HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Franson

Old
11-16-2009, 04:33 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Franson

Anybody else extremely happy with his play?? I think he has earned a permanent spot on the preds now.

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I concur.

Lately, our 2nd PP unit with Franson and Bouillon on the points has looked better than our first unit.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:35 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
I am PERFECTLY happy with all of our d-pairings right now... They all seem to fit and compliment each other very, very well.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 09:10 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'll eat crow on Franson. I saw him play in Milwaukee on a few occasions and came away disappointed, and he was underwhelming in camp. He's been great since getting called up. Maybe he has a healthy fear of taking the risks that burned him in the AHL. I wish he were a bit faster, and he can sometimes go fishing man to man, but overall he's done well, and I agree that the defensive pairing on the PP looks more creative than the first unit's.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
predfan24

His skating is awful for an NHL D-man but he seems to be a very smart player. As long as he doesn't try to become a roving D-man he should be fine. He's been good with Hammer and Klein and Boullion play well together. Splitting up Hammer and Klein have been the best thing that has happened to our D this year.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Webersmashpuck

So far from what Ive seen from Franson is that he plays the same game as Zidlicky did except he is not on the top pairing expected to shut down players. With that said Franson's defense has surprised me, he has had some brain farts but has done nothing to make me believe he is not an NHL defenseman.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 05:03 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
His skating is awful for an NHL D-man but he seems to be a very smart player. As long as he doesn't try to become a roving D-man he should be fine.
Franson struggles with skating speed, but I think his mobility isn't that bad in smaller areas. As you say, as long as he picks his spots carefully and doesn't suddenly decide to jump up ice on every rush, then I think he will be successful...

Quote:
He's been good with Hammer and Klein and Boullion play well together. Splitting up Hammer and Klein have been the best thing that has happened to our D this year.
Much like Bouillon gives Klein a veteran partner to settle things down and work with out on the ice, Hamhuis does the same for Franson and it has definitely shown to be a big boost to the club. The best thing to happen to our D though so far this season still remains Poile signing Bouillon...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 06:15 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

He still can't skate, and I do think that will ultimately hold him back, but his offensive game is starting to shine through and will likely keep him afloat at this level. I just can't see a coach giving him more than 15-18 minutes a night when everyone is healthy and the team only gets 2-3 power plays.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 04:34 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He still can't skate, and I do think that will ultimately hold him back, but his offensive game is starting to shine through and will likely keep him afloat at this level. I just can't see a coach giving him more than 15-18 minutes a night when everyone is healthy and the team only gets 2-3 power plays.
speed, mobility, both?

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 10:35 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
speed, mobility, both?
Both, but an emphasis on speed. I've seen analog modems faster than Franson.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:54 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Both, but an emphasis on speed. I've seen analog modems faster than Franson.
For a guy of his size, he is not terribly slow. He is just adjusting to the NHL game and I believe in time he will be a big time keeper.

Anyone knocking him now (after 19 games in NHL), is ridiculous.

Colin Wilson is not scoring 30 goals a season yet, I guess he never will either eh...

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Yeah, some people here are definitely exaggerating his skating flaws. As long as he doesn't get caught flat footed (which is going to happen from time to time), he will be fine. There are plenty of solid Dmen in the league that don't skate well. I think we are just spoiled with watching Suter, Weber, and Hamhuis.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Webersmashpuck

Franson found a way to get around the skating against Florida, he was always playing the body and was putting some good hits on the Panthers. He didn't get beat once that game and looked good defensively. Not just average but actually a good defensive player.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Federko

I watched Franson come up in the WHL with the Vancouver Giants and new right away he was going to be something special. Preds management should be looking to lock him up for a long time.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote