HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

JDD/Brodziak Contract Update

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 02:13 PM
barto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
i dont see the big deal with JDD, pay him the max....... he'll be in the AHL for at least 2 years anyhow, so the oil wont really have to pay him very much..... just make sure you dont get screwed on a signing bonus and we're doing just fine...... and if he happens to make the team after just one year in the AHL, well thats just a good situation all around and i dont think lowe would mind paying him to mature that quickly
That's all well and good, except that JDD's agent knows all this, too, so I'd bet a fair amount that any holdup is from JDD wanting a big signing bonus to compensate for his (likely) AHL salary for the next 3 years or whatever it is. And Lowe will be reluctant to pay it since it's no sure thing that JDD will do well in the AHL or NHL.

I'd say JDD is in a tougher bargaining position by possibly re-entering the draft (and maybe getting drafted even lower) and really being at the mercy of the team who drafts him giving him any kind of decent money, as by the time he could re-enter the draft for the 3rd time, he's *screwed*. Lowe has other options, like trading for goalie prospects, drafting more goalies, etc. - certainly not ideal, but definite possibilities. I'm sure Lowe would rather not have to do that, and it seems to be in the best interests of BOTH parties to work out a deal, so we'll see who blinks first...

Bart

Old
04-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Hemsky4PM

What did Stoll get as a signing bonus? I seem to remember it being more than 500K and that's for a 3rd liner. A future No.1 goalie would have to be more. He'll get signed no problem if you ask me. Guys like LeNevue and Emery are good water marks for Delauriers. Dipietro, Fleury, Luongo and even Cam Ward aren't in the vicinity.

Old
04-14-2004, 03:29 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

hello everybody, been awhile since i last posted, damn computer went to crap on me. had to get an ibm, really hard to find the parts and expensive to get them directly from ibm.
anyhou, hopefully deslauriers will be signed soon, i really wonder if he can become that number one goaltender for us.

Closed Thread