HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rozsival MUST GO

Old
11-21-2009, 02:23 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Carolina. Corvo,Wallin and Ward are group III's after this season. Jamie McBain is their best and only top prospect D in the system. Rozsival's salary drop to $4 million and $3 million fits into Carolina's budget.

It's only a matter of time before Jim Rutherford rips that team apart.

Ray Whitney and Scott Walker are group III's. Besides Tuomo Ruutu,none of their signed forwards past this season are worth the trouble. They aren't moving Eric Staal or Brandon Sutter. Erik Cole is toast.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 02:29 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Carolina. Corvo,Wallin and Ward are group III's after this season. Jamie McBain is their best and only top prospect D in the system. Rozsival's salary drop to $4 million and $3 million fits into Carolina's budget.

Ray Whitney and Scott Walker are group III's. Besides Tuomo Ruutu,none of their signed forwards past this season are worth the trouble. They aren't moving Eric Staal or Brandon Sutter. Erik Cole is toast.
Agreed. Brandon Sutter is there best player right now. He's not going anywhere. Ruutu is the only one that peaks my interest.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 02:31 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
I would LOVE Tuomo Ruutu on this team

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
We'd be the most hated team in the league! As long as we get tougher to handle it, then i definitely wouldn't mind

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Vitto79

Quote:

I was looking at the Canes. the guys mentioned be just fine, I mean really take whatever to get rid of the contract especially if they are UFA's but I doubht that works.

Higgins, Rozsival, Sauer for Whitney, Walker, Ward may work

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 04:28 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:

Carolina does look like a good trading partner.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 04:50 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Carolina does look like a good trading partner.
Whitney would be a good fit.

11-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Whitney would be a good fit.
The guy is 37 and if his past three years are anything to go by, can still produce. Certainly looks like a playmaker, but I don't know much more about him.

What does his contract look like, anyone know? Would definitely help in the playmaking department for the 2nd line though...

Old
11-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
The guy is 37 and if his past three years are anything to go by, can still produce. Certainly looks like a playmaker, but I don't know much more about him.

What does his contract look like, anyone know? Would definitely help in the playmaking department for the 2nd line though...
$3.55MM for this year and then he's a UFA. Definitely one of the most underrated players around the league. Tremendous value there.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
$3.55MM for this year and then he's a UFA. Definitely one of the most underrated players around the league. Tremendous value there.
Wow. If the guy is as durable as he seems to be (damn guy had his career year when he was 35ish) then he should be able to help for a while...

Am starting to like this guy a lot..., would provide us with some necessary playmaking. And hopefully we could resign him for cheap too...

Old
11-21-2009, 05:38 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I've wanted him on this team for years now. Going back to when Bure was here. Those two were great together in Florida.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I've wanted him on this team for years now. Going back to when Bure was here. Those two were great together in Florida.
Agreed. He'd be a great pick up at the deadline, or perhaps sooner.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Larry needs to get over this trade Rozy bring up Sangs thing he is on. No way the team will cary that many unproven dmen, even if Rozy is traded it will be for another veteran, not leave the spot for Sangs or Sauer. I myself would trade Staal right now, his value will get us what we need and with so many young dmen in the system lets get something for him now because if his play continues his value is only going to go down.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:28 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Anaheim is desperate to shake up their team.

Joffrey Lupul is probably on the block. He carries a hefty price tag. First season of a four year contract worth $17 million. $4.25 million cap hit.

Quote:
It was standing room only with scouts from half the league in Anaheim on Thursday, a surefire harbinger that the Ducks are looking to make a trade. They need more help on the back end and don’t be surprised if Brian Burke deals with his old friend Bob Murray, who replaced him in Anaheim. The Ducks haven’t been happy with winger Joffrey Lupul. Ditto for careless winger Evgeny Artyukhin, a penalty machine, and Erik Christiansen, who was sent to Manitoba.
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...179/story.html

Quote:
A shakeup in Anaheim could be coming soon. While nobody expected the Ducks to be world beaters this season, they’re expected to challenge for a playoff spot and since they aren’t, GM Bob Murray is desperate to make moves. Sure, he’d love to get G J.S. Giguere’s $6-million cap hit for the next two seasons off the books, but Murray isn’t having a lot of luck. According to league executives, Murray has decided to aim a little lower by offering up underachieving RW Joffrey Lupul, who has a $4.25-million cap hit through 2013, around the league. At that price, it’s going to be difficult for Murray to find a trading partner. The heat has been turned up on coach Randy Carlyle, but the belief is coaching is the least of the club’s worries and Murray had better make some moves.
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../11859826.html

Anaheim needs a veteran defenseman. Besides their big 2,Bobby Ryan and Scott Niedermayer there isn't much there. Teemu Selanne could help a "now" team. Saku is done. Since they need help on defense,they aren't trading Ryan Whitney who is not much to consider anyway.

Lupul is out with an injury. Philly gave him the extension after his first season in Philly. 46 points in 56 games in 07-08. He had 25 goals last season. He just turned 26 years old. Lupul is comparable to Nik Zherdev.

Expand the deal to include Higgins but there isn't much on Anaheim's roster. Don't say Todd Marchant who has a 35 year old plus contract.

Old
11-22-2009, 02:43 PM
levski87

What are you suggesting? Joffrey Lupul for Rozsival? .. Don't see how this helps out Anaheim.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:44 PM
levski87

I say we just make a package for Brad Boyes. He's not putting up great numbers this year, he has a 4 mill cap hit.

Guy is a proven 40 goal scorer on a great contract for a underacheiving team right now.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
What are you suggesting? Joffrey Lupul for Rozsival? .. Don't see how this helps out Anaheim.
Their were rumors of Higgins to the Ducks so a package with Rozsival and say a good young prospect like Sauer may work for say Lupul and Brookbank. Then bring up Sangs or even Heikkinen

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:54 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
I say we just make a package for Brad Boyes. He's not putting up great numbers this year, he has a 4 mill cap hit.

Guy is a proven 40 goal scorer on a great contract for a underacheiving team right now.
Which is why St. Louis would hesitate to trade him.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 06:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Marc Staal (25:21) had an outstanding night on the blue line paired with Michal Rozsival, who did well himself in 23:30 of ice. Rozsival's game has improved over the last two weeks, perhaps to the point where it's becoming possible to actually attract a trade offer. Dan Girardi (23:18) was also strong on defense
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz0YuQeTsKT

Trade offer? Christmas is three weeks away.

He always plays well against Buffalo.

Old
12-06-2009, 01:46 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:

I would be all for this...

plus he's a former Erie Otter

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Cermi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
I would be all for this...

plus he's a former Erie Otter
Me too. Boyes would be a great addition.

What would we give up? At least the same salary has to go back, dont forget. Let's say Girardi, Higgins (if they want him), some prospect and/or picks,...

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:06 PM
t3hg00se

Rozsival has almost been living up to his contract since the Redden benching, he's really stepping up.

Old
12-21-2009, 09:16 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Another 3rd liner, just what we need

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:19 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I have a feeling we're just going to bounce back and forth between hating Redden and Roszival until both are gone.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:19 PM
t3hg00se

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Another 3rd liner, just what we need
Yes. A third liner with 10 goals, and 23 points, and would probably be the second best forward on the team. Not to mention someone who plays with some grit.

Yeah, we could use that.