HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Green - Development & Play

Old
12-30-2009, 07:52 AM
CraigC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Green is not underrated. He is hated. Its the 4th forward thing. He is without question the best scoring defenseman in the world. If team Canada and Canadians don't recognize that and would rather have Dan Boyle and Jay Bouwmeester, more power to them.
Yeah its ridiculous, though good for a laugh when he is compared to MA Bergeron.

CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 08:08 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

I really think an Olympic snub will end up pissing him off...and that will be bad news for the rest of the NHL...good news for the Caps.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Roccoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Goals notwithstanding, I actually think he's improving. Green's offensive game is still there, and his assists are an impressive sight. He's just quarterbacking and leading the transition rather than trying to finish this year. I think it's the maturation process showing. Gaffes are still there from time to time, but they are more infrequent.
this.
+1.
i'm not sayin, i'm just sayin.
and its not even close.

any other HF-ism i missed?

his goal totals are down but he is still top of the heap for defensemen scoring, and his play in his own end has been more consistent... the 30 goal season is a high-water mark, not a bench-mark for him... he'll probably end up somewhere around 18-24 goals this year, and 80+ points.

also atm he is 2nd in the league for defensmen +- ... in and of itself it does not mean a ton, but its a nice indicator of his play in his own end.

Last edited by Roccoman: 12-30-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Roccoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 11:59 AM
dpj0122

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Green is not underrated. He is hated. Its the 4th forward thing. He is without question the best scoring defenseman in the world. If team Canada and Canadians don't recognize that and would rather have Dan Boyle and Jay Bouwmeester, more power to them.
Green's being snubbed speaks volumes about how he is viewed around the league. Hopefully, it will make him work on his overall game more.

dpj0122 is offline   Reply With Quote