HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can anybody on this team outside of Gaborik score?

Old
11-19-2009, 08:39 PM
RS085*

vCash: 500
Maybe its time to play that defensive style and go back to 2-1 games.

Gaborik would LOVE that.

RS085* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by XthedoodX View Post
But who is this magical center that is going to right this ship? we dealt gomez, when what we should have done was found a way to dump drury and rozy, but hey hindsight is always 20/20

unless they can find a way to land richards, somehow dumping some serious salary to make room for him I don't think we can get this 2nd line center and I am not even sure if it matters because even if richards is here that doesn't mean avery and cally or whoever is on the 2nd line will score any more than now

I'm sorry but our team lacks the same thing as it did last year, consistent goal scoring, but last year we were playing a defensive system where we would gut out some 2-1 shootout games, well this year we don't even get to OT, this team is flawed

I'd love to add a second line playmaker, but i think it goes deeper than that, besides prospal and gabby, we have no consistency, higgins has been our most consistent player as of late and he can't finish after that its been PA and hes been here a few games lets see how long it lasts
We both agree on the same thing, we both want the team to be more consistent in scoring, we just think that it can be done in different ways and I fully respect that. The magical center? God knows who, if not this season I hope ansimov will become that center. But idk a 2nd line center that fits that bill and we could trade for.

What does this team need in short? Well, with all the offensive Dman coming in, we need Staal to be the corner stone of defense (his offense though is questionable in the sense of if it isn't developed soon then he may just be a Defensive Dman his whole career) and one more solid rock.

Offensively...we need....talent. Hard work will only get you so far, we only need some bonafide talent.

Goaltending, no change needed (besides Hank to continue improving and work on his high glove hand ).

How we get all of this? If I knew, I'd be the GM hehe. But i think the first thing we need to do...is to rid ourselves of our ridiculous contracts. Those, in my opinion, will be the number one thing that will kill this team and it has to be done soon while we still have Gaborik and Lundqvist with us...

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:27 PM
XthedoodX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
We both agree on the same thing, we both want the team to be more consistent in scoring, we just think that it can be done in different ways and I fully respect that. The magical center? God knows who, if not this season I hope ansimov will become that center. But idk a 2nd line center that fits that bill and we could trade for.

What does this team need in short? Well, with all the offensive Dman coming in, we need Staal to be the corner stone of defense (his offense though is questionable in the sense of if it isn't developed soon then he may just be a Defensive Dman his whole career) and one more solid rock.

Offensively...we need....talent. Hard work will only get you so far, we only need some bonafide talent.

Goaltending, no change needed (besides Hank to continue improving and work on his high glove hand ).

How we get all of this? If I knew, I'd be the GM hehe. But i think the first thing we need to do...is to rid ourselves of our ridiculous contracts. Those, in my opinion, will be the number one thing that will kill this team and it has to be done soon while we still have Gaborik and Lundqvist with us...
It's good that we agree for the most part, lets just get sather on board, just dump a contract or two, but knowing sather he will dump a contract and just go take on a bigger one

I just keep feeling like he will trade rozy and a prospect for an overpaid and smaller scoring winger that wont answer any of our problems

I'd love to have mara back as that 6th d-man, but as for our 2nd line center I am not sure who I want, but i like kotalik on that top line, i may try to play avery there and get him driving teams crazy opening up room for gaborik

XthedoodX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:22 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by XthedoodX View Post
Higgins, Lisin, Callahan, and Drury have all had plenty of chances this year but have had difficulty finishing, and a member of the Habs board said Higgins chould have had 50 the year he netted 20 plus for them, so his hands are a question

Dubinsky I will give pass to because he didn't have a full camp and has not looked like himself before getting hurt

playmaker or no playmaker, these guys have to find a way to put the puck in the net, because until they do we will rely on one player and if he doesn't score 3 or 4 a game we are toast with the system we are playing
I am with you on this one.

Higgins, Lisin, and Cally have had their fair share of scoring opportunities the last few weeks. For example, Higgins was set up beautifully during the last game, and also had a wide open net against Ottawa in which he failed to score.

There's no doubt that this team could use another playmaker or two. But when the secondary scorers get a prime scoring chance, they have to find a way to finish. Whiffing or ripping a shot wide when you have a wide open empty net is unacceptable.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote