacular..he saw everything because we simply couldn't move much to create chances.

So what now? I'd like to think that the Sens will start doing it too, or these things will be called. I see interference ALL over the place..particularly going into the Leafs zone, which is why we can't get quality chances. Or maybe the refs will start calling them? Yeah, right.

Anyways this is just one theory...I'm sure a billion Leaf fans will begin to reply calling me a "sore loser" or something else rediculous so they can feel better about themselves. At that point I'll report them, because as we all know, this is a Sens board.

Old
04-13-2004, 07:20 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
The first game was wide open. 4-2 game...Ottawa had no problems getting good chances. After the first game, the Leafs were frustrated and numerous players said they're going to alter their playing style a bit to the way the refs are calling things. Game 2...the grabbing, clutching, hooking, and interference begin. Very few calls are made, even though there were clearly 5+ interference incidents. Game 3...yet again, the grabbing and clutching goes on in the Leafs zone. Shutout #2. If you'll notice, all of our shots were basically from the perimetere on Belfour. I never thought he was all that spectacular..he saw everything because we simply couldn't move much to create chances.

So what now? I'd like to think that the Sens will start doing it too, or these things will be called. I see interference ALL over the place..particularly going into the Leafs zone, which is why we can't get quality chances. Or maybe the refs will start calling them? Yeah, right.

Anyways this is just one theory...I'm sure a billion Leaf fans will begin to reply calling me a "sore loser" or something else rediculous so they can feel better about themselves. At that point I'll report them, because as we all know, this is a Sens board.
Report us oh I feel like im back in kindergarten :lol .This even baits us even more if anyone should be reported it's you how many times have you been on the leafs board lately?

Last edited by ATG: 04-13-2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old
04-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
Report us oh I feel like im back in kindergarten :lol .This even baits us even more if anone should be reported it's you how many times have you been on the leafs board lately?
I'd say, once in the past week..twice perhaps. Nothing offensive, but by all means, try reporting me. If I bait you, great, I'd love nothing more than to see a guy like you banned.

Old
04-13-2004, 07:26 PM
rye&ginger

I did think the Leafs got away with a few interference things.

I remember Spezza going in for a dumpin on a PP, but he was interfered/obstructed so it went for an icing instead.

Its mostly Belfour doing it though. The Leafs are clearing rebounds pretty well, but the rest of the defensive game is not that solid.

Old
04-13-2004, 07:33 PM
WildWestSen

I tend to agree about the interference. Games 2 and 3 have definitely been called a lot more loosely that game 1 in terms of the clutch and grab and it definitely has an effect on our speedy forwards. That being said, we're going to have to find a way to win anyways, not matter how the refs call the future games. A guy like Havlat is definitely not as effective under this system, so the bigger guys have to step up and make room for their counterparts.

Old
04-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Raging Bull

The officiating has been the way it should be. Both teams get away with running a little interference, but when they do it right in front of the officials there is going to be a call. I hope we can limit the powerplays per team to around 3-4 for the rest of the series.

Last game: Power-play Conversions: TOR - 0 of 4, OTT - 0 of 3.

Seems like they are calling it quite even. Toronto was just shutting down your powerplay, IMO you guys played alot better 5 on 5, and our penalty kill was just in full effect.

Last edited by Raging Bull: 04-13-2004 at 07:37 PM.
Old
04-13-2004, 07:42 PM
WildWestSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
The officiating has been the way it should be.
I can't blame you for feeling that way, as this style obviously favours your team. Ideally i don't want to see the game bogged down by penalties either. Just a couple early to set the bar.

Our PP's in the first period last game took the wind out of our sails; the complete opposite of what should happen. A penalty-free game without clutch-and-grab definitely favours the Sens over the Leafs at this point.

Old
04-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Zoo

Has Bondra lost his trigger finger or what, that dude used to shot every time he gets in the offensive zone.

Start shooting the puck Bondra !!

Old
04-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Kemosabe

Quote:
I'd say, once in the past week..twice perhaps. Nothing offensive, but by all means, try reporting me. If I bait you, great, I'd love nothing more than to see a guy like you banned.
This is sooo juvenile...hey junior, I think you need to sit in the corner for the rest of recess.

Old
04-13-2004, 08:17 PM
ATG

Quote:
You got some balls buddy for a guy that that has no sens playoff avatar and who probably doesn't even know how to get an avatar.It's ********** like you who think that everything you say is correct and if anyone disputes it their wrong which is why leaf fans can't disagree with your posts because your going to have them banned.Ok junior who made you king around here im sure the mods will have a huge amount of respect for a dude with all of 600 posts most of them baiting posts like this thread which would have been decent if not for your final baiting paragraph

Last edited by discostu: 04-14-2004 at 08:16 AM. Reason: circumvention of obscenity filter
Old
04-13-2004, 08:39 PM
WildWestSen

Quote:
You got some balls buddy for a guy that that has no sens playoff avatar and who probably doesn't even know how to get an avatar.It's smarta@@es like you who think that everything you say is correct and if anyone disputes it their wrong which is why leaf fans can't disagree with your posts because your going to have them banned.Ok junior who made you king around here im sure the mods will have a huge amount of respect for a dude with all of 600 posts most of them baiting posts like this thread which would have been decent if not for your final baiting paragraph
^ This is just what he's referring to. It's very frustrating on our board. I said it all here last night when i was upset about the game day thread trash:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=70243

Old
04-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Sting

Quote:
You got some balls buddy for a guy that that has no sens playoff avatar and who probably doesn't even know how to get an avatar.It's smarta@@es like you who think that everything you say is correct and if anyone disputes it their wrong which is why leaf fans can't disagree with your posts because your going to have them banned.Ok junior who made you king around here im sure the mods will have a huge amount of respect for a dude with all of 600 posts most of them baiting posts like this thread which would have been decent if not for your final baiting paragraph
Who's the junior when you go saying things like that? I don't think you deserve much of a response.

Oh, and I can get a normal avatar, just not an animated as my comp won't save .gifs. Big deal..is that supposed to be an insult? lol.

Last edited by Sting: 04-13-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Old
04-13-2004, 08:50 PM
ATG

Quote:
Who's the junior when you go saying things like that? I don't think you deserve much of a response.

Oh, and I can get a normal avatar, just not an animated as my comp won't save .gifs. I don't remember who mentioned that, nor do I really care, but that was a lame attempt of a flame.
That wasn't meant to be a flame because believe me if I wanted to flame you I would flame you royally.Im just strictly saying that if you would not have written that last paragraph their would be no problem as some of your views had insight but trying to forbide leaf fans from disagreeing with you by threatening to report them to get banned is wrong

Old
04-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Sting

Quote:
That wasn't meant to be a flame because believe me if I wanted to flame you I would flame you royally.Im just strictly saying that if you would not have written that last paragraph their would be no problem as some of your views had insight but trying to forbide leaf fans from disagreeing with you by threatening to report them to get banned is wrong
You could say I've been a little pissed off lately at all the Leaf fans coming over year taking cheapshots and stirring things up on more than one occasion. For that reason I included it. Like I said, this is the Sens board...not the Leafs.

Old
04-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Kemosabe

Quote:
You could say I've been a little pissed off lately at all the Leaf fans coming over year taking cheapshots and stirring things up on more than one occasion. For that reason I included it. Like I said, this is the Sens board...not the Leafs.
Oh man... I'm on the wrong board, with all the happy leafs fans here I was sure it was the buds board.

Old
04-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
You take the boards too seriously man. It's a public site, we are aloud to post wherever we want to.

Old
04-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Kemosabe

<-------- come on do I look like a troll to you??

jus' kiddin'

Old
04-13-2004, 09:13 PM
littleHossa

Considering you joined in March 2004, just in time for the playoff bashing, yes

Old
04-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Kemosabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleHossa
Considering you joined in March 2004, just in time for the playoff bashing, yes
Looks like you joined just in time last year junior...

Old
04-14-2004, 12:10 AM
littleHossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosabe
Looks like you joined just in time last year junior...
Hey, at least I have a low post total, I was merely browsing the forums and sometimes replying, not trolling.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:54 AM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
Last game: Power-play Conversions: TOR - 0 of 4, OTT - 0 of 3.

Seems like they are calling it quite even.
You cant look at the PP chances, and because they are near even assume the game was called properly. Sometimes one team breaks more rules than the other one. A radio show host does that here and it drives me insane.

Old
04-14-2004, 08:15 AM
discostu

This thread has deviated from any substantial hockey talk, so I'm closing it down. Everyone is welcome to post wherever they wish, but they must remember and respect the rules, which includes not posting anything with the sole intent of infuriating others.

Closed Thread