HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

LMHF Game Report #11

Old
11-19-2009, 09:42 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Horcoff lost almost all the faceoffs and turned the puck over all night long..
He did score a goal and was good killing penalties...
I thought he had a good game as well.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Section337
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Horcoff seemed more efficient at bringing the puck out of the defensive zone, though not necessarily taking it into the offensive zone. He also did real good work on the 5-3s, admittedly he lost every face-off (usually to the Avs wingers), but they really only had one good scoring chance.

Section337 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Great report as always.

Shocked you didn't mention the ridiculous pass that Visnovsky made to Hemsky... that even Hemsky wasn't ready for (and consequentially missed a wide open net).

There are maybe 5 D in the world that even TRY that as this level, never mind make that pass.
Yeah, I must admit I didn't see it as well as I would've liked...then they didn't show the highlight because they had 2 "random" girls dancing (it's a hockey game people!)...I couldn't tell what exactly happened there. Anyone have a clip?

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:52 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
Great report, my favorite part of home stands is your reports on a regular basis. I don't think you realize how great of a service this is. It really is a fixture for me, much like watching the hilights on TSN every night.
Thank you sir! That's why I keep on doing it. Just wish I had the time to provide more, as i could write twice as much and then another the next day; but there just isn't the time.

Old
11-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Section337
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
Yeah, I must admit I didn't see it as well as I would've liked...then they didn't show the highlight because they had 2 "random" girls dancing (it's a hockey game people!)...I couldn't tell what exactly happened there. Anyone have a clip?
Replays at the games have been horrible for 3 years now. It annoys me a lot more than the music selection.

Section337 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 11:11 AM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Basically when the puck squirted out to Lubo, he squared up to the net, look top cheddar, took the full wind up and at a pretty damn high speed got the pass through to Ales. It wasn't so much that he did it, as to the fact it was one of the best fake clappers I've ever seen, both in terms of how quickly he was moving, and how hard he sold the shot.

We got a couple replays on TSN, but nothing on the highlights for the same reason.....

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
The TSN replays on this were a joke. They never replayed the same camera shot as the bang bang play and on one replay you see the pass going across and somebody whiffing and you can't even see who it is. The other replay wasn't very good either.

I had to find out later that it was actually Hemsky.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 05:42 PM
OYLer

As always #1, I enjoyed your Game Report. As usual I have a small bone to pick:
Quote:
So then we started getting players that can shoot (Gagner, Potulny, O'Sullivan) into the slot and working to get them the puck with some open space. What a shocker...they scored goals. Rather than weakly throwing a bunch of useless pucks on net, we used positioning and hard work to create chances and made no mistake. The EN goal was fitting and the topper for a number of reasons, but more on that in PLAYER REPORTS.
One Near Miss thought the derisive 'pain-speak' I posted in the GDT was unpleasant and uncalled for. I agree to the former only. The Oilers needed to showup as a team of men without excuses and to execute. After a wimpy start they got the wake-up call and then initiated some semblance of team performance. Having big & mean #44 back in the line-up and benching Gilbert Grape combined with the atrocious non-call by those brain dead zebra wannabees, the real good ole' hockey game finally got underway.

Inspite of the Buttman devilution of NHL hockey the "hockey gods" still rose up to prevent another officiating theft to be bestowed on another gait-ailing American team. The spectrality of those Men In Black & White whom seem to blackout becoming whistleless blowhards after witnessing an agreciouis headshot (a vicious headhunting elbow the league is susposedly cracking down on) into our captain's face. Then the Instigator penalty is called (never called when an American team comes to the defense of a clean big hit on one of their players ((remember the ridiculous non-call on JFJ earlier this season)) )??? Definitely a year in need of officiating parenthesis! But then calling the Souray penalty just confirmed the double standard. Alas I digress...

LMHF, the meager bone I pick is your non-inclusion of Horcoff in your [quoted] list of forwards scoring while near the opposition's net in that high value gritty real estate wherein goals are potted most often in all hockey but especially the NHL.

I stand by my need to pointedly - pointed out - in pre-game GDT comments the import of last eve's game and post-game I confer my congratulation upon an Oilers crew that became a team for at least the last period-and-a-half of a much needed win. More's the pity, it took a endurance of black & blue to overcome and incompetent expression of black & white on the ' live ice ' at the Rex last night when bad officiating was trumped by determined play.

OYLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Tree444

Good report once again, but i feel inclined to point out staios on the 2 man kill, without souray

He played on the left side (where souray usually does, but he was in the box) facing statsny, and was absolutely awful. I don't think i've seen anyone defend a 5 on 3 so poorly. There was a period of about 25 seconds where statsny would just pass to the slot to svatos 3 or 4 times, each time right around staios, who did nothing. It forced JDD to make a couple of spectacular saves on svatos who was sitting point blank.

Once smid came to kill on that side, however, svatos stopped getting easy feeds.

Tree444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Copperhead

I think this was one of Hemsky's best games of the year. The EN goal I thought for sure he going to be checked and screw it up, but then he plowed on and made it happen. He was flying all night, skating well and making good decisions with the puck. I hope he learns that when he skates to the middle of the ice (as he did on Horc's goal and numerous other times) the zone just opens up for him and his linemates.

I know you really want Reddox to be Pisani V2.0 LMHF but I just don't see it happening. Although I like Reddox's game, he's just too much of a water bug energy pest kind of player. Pisani plays with this smooth intelligence; he just thinks the games so well. Reddox is much more of a buzzsaw.

Potulny needs to stay over Nilsson (although I did like Nilsson's game lately...seemed to be getting more involved).

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 07:23 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer View Post
As always #1, I enjoyed your Game Report. As usual I have a small bone to pick:

One Near Miss thought the derisive 'pain-speak' I posted in the GDT was unpleasant and uncalled for. I agree to the former only. The Oilers needed to showup as a team of men without excuses and to execute. After a wimpy start they got the wake-up call and then initiated some semblance of team performance. Having big & mean #44 back in the line-up and benching Gilbert Grape combined with the atrocious non-call by those brain dead zebra wannabees, the real good ole' hockey game finally got underway.

Inspite of the Buttman devilution of NHL hockey the "hockey gods" still rose up to prevent another officiating theft to be bestowed on another gait-ailing American team. The spectrality of those Men In Black & White whom seem to blackout becoming whistleless blowhards after witnessing an agreciouis headshot (a vicious headhunting elbow the league is susposedly cracking down on) into our captain's face. Then the Instigator penalty is called (never called when an American team comes to the defense of a clean big hit on one of their players ((remember the ridiculous non-call on JFJ earlier this season)) )??? Definitely a year in need of officiating parenthesis! But then calling the Souray penalty just confirmed the double standard. Alas I digress...

LMHF, the meager bone I pick is your non-inclusion of Horcoff in your [quoted] list of forwards scoring while near the opposition's net in that high value gritty real estate wherein goals are potted most often in all hockey but especially the NHL.

I stand by my need to pointedly - pointed out - in pre-game GDT comments the import of last eve's game and post-game I confer my congratulation upon an Oilers crew that became a team for at least the last period-and-a-half of a much needed win. More's the pity, it took a endurance of black & blue to overcome and incompetent expression of black & white on the ' live ice ' at the Rex last night when bad officiating was trumped by determined play.
As always sir, wonderfully composed.

Horcoff didn't fit in with the three as his wasn't quite the same. He worked hard for it and went to where the puck was, as opposed to already being in the shooting area. Not intended as a slight in any way, I just see the other 3 goals as the exact ones we were not producing and need to set up on a team such as this. If Horcoff keeps driving the net with Hemsky and Penner, he'll score a ton (we hope).

Old
11-19-2009, 07:24 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree444 View Post
Good report once again, but i feel inclined to point out staios on the 2 man kill, without souray

He played on the left side (where souray usually does, but he was in the box) facing statsny, and was absolutely awful. I don't think i've seen anyone defend a 5 on 3 so poorly. There was a period of about 25 seconds where statsny would just pass to the slot to svatos 3 or 4 times, each time right around staios, who did nothing. It forced JDD to make a couple of spectacular saves on svatos who was sitting point blank.

Once smid came to kill on that side, however, svatos stopped getting easy feeds.
Point taken, though you have seen someone kill a 5-on-3 worse than that if you watched Strudwick swimming on the frozen pool.

Someone throw that guy a life vest!

Old
11-19-2009, 07:25 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Basically when the puck squirted out to Lubo, he squared up to the net, look top cheddar, took the full wind up and at a pretty damn high speed got the pass through to Ales. It wasn't so much that he did it, as to the fact it was one of the best fake clappers I've ever seen, both in terms of how quickly he was moving, and how hard he sold the shot.

We got a couple replays on TSN, but nothing on the highlights for the same reason.....
Ahh, and we can't get a bloody replay despite this modern age...

Old
11-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Tree444

Quote:
Point taken, though you have seen someone kill a 5-on-3 worse than that if you watched Strudwick swimming on the frozen pool.

Someone throw that guy a life vest!
Yeah. Seriously, if we ever lose souray and smid and have staios and strudwick killing a 5 on 3 along with a centerman who only has 1 shoulder attached and a rookie goaltender....

Tree444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:50 PM
deanmoriarty

Nice report!

The Smid/Lubo pair really is awesome. As far as I'm concerned Visnovsky is an elite defenseman.

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 02:26 AM
elpol
Re-Registered User

Is Potulny playing himself onto the team?

What do you guys think?

elpol is offline   Reply With Quote