Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Peter Forsberg and Markus Naslund play for MoDo watch

Old
11-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
naslund retired... i think if he came back to the NHL he'd still owe the rangers a year.
I do not believe so. Since he was not paid the year just expires and he would be UFA.

There are rules for players who have unfinished contract years on an ELC.

9.1(d)(iii)
Quote:
In the event a Player ceases to render his playing services called for under his SPC (except as a result of injury, illness or disability) during such period that he is in the Entry Level System, then during such non-playing period, the Player's number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for a period equal to the remaining unfulfilled portion of his SPC.
There is no corresponding provision for contracts beyond the ELC system.

In the Yashin contract arbitration when he held out on Ottawa it was determined that he owed the Sens a year on his deal. However that decision was prior to the new CBA and new free agency rules and did not involve a retired player.

My best guess would be that if Naslund returned next season, he would be a UFA.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
If by several you mean one, yes he made several comebacks.
Pretty sure he had 2 major combacks, and several minor if you count him setting alot of games out.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:11 PM
vadim sharifijanov
#bryantreevesbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
I do not believe so. Since he was not paid the year just expires and he would be UFA.

There are rules for players who have unfinished contract years on an ELC.

9.1(d)(iii)

There is no corresponding provision for contracts beyond the ELC system.

In the Yashin contract arbitration when he held out on Ottawa it was determined that he owed the Sens a year on his deal. However that decision was prior to the new CBA and new free agency rules and did not involve a retired player.

My best guess would be that if Naslund returned next season, he would be a UFA.
i'll defer to WC on this one, but would add that, even if naslund still owed the rangers a year, i'm pretty sure they would rather buy out that year than have him back at that price.

is nik sundstrom still with modo? it would be fun to see those three together again.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Indeed. Wouldn't want to tax the sensibilities of "hockey fans" who do not appreciate future hockey Hall of Famers skating in the NHL.

No, instead we need more 18 year olds in the Show.
I repsect your opionion Trottier, but what if he gets hurt and he can't walk again this time. I like hockey, but I think forsberg being able to walk when his kids get older is more important IMO.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Macke*

Foppa has kids?

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Thank goodness, Peter. Stay in Sweden for a year and prove to yourself that you can play without wasting anyone's time and money over here. Should have done this a couple years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Didn't Lemieux make several comebacks, I didn't hear anyone complain then.
Lemieux didn't hang teams (he was only ever going to play for Pittsburgh anyways) on edge waiting with veiled indecision. Lemieux also decided that he was 100% healthy when he made his comeback in 2001, he jumped back on the ice and within about 2 weeks I think it was, was ready to go.

He didn't do what guys are doing today where they wait around half the season trying to figure out of they feel like they want to play (Niedermayer), wait to see who contenders are (Sundin), or go to 700 doctors without a conclusive strategy on how to handle THE SAME injury, and run through the song and dance once a month (Forsberg). He didn't hold the Penguins hostage, although granted, it was their teams' fault, and there was no salary cap to work around back then.

And in 2006, when Lemieux knew it was over, it was over. It was probably over in 2004 for him, but he had the luxury of the lockout to try and stick it out another season or two, and decided he couldn't do it and didn't waste his team's, his teammatess, or anyone else's time, energy, and aggravation.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post
RangerBoy-

Markus Naslund convinced him to stay in Sweden. I saw a video on HNIC of PJ Stock traveling in Europe with some of former NHL players as part of some NHLPA tour.Stock was talking with Naslund and who was standing next to Naslund? Peter Forsberg.

I didn't see that video =(
Indeed, PJ Stock broke this one on Saturday night during the bit about travelling around to grass roots organizations giving out hockey gear to minor hockey teams (Saturday was Sweden). He basically said that Naslund convinced him to join him (on Modo, I guess) for a year to test out his foot before evaluating his chances of an NHL return.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
NHL comeback dead.

http://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph

# Mike Gillis just said that Peter Forsberg informed him that he plans to stay in Sweden this season instead of retuning to NHL. 12 minutes ago from UberTwitter
LMAO. "NHL comeback dead"? Is Mike Gillis foppas new agent?

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindrosfan88 View Post
I repsect your opionion Trottier, but what if he gets hurt and he can't walk again this time. I like hockey, but I think forsberg being able to walk when his kids get older is more important IMO.
Forsbergs a warrior. Your gonna have to kill him to get him off the ice. If hes still functioning he WILL play and I as a hockey fan would love for him to be back in the NHL.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Adam91

How can you compare Forsberg to Favre?

Forsberg has battled an encyclopedia of injuries and every year tries to somehow get a little more out of his body. The foot and ankle injuries he has incurred alone would stop alot of people from even walking.

Favre is nothing more then an attention ***** who hasn't won a championship in years.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Anonymous User

Naslund to come out of retirement and play in Modo with Forsberg.

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

Anonymous User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Macke*

Oh hells yes.

Macke- Foppa- Sundstrom

Team Sweden's 2010 first line.

Old
11-17-2009, 01:34 AM
timmeh

Foppa just killed his own career right there. I really hope I dont get to see him on the olympics. There's other centermen, better ones that don't fool around in this joke of a league called Elitserien.

Shame on you, Peter

timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 05:06 AM
Neblod Zin

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmeh View Post
Foppa just killed his own career right there. I really hope I dont get to see him on the olympics. There's other centermen, better ones that don't fool around in this joke of a league called Elitserien.

Shame on you, Peter
No! This is good for Peter! He has finally chance to try to capture Elitserien championship - the one he still lacks for. It's not a shame at all. He'll be a great mentor to younger players in Elitserien. Remember, that he's achieved everything possible in the NHL, and at his current state it's better for him to settle down a bit with decreased pressure playing in the Sweden, and see if he still has what it takes to play a full season.

Neblod Zin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 06:03 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Watcher View Post
Naslund to come out of retirement and play in Modo with Forsberg.

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger
Awesome for Modo, no matter how they play, it will be full house home aswell as away as long as they play.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Nordic*

Forsberg just had the primary assist on Modos first goal, they're up 1-0 against Brynas (Markstrom).

And for fans of Edmonton, Lander scored the first goal for Timra, they're up 2-1 against Sodertalje.

Last edited by Nordic*: 11-17-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old
11-17-2009, 01:03 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Forsbergs feet are probably mechanical now

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:11 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Forsberg just had the primary assist on Modos first goal, they're up 1-0 against Brynas (Markstrom).

And for fans of Edmonton, Lander scored the first goal for Timra, they're up 2-1 against Sodertalje.
Make that 3 primary assists for Foppa, 4-0 halfway through the game.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Roland of Gilead
The Gunslinger

vCash: 580
Forsbergs body wouldn´t last a game at NHL because all of that physical play. Thats why hes playing at Sweden this season, he wants to go to olympics. NHL isnt a realistic option. Or does somebody really think that he could play at NHL without lots of injuries?

Roland of Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:21 PM
DowJones

Its absolutely awesome that Forsberg is back again, and with 3 points in the first game. Despite what all the haters say, I think Forsberg should have tons of cred for not giving up.

DowJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Gilead View Post
Forsbergs body wouldn´t last a game at NHL because all of that physical play. Thats why hes playing at Sweden this season, he wants to go to olympics. NHL isnt a realistic option. Or does somebody really think that he could play at NHL without lots of injuries?
Yes. It all comes down to his foot. If the foot holds up, then he should not have any groin problems. And then, he should be 100% (or as close as he can be at this stage of his career & life). It all boils down to the mysterious foot problem, and so far so good.

If the foot holds up this season, I doubt anything would stop him from playing in the NHL next season.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Macke*

Damn where can I watch SEL games online?

Damnit

Old
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Gilead View Post
I dunno what connection physical play has to do with his foot though? Maybe the amount of games over the span of a season, otherwise I don't see the difference between playing in a bush league or NHL when it comes to his foot.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Nordic*

He's apparently getting a little pissed, he got hit by a junior who gave him some lip, now Foppa got called for charging, haha...

Quote:
Damn where can I watch SEL games online?

Damnit
No way to see the SEL online for free, don't know why.

Old
11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Macke*

I'll pay to watch