HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JC Lajoie Plagiarism

Old
11-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Blame Subban
Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
JC Lajoie Plagiarism

I don't know if there already is a topic for this but...

http://sportnographe.radio-canada.ca...aire-7897.html

Basically, he literally ripped off the back of a book, said it on air in the morning and gave no credit whatsoever.

http://ruefrontenac.com/mleclerc/137...-et-le-plagiat

When people called him out, this is what he said :

Quote:
«Là, j’arrive en ondes avec vous autres hier matin. J’commence à parler ad lib avec vous autres de ça. J’embusque une partie de l’essai de Jean-Michel De Waele et Alexandre Husting et ce que je n’ai pas fait, je n’ai pas donné le crédit à De Waele et Husting. Alors, il n’en fallait pas plus pour que certains de la go-gauche, qui je présume se caressent en lisant du Jean-Paul Sartre et ne lui donnent pas le crédit une fois qu’ils se sont essuyés… alors, ils se sont emballés avec ça.»
Basically he said that the people who called him out are fake leftist who caress themselves reading Jean-Paul Sartre books. This guy is a total tool.

You can hear the audio by clicking on the first link, and you have the text from the book just under.

Blame Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:44 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

you've got to read the martin leclerc article on him (see link in 1st post) basically call J-C a moron lol

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Oh wow...

How professional does the medias look now. The worst is, Lajoie is probably gonna get away with it just fine. To me, the worse part isn't even the plagiarism, it's his comments afterward. Pure ignorance and stupidity.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Jigger77

Yup. At least if you get busted for that man up and fess up. His reaction says a lot (or doesn't say much rather) about the guy's character. He was up against the ropes and retaliated with some sort of rediculous name calling tirade. I know as soon as I hear the guy come on the air on CKAC I either switch back to 990 or turn off the radio. This will only reinforce that.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:59 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriscomikCammagiomez View Post
I don't know if there already is a topic for this but...

http://sportnographe.radio-canada.ca...aire-7897.html

Basically, he literally ripped off the back of a book, said it on air in the morning and gave no credit whatsoever.

http://ruefrontenac.com/mleclerc/137...-et-le-plagiat

When people called him out, this is what he said :

Basically he said that the people who called him out are fake leftist who caress themselves reading Jean-Paul Sartre books. This guy is a total tool.

You can hear the audio by clicking on the first link, and you have the text from the book just under.
pretty lame indeed ...

but for him to omit the authors is something that ``can`` happen ... it is wrong ... and its great to see him getting caught , but im sure those things happen everyday, and not only on CKAC ... if you hate the guy, its a good cookie, but if you don`t care, its worthless.

I was more concerned by his response... la gogauche ... the lack of respect for left oriented thinkers, and citizens here is just retarded. Its castro`s fault if youre a moron.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yup. At least if you get busted for that man up and fess up. His reaction says a lot (or doesn't say much rather) about the guy's character. He was up against the ropes and retaliated with some sort of rediculous name calling tirade. I know as soon as I hear the guy come on the air on CKAC I either switch back to 990 or turn off the radio. This will only reinforce that.
??? Me oh my, what a revolutionnary concept.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:23 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
??? Me oh my, what a revolutionnary concept.
This one could be intersting. The local journalistic community, as I understand it, isn't fond of this guy, and moreso, how he came to get work in the field.

Leclerc's article had some bite to it, telling him how real journalists act.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
This one could be intersting. The local journalistic community, as I understand it, isn't fond of this guy, and moreso, how he came to get work in the field.

You think that ground-breaking "turn the radio off" thing could actually work? Call me crazy, I think it could.

Old
11-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:

As much as I think JC is tool, Leclerc and well as other sports "journalists" shoud be careful throwing rocks in their glass house of "journalism"....

The pie is small, and the old timers who used to be the only people at the table are upset with the new comers who have pulled up a chair. Bertrand Raymond has made similar comments too.

All of them should be held up to higher scrutiny. All of them.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:38 PM
mcphee

Quote:
You think that ground-breaking "turn the radio off" thing could actually work? Call me crazy, I think it could.
It could, but you aren't getting the big picture, obviously. I'm surprised at you.

Old
11-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Joe Cole

BTW, regarding Leclerc's article.... did he publicly call out the other journalist who did not attend the British Open, but wrote about it?

No?

Is that a double standard?

...yes.

Still prefer him to JC by a country mile.

Old
11-16-2009, 02:42 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
As much as I think JC is tool, Leclerc and well as other sports "journalists" shoud be careful throwing rocks in their glass house of "journalism"....

The pie is small, and the old timers who used to be the only people at the table are upset with the new comers who have pulled up a chair. Bertrand Raymond has made similar comments too.

I think that there's a healthy dose of resentment at this guy's path to a public forum. The community that he works in has to resent him, it's human nature.

You can hold up a lot of mirrors though. The anecdote Leclerc mentions is one that I've heard describing a certain Gaz. columnist whom we've discussed before.

Old
11-16-2009, 02:45 PM
JFrankel

Quote:
This whole turning the radio off idea works well to protect my own ears and sanity, but not much to protect the intellectual property of others.

JFrankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
It could, but you aren't getting the big picture, obviously. I'm surprised at you.
Big picture or not, I'll tell you if this catches on, those media types are in deep trouble. Imagine if people find out they can just stop watching/reading/listening to crap, things will change. I know, it's just a dream, but then, so are the playoffs.

As for the big picture, I don't get it, my TV's just a 20 inch.

Old
11-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrankel View Post
This whole turning the radio off idea works well to protect my own ears and sanity, but not much to protect the intellectual property of others.
If JC bellows into a microphone, but no one is listening, does he still make a sound?

Old
11-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Santino

Quote:
If JC bellows into a microphone, but no one is listening, does he still make a sound?
a sound and a stink as well!

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 03:04 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Big picture or not, I'll tell you if this catches on, those media types are in deep trouble. Imagine if people find out they can just stop watching/reading/listening to crap, things will change. I know, it's just a dream, but then, so are the playoffs.

As for the big picture, I don't get it, my TV's just a 20 inch.
Some of this depends on whether the voices in my head match those on the radio.

Old
11-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
I think that there's a healthy dose of resentment at this guy's path to a public forum. The community that he works in has to resent him, it's human nature.

You can hold up a lot of mirrors though. The anecdote Leclerc mentions is one that I've heard describing a certain Gaz. columnist whom we've discussed before.
The Gazette is not immune that's for sure. Everytime I hear Pat Hickey fumble through an interview on Team 990, I am embarrassed for him. To be as unprepared as him... it is a crying shame.

The hockey coverage in that paper have seen better days.

That said, the hypocrisy of Leclerc not saying who the "legitimate journalist" that was faking his way through a job, verus calling out Lajoie is telling of many things.

90% of them suck. Some suck with nicer words. Some suck with more slaps on the back from their fellow suckers. But the day where they actually try to be complete and analytical versus just selling ad space with half truths and “controversial” remarks.... we will all be dead and buried.

Old
11-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Lajoie View Post
...Alors, il n’en fallait pas plus pour que certains de la go-gauche, qui je présume se caressent en lisant du Jean-Paul Sartre et ne lui donnent pas le crédit une fois qu’ils se sont essuyés… alors, ils se sont emballés avec ça.»
LOL that is hilarious, what a great burn.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

who were the nerds that recognized something from the back of a book?

not that i give a **** about how dumb or smart or who he is...

...stop snitching.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post

...stop snitching.
You keep it real, gangsta. In the meanwhile, people do what they can to remove scum like this guy from the media.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Jigger77

Quote:

...stop snitching.
Yeah man, you have to hate those smart people who read and make sure people are given credit for their own work and everything.

Old
11-16-2009, 04:31 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

meh, one way or another everything comes from somewhere else. citing people is just being nice about it.
but i'm alright with gettting rid of media scum i guess.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
meh, one way or another everything comes from somewhere else. citing people is just being nice about it.
but i'm alright with gettting rid of media scum i guess.
Actually it isn't. It's an obligation by law.

Old
11-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

You can like a journalist or not. You can agree with is views or opinions, or not.
You can like their style or not.
Bad coverage or information is quite unprofessional, but will still be accepted. A loss of popularity will arise from that and that'll be the consequence.

Plagiarism should never be allowed if you're a company that has any principles.

Even making up a rumor is more acceptable because anybody can claim to have a ''source''.
If you do some plagiarism, you better not get caught.

JC Lajoie did. His response is one of a desperate man grasping at straws. It was pathetic.
A simple apology would have done it, but right now, I can only wish for him to lose his job.

I always thought this guy never had any business talking sports, and right now, he has no business being in the media.

It really doesn't matter that others better watch out. You get caught, you must face the consequences. Simple.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote