HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

NYI-Hawks

Old
11-18-2009, 11:46 AM
hockeygoon15

vCash: 500
+ = Best looking Islanders duo ever.

Upon closer inspection, these two must be related...

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Hunter07

Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb6947
Counter offer:

Barker
Skille

For

Weight
Biron
Meyer (Thrown in to replace Barkers spot in the line up)

That helps CHI's salary cap and their current problems with injury.
I doubt Chicago does that. They don't need Biron, Huet is playing well and I think they like their backup.

Weight is always injured and adds nothing to their line up; they already have Madden and a few other vet players that are much better than Weight at this point in his career.

That leaves Freddy Meyer, who really doesn't add anything to their team. They have a sick defense, Campbell, Keith, Seabrook, Barker, and two other guys, Meyer would be sixth defenseman which he is.

So that trade makes zero sense for Chicago and we would be ripping them off. The only way that trade would make any sense is if they needed a goalie, which they don't. You can't get valuable young assets like Skille & Barker for spare parts and a goalie that no one wanted this summer.

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:19 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb6947 View Post
Counter offer:

Barker
Skille

For

Weight
Biron
Meyer (Thrown in to replace Barkers spot in the line up)

That helps CHI's salary cap and their current problems with injury.
Done, I want Dougie to win another cup before he retires.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:22 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
I doubt Chicago does that. They don't need Biron, Huet is playing well and I think they like their backup.

Weight is always injured and adds nothing to their line up; they already have Madden and a few other vet players that are much better than Weight at this point in his career.

That leaves Freddy Meyer, who really doesn't add anything to their team. They have a sick defense, Campbell, Keith, Seabrook, Barker, and two other guys, Meyer would be sixth defenseman which he is.

So that trade makes zero sense for Chicago and we would be ripping them off. The only way that trade would make any sense is if they needed a goalie, which they don't. You can't get valuable young assets like Skille & Barker for spare parts and a goalie that no one wanted this summer.
Hjalmarsson and Sopel.

Old
11-18-2009, 12:45 PM
macleod50

Sopel

One of the ********* defenemen to ever wear an Isles uniform.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Riddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Your thinking of Lukowich, but he left on good terms.

And Sopel sucks, If you threw in Pat Kane I'd do it.
ohhhhh, i AMMM thinking of lukowich! haha, i was desperately trying to remember why people were ripping him apart, now i remember! sopel, haha, he ****ING SUCKS!

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
So as a Hawk fan reading this I take it Sopel is to Isles fans what Jarolsav Spacek is to Hawks fans?

Spacek his last tour with Hawks was really unhappy and didn't get along with management or team and had some problems with fans near end.

Sorta burned his bridges

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
So as a Hawk fan reading this I take it Sopel is to Isles fans what Jarolsav Spacek is to Hawks fans?

Spacek his last tour with Hawks was really unhappy and didn't get along with management or team and had some problems with fans near end.

Sorta burned his bridges
Bingo. Spacek is a quality d man, just not effective with the Hawks. Sopel coming out of the lockout looked lost and unhappy to be here.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 07:36 AM
doublechili

vCash: 600
I could probably count on one hand the Isles' players from the last 10 years that I'd want to reacquire in trades. Onward and upward. Let's not relive the glory of 2004. There should be a sticky thread for suggestions to reacquire players, and it should be locked.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 05:36 PM
CREW99AW

Scotty Bowman's son is the Hawks gm.Bowman works for the team as an advisor.

If the isles and Hawks do make a Biron trade,I wouldn't be surprised if the deal is expanded and includes Bergenheim($862,000).1-2 yrs ago the Isles were playing the Panthers in FL.Bowman was scouting the Panthers for an upcoming Panthers/Red Wings game.

Bergenheim was the best islander on the ice.The next game,the radio announcers were talking about how Bergy impressed Bowman,who'd asked them about him.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 06:59 PM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
I could probably count on one hand the Isles' players from the last 10 years that I'd want to reacquire in trades. Onward and upward. Let's not relive the glory of 2004. There should be a sticky thread for suggestions to reacquire players, and it should be locked.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:54 PM
supeez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Scotty Bowman's son is the Hawks gm.Bowman works for the team as an advisor.

If the isles and Hawks do make a Biron trade,I wouldn't be surprised if the deal is expanded and includes Bergenheim($862,000).1-2 yrs ago the Isles were playing the Panthers in FL.Bowman was scouting the Panthers for an upcoming Panthers/Red Wings game.

Bergenheim was the best islander on the ice.The next game,the radio announcers were talking about how Bergy impressed Bowman,who'd asked them about him.
I could be wrong with the timing but Scotty Bowman has made positive comments before about Bergenheim. I believe it was Al Arbour night when he coached his 1500th game. Hope it doesn't happen. Big Bergenheim fan here.

supeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 12:13 PM
hb6947
Hooked Since '78

I would think the Hawks would shy away from any player that will be a RFA in the next two seasons. If they do sign all three players in question, I think they dump salary in a win now mind set leading them to look for complimentary UFA with some picks sprinkled in.

hb6947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 05:25 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb6947 View Post
I would think the Hawks would shy away from any player that will be a RFA in the next two seasons. If they do sign all three players in question, I think they dump salary in a win now mind set leading them to look for complimentary UFA with some picks sprinkled in.
Bergy makes under $900,000.It's not like he's going to be breaking the bank on his next contract.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 06:00 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by supeez View Post
I could be wrong with the timing but Scotty Bowman has made positive comments before about Bergenheim. I believe it was Al Arbour night when he coached his 1500th game. Hope it doesn't happen. Big Bergenheim fan here.
Yep, Bowman has talked about him on a few different occasions. All overwhelmingly positive.

Dave Bolland or Troy Brouwer are guys I'd like to see the Isles try to pry away from the Hawks if there are going to be any dealings between them. I don't know about Bolland now though due to the back surgery.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 06:17 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Yep, Bowman has talked about him on a few different occasions. All overwhelmingly positive.

Dave Bolland or Troy Brouwer are guys I'd like to see the Isles try to pry away from the Hawks if there are going to be any dealings between them. I don't know about Bolland now though due to the back surgery.
I'd Like Troy Brouwer, but the guy I want the most is Byfuglien. Brings size and grit to our forwards.

Old
11-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Augscura

I really like watching Niklas Hjalmarsson, very underrated defenseman in my opinion. I would love to see him suit up for the isles one day.

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote