HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will The King EVER Have Protection???

Old
11-18-2009, 12:26 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Will The King EVER Have Protection???

He's been god for 4 years and 21 games with the most sorry excuse for a defensive system...

WILL SOMEONE, ANYONE, HELP-HIM-THE-****-OUT?????

We all know about Redden and Rozsival....
...but whats the point in Girardi if he refuses to hit anyone that goes near his net?

Seriously, we're right across the damn river...can someone bother to watch anything from the last 16 years of Devils defense.
I hate them, but dammit, watch and ****ing learn!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:31 AM
gravytrain6t

Just like my answer to having more scoring. Where do we get the Cap Space?

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:41 AM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

John Vanbiesbrouck knows the value of protection....He drives a Volvo.

Sorry. Showing my age there.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:41 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Someone needs to get all "Raising Arizona" on those high priced contracts because with them "our team is a rocky place where the fans can find no purchase"

*that means kidnap them and make them disappear

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:59 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

While I agree he needs more protection but...at some point Hank is going to have to defend himself. Someone runs him, how about he jumps up and delivers a blocker to the head (Sure he gets a penalty but whats the difference if the Dman runs in and does the same with a nice stiff punch?).

Lundqvist needs to show more emotion that hes fed up with this crap, maybe then his teammates will realize that and stick up for him better.

We talk about protection all the time, we all love Hank, but c'on, he just asks for it by never doing anything about it. People sleep in his crease and he doesn't even give them a wack which referees allow all the time as long as its not over the top.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Cap space for what? How about whoever we put on the ice have some balls? I'm not asking for someone to drop the gloves everytime Henrik is run, but it doesn't take a goon to knock a guy on his ass after he runs our netminder.

It is becoming sickening, really sickening, to see Henrik get run over and over and have everyone on the ice look the other way.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 01:11 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Cap space for what? How about whoever we put on the ice have some balls? I'm not asking for someone to drop the gloves everytime Henrik is run, but it doesn't take a goon to knock a guy on his ass after he runs our netminder.

It is becoming sickening, really sickening, to see Henrik get run over and over and have everyone on the ice look the other way.
Cap Space to bring in people with the balls.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 08:09 AM
n_a_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
John Vanbiesbrouck knows the value of protection....He drives a Volvo.

Sorry. Showing my age there.
Ha! Took me a few seconds, but I remember that!

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 08:19 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
While I agree he needs more protection but...at some point Hank is going to have to defend himself. Someone runs him, how about he jumps up and delivers a blocker to the head (Sure he gets a penalty but whats the difference if the Dman runs in and does the same with a nice stiff punch?).

Lundqvist needs to show more emotion that hes fed up with this crap, maybe then his teammates will realize that and stick up for him better.

We talk about protection all the time, we all love Hank, but c'on, he just asks for it by never doing anything about it. People sleep in his crease and he doesn't even give them a wack which referees allow all the time as long as its not over the top.

That's a good point. Hank starts defending himself--others are going to have to get involved too.

What is at least as disturbing is how much the refs have let go. One wonders if the Rangers were running other teams' goalies they'd be getting the same consideration. It might be in their interest to find out.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 08:36 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Cap Space to bring in people with the balls.
Well, you've got guys like Michael Sauer, Dane Byers and Dale Weise that are hungry, don't take any crap and are knocking on the door. Obviously Weise and Byers are bottom six guys, but it's a start. And Sauer really should be on the team right now anyway.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 08:57 AM
txpd

No offense guys. Be realistic. Avery punched Varlamov in the head again last night. Even with Erskine burying him everytime he went to the crease. I assume that is the kind of protection you are talking about.

There is no protection to be gotten. Leave it and move on.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 08:59 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post

I like it, and then Torts gets to choose who serves, which should mean less ice time for Rozi. Rozi won't mind since he loves being in the box so much.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 09:02 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
No offense guys. Be realistic. Avery punched Varlamov in the head again last night. Even with Erskine burying him everytime he went to the crease. I assume that is the kind of protection you are talking about.

What I don't get is why a team that blocks as many shots as they do, is seemingly afraid to go after a guy.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pld459666

I really do not remember a group of players that seemed to care so little for each other.

It just really seems like there is no care that liberties are taken with younger players, with your star players and with your goalie.

Opposing players roam in front of the net with reckless abandon because they know no one will do anything about it.

I actually watched an opposing player dig at a puck to the right side of the net and neither Rangers defenceman touched him until AFTER the whistle.

If the puck is somewhat covered and an opposing player is digging, it means he's playing the puck and can be laid out. Not only that, but it's being done RIGHT NEXT TO HENRIK.

I was not happy with the style that Renney employed last year, but I don't feel it ever got this bad in terms allowing teams to come into your building and just not compete physically. We got beat because we could not score, now we are getting beat because we can't score AND we are getting beat physically.

It's a real shame.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bumrusherer

Protection in terms of them hitting him or protection by not allowing him to be bombarded by quality scoring chances every game?

Hopefully one day both questions will deliver a positive answer but right now it just looks completely annoying for him.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 09:09 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
That's a good point. Hank starts defending himself--others are going to have to get involved too.

What is at least as disturbing is how much the refs have let go. One wonders if the Rangers were running other teams' goalies they'd be getting the same consideration. It might be in their interest to find out.
Aside from Avery who normally gets called for sneezing in the direction of a goalie who on this team do we really expect to growa set to run a goalie?

This team has no heart....

Old
11-18-2009, 09:16 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

Maybe protection isn't the right word then. Just some sort of physical response is what's needed. When someone runs Henrik, we just stand and watch. Someone needs to retaliate, like Erskine did. Will it stop the Clarkson types from crashing the crease? No, but it might have an impact on less physical players, knowing that they'll pay the price for living in our crease. Doing nothing is like giving the other team a free punch.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 09:32 AM
shon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I really do not remember a group of players that seemed to care so little for each other.

It just really seems like there is no care that liberties are taken with younger players, with your star players and with your goalie.

Opposing players roam in front of the net with reckless abandon because they know no one will do anything about it.

I actually watched an opposing player dig at a puck to the right side of the net and neither Rangers defenceman touched him until AFTER the whistle.

If the puck is somewhat covered and an opposing player is digging, it means he's playing the puck and can be laid out. Not only that, but it's being done RIGHT NEXT TO HENRIK.

I was not happy with the style that Renney employed last year, but I don't feel it ever got this bad in terms allowing teams to come into your building and just not compete physically. We got beat because we could not score, now we are getting beat because we can't score AND we are getting beat physically.

It's a real shame.

yeah we need the defence to be a little tougher but what would it proof having one of our top d men in the box all the time for 2 or even 5 minutes. If you really watched the game our d men do push,hit and chew at the other team but are smart enough not to take penalties.
oh maybe they should start taking stupid penalties then you would have another reason to complain.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 09:35 AM
RangerBlueJay*

Per Zipay;
Quote:
Beyond the fact that this team lacks secondary scoring, there's a gap in dynamism. Lundqvist needs to provide it, challenging shooters, being more vocal.
Maybe he should try Ballet?

RangerBlueJay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

Yeah, guess miracles can happen.

Henke has protection, still no kids yet, right?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

What pisses me off most if that being tough in front of your own net is something that can easily be taught.

I watched Matt Gilroy doing absolutely nothing last night after a Cap got a little too comfortable in Lundqvist's crease. Guess what? If Gilroy misses a shift or two, then a message is conveyed that something like that shouldnt happen again.

Torts sits people entire games for singular neutral zone turnovers...it bewilders me that he allows a season long issue fester like this.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 10:48 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

What do we expect? When was the last time anyone on this team even threw a big hit? Gilroy and DZ aren't really hitters, Redden and Rozsival play like they don't have the balls to swat a fly, and Girardi and Staal don't seem interested in playing defense anymore.

You'd figure at least Brashear or that waste of life Voros would figure out that this might be their job, but no.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
What pisses me off most if that being tough in front of your own net is something that can easily be taught.

I watched Matt Gilroy doing absolutely nothing last night after a Cap got a little too comfortable in Lundqvist's crease. Guess what? If Gilroy misses a shift or two, then a message is conveyed that something like that shouldnt happen again.

Torts sits people entire games for singular neutral zone turnovers...it bewilders me that he allows a season long issue fester like this.
Gilroy will never be mistaken for Beaukeboom, but I thought he'd at least show some muscle in his defensive game. Its his first year in the pros, kinda give him some leeway for now.

Old
11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon View Post
yeah we need the defence to be a little tougher but what would it proof having one of our top d men in the box all the time for 2 or even 5 minutes. If you really watched the game our d men do push,hit and chew at the other team but are smart enough not to take penalties.
oh maybe they should start taking stupid penalties then you would have another reason to complain.
We are watching 2 very different teams.

there's no way you can look at our defence and see any pushing, hitting or chewing. If that were the case, Lundqvist would not be getting run nearly as much as he has been run.

And no, I'm not looking for penalties, but I am looking for alot more grit than what has been displayed from this group thus far.

I don't expect that from MDZ or Gliroy just yet as they are still learning the game at the pro level, but I am expecting that from Staal and Girardi and have not gotten it at all.

Rozy is as soft as baby crap and Redden (while he has played better than most of last year) is not as physical as he could or should be.

There have been way to many times where a player should have neded up on his backside around the crease and they skate away without issue.

It fortifies the belief that as an opposing team you can pretty much do what you want to our goalie.

And for pete's sake, taking certain penalties is A GOOD THING. Not a bad thing. Geez.

Old
11-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
We are watching 2 very different teams.

there's no way you can look at our defence and see any pushing, hitting or chewing. If that were the case, Lundqvist would not be getting run nearly as much as he has been run.

And no, I'm not looking for penalties, but I am looking for alot more grit than what has been displayed from this group thus far.

I don't expect that from MDZ or Gliroy just yet as they are still learning the game at the pro level, but I am expecting that from Staal and Girardi and have not gotten it at all.

Rozy is as soft as baby crap and Redden (while he has played better than most of last year) is not as physical as he could or should be.

There have been way to many times where a player should have neded up on his backside around the crease and they skate away without issue.

It fortifies the belief that as an opposing team you can pretty much do what you want to our goalie.

And for pete's sake, taking certain penalties is A GOOD THING. Not a bad thing. Geez.
Do you really think he's being run or is it that our defense allows the opponent to play with the puck in the crease. Theres a difference.

But I agree, our guys are not making these forwards pay for playing in the crease, they should never get to Henke in the first place.