HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How long before Cogliano asks for a trade?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2009, 02:19 PM
  #76
foshizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil country 83 View Post
I like the idea of packaging Gilbert & cog's if you can get something in return. Everyone talks about horton but what about a guy like travis zajac in new jersey or dubinsky.
So you want players with worse or similar numbers as Cogliano with more years in the NHL. So a trade just for the sake of a trade.

foshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 02:54 PM
  #77
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle View Post
Wow, you really have a short memory. You do recall the fans chasing away guys like Arnott, Poti, Cleary etc?
IMO those were different situations...in those cases the fans were directly keying on the individual player, and occasionally even booing them when they touched the puck. My memory may be short, but it's long enough to remember that much.

And let's be fair here, in each of those cases there was much more going on than fan disenchantment.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 03:31 PM
  #78
foshizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
IMO those were different situations...in those cases the fans were directly keying on the individual player, and occasionally even booing them when they touched the puck. My memory may be short, but it's long enough to remember that much.

And let's be fair here, in each of those cases there was much more going on than fan disenchantment.
Doesn't matter what the situation was. Fans didn't want them, showed their displeasure, management had to move them.

foshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:06 PM
  #79
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle View Post
Doesn't matter what the situation was. Fans didn't want them, showed their displeasure, management had to move them.
Management moved them because they either underperformed for whatever reason (in Arnott's case there was a specific off ice issue that was negatively affecting him, among other things) or there were underlying contract issues, and the team wanted to move on. The fans were disenchanted with them, sure...but then you have to ask why they were disenchanted. It's not as black and white as you're portraying it to be.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 06:02 PM
  #80
North
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 500
I do think Cogliano could be useful, but not on this team. He finds himself on the fourth line because he only competes and works hard every three or four games. I've watched him lots and he is a very frustrating player. If you can get something useful for him and Gilbert, you do it.

If Cogliano was better than mediocre he'd be in Gagner's spot right now and not watching the play die with Moreau.


Last edited by North: 11-18-2009 at 06:10 PM.
North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
  #81
Tommy35
Registered User
 
Tommy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
I do think Cogliano could be useful, but not on this team. He finds himself on the fourth line because he only competes and works hard every three or four games. I've watched him lots and he is a very frustrating player. If you can get something useful for him and Gilbert, you do it.

If Cogliano was better than mediocre he'd be in Gagner's spot right now and not watching the play die with Moreau.
How have players like Gagner and O'Sullivan, to name a few, earned to play ahead Cogs?

Tommy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 07:07 PM
  #82
HockeyGM82
 
HockeyGM82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Cogliano, next to Reddox, hustles his a** out there. I'd love to see him moved up for a game.

HockeyGM82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 07:19 PM
  #83
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,421
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGM82 View Post
Cogliano, next to Reddox, hustles his a** out there. I'd love to see him moved up for a game.
Me too. He deserves it. I also hope Reddox sticks with the big team. He also deserves it.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 08:08 PM
  #84
North
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy35 View Post
How have players like Gagner and O'Sullivan, to name a few, earned to play ahead Cogs?
O'Sullivan is fine away from the puck. He is snake bitten right now but more often than not he is creating something.

Gagner will win board battles, Cogliano rarely does. Gagner has worked on his defense and it is showing.

Cogliano needs to get stronger, he hasn't done that and until he starts making a commitment to getting harder to knock off the puck he will remain on the bottom two lines.

Reddox hustles and to me he seems stronger. He isn't bouncing off people when he hits them.

Cogliano rarely can stick a hit. He also doesn't always hustle. There are many games you don't notice him. In my opinion, O'Sullivan and Gagner have enough other things going for them, whereas Cogliano doesn't. He's the odd man out.

I do believe that Moreau, Pisani and Horcoff should be gone along with him, but Cogliano doesn't get off the list just because of those other guys.

North is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.