HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rozsival MUST GO

Old
12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I have a feeling we're just going to bounce back and forth between hating Redden and Roszival until both are gone.

Every season there must be a defenseman to bash. I think that's part of the Rangers Fan Creed.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 10:40 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
how does one say......... "i told you so", in czech ?

hes been bad for a season and 1/4 now.

not gonna get better.

time to cut bait.
rikal jsem ti to

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
The wolfpack
Yeah. If anything, It would help him redefine his game because at the moment he has none.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
rikal jsem ti to
Can you teach crossbar how to say "I was wrong"?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Can you teach crossbar how to say "I was wrong"?
"Neměl jsem pravdu."

Seriously, good luck with that.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 01:55 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I don't know how much the benching shook up Redden but it sure seems to have shaken up Rozsival.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:05 AM
OverTheCap

When Rozy is on his game, he's great. When he's not, he's prone to mistakes and indecisiveness.

His problem has always been consistency. Let's hope his current streak of solid play lasts for a long time.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 03:14 AM
NYR Viper

He has been great and, IMO worth his contract. This is why I get upset with him when he plays poorly, he has the skills to play very well and be a top-pairing d-man. Hope he keeps it up.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 05:20 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
He has been great and, IMO worth his contract. This is why I get upset with him when he plays poorly, he has the skills to play very well and be a top-pairing d-man. Hope he keeps it up.
sorta agreed...but still, his cap hit is trouble.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 08:32 AM
eco's bones

Rozsival has been playing well the last few games.

He's not worth $5 mil per year though and he never has been. $3.25 to $3.5 is what he should be getting for what he's done in the past. For what he's doing now he's more a $3 mil player.

If we can move him in the near future--whether at the trade deadline because we're not going anywhere or whether in the off season for something relatively decent we've got to do it.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 08:39 AM
ohbaby

Salary aside, as we all know the Rangers way overpaid, and puts a hurt on our cap space, we should really learn to live with it. He will be impossible to move. You think any team in this league would pick up his contract, your dreaming. He doesn't have Gomez' speed. I'm still in shock we were able to dump his contract.

What am I talkin about!,... Even if he wasn't carrying a huge contract, you guys would still be bashing him.

Instead we should look at the positives. I have been defending Rosy, and nothing has changed. When the season started I said Rosy was our #1 D-men for years. Now with Staal having a couple of years here, he has overtaken Rosy's spot as the #1. Which we all know was due to happen. Still, we have had the best PK for years now, and Hank can't get all the credit. The guys infront of him have performed well, and Rosy is always on the ice when shorthanded.

Even Torts early on had his doubts,.. dramatically cutting his ice-time, playing on the third pair, getting less than 15 min. Well here we are in late december and he's back up at 20 min. and climbing, playing in all situations. Played the point well, when Kotalik was out, and has been steady in his own end. He won't replace Staal as our #1, but neither will he sit in the press box, or get sent down to Hartford. (Redden, Gilroy)

And with MDZ still making a ton of mistakes defensively (-12), Rosy's minutes will continue to climb.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 09:22 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Salary aside, as we all know the Rangers way overpaid, and puts a hurt on our cap space, we should really learn to live with it. He will be impossible to move. You think any team in this league would pick up his contract, your dreaming.
Disagree. Rozy will make 4 and 3 million respectively the next two years while carrying a cap hit of 5 million. That will be attractive to cash poor teams who operate at the cap floor. I fully expect Rozy to get traded this offseason.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

How about we exercise a little maturity for a change? Thanks.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:24 AM
eco's bones

Depending on the Ranger's place in the standing at the trade deadline--Rozsival is movable. Should we look to trade him if the Rangers look to be in the playoffs? No. More than likely in that case we should be looking to acquire a vet d-man--not get rid of one. But that's the thing defensemen have extra value for teams going to the playoffs. If the Rangers are not in good position teams that are will still be looking to add d-men. That's just the way it is. That's why he's movable. That's why we picked up Morris last year.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:32 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Disagree. Rozy will make 4 and 3 million respectively the next two years while carrying a cap hit of 5 million. That will be attractive to cash poor teams who operate at the cap floor. I fully expect Rozy to get traded this offseason.

I agree, a team will take a chance on his up & down play. I have a feeling his game will be much improved on a team not named NY Rangers, less presure.

Trade Rosie, send Redden down & right out Drurys last 2 years & we are out from under the cap hell.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I don't see a team in the market for a guy like Rozsival at the deadline. 2 more years on his deal, granted at a low salary, and is incredibly inconsistent. That's not a playoff rental. That's an off-season acquisition for a team that's in need of a d-man and is also looking to stay above the cap floor without adding much salary.

If he's moved, I'd say it happens no sooner than the draft.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I don't see a team in the market for a guy like Rozsival at the deadline. 2 more years on his deal, granted at a low salary, and is incredibly inconsistent. That's not a playoff rental. That's an off-season acquisition for a team that's in need of a d-man and is also looking to stay above the cap floor without adding much salary.

If he's moved, I'd say it happens no sooner than the draft.
I agree. If Rozy was a UFA after this season, somebody would pick him up for the stretch run, but no competing team is going to take on his cap hit for another 2 seasons.

The way hes playing lately, we may not only be able to move him in the offseason, but we may be able to actually get something of value back in return.

The Staal-Roszival tandem has been excellent the past few games

Old
12-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Chimp

It's pretty funny that every second post that tries to speak positively about a Ranger has to start with "salary aside...". When practically every player starts with "salary aside", you know your team isn't going anywhere.

After all salary is aside, there's nothing left to form a contender with.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I agree, a team will take a chance on his up & down play. I have a feeling his game will be much improved on a team not named NY Rangers, less presure.

Trade Rosie, send Redden down & right out Drurys last 2 years & we are out from under the cap hell.

So we have 4 rookie d, and half of Drury's cap hit for twice the years? How does free cap space make them play better? And if we did have the cap space, it would be spent on free agents that would probably play the same. Unless you wanna put skates on 5 mill and make it play defense......... The Rangers will always stay right at the cap because they can afford to.

Staals Eye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:32 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
I agree. If Rozy was a UFA after this season, somebody would pick him up for the stretch run, but no competing team is going to take on his cap hit for another 2 seasons.

The way hes playing lately, we may not only be able to move him in the offseason, but we may be able to actually get something of value back in return.

The Staal-Roszival tandem has been excellent the past few games
wow. excellent must have a new meaning

excellent.

adjective 1. possessing outstanding quality or superior merit; remarkably good.
2. Archaic. extraordinary; superior. worthy, estimable, choice, fine, first-rate, prime, admirable

rozy is still making gaff after gaff with the puck. hes clueless mostly and although hes been appreciably better lately, hes still weak.

that broken stick shot last night was comical. and he got an assist.

his attempts to not lose his man regularly in the dzone whenever a team establishes even a modicum of downlow cycle are epic fails.

bar
is
officially
lowered

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Apparently when the stick breaks on a shot it is the players fault now. Who knew?

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:06 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Apparently when the stick breaks on a shot it is the players fault now. Who knew?
not his "fault" at all. i said it was comical.

his suckitude had nothing to do with that play. i find it funny he did get an assists though.

hes played better of late, but that still aint sayin much.

Old
12-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:

excellent.

2. Archaic. extraordinary; superior. worthy, estimable, choice, fine, first-rate, prime, admirable

rozy is still making gaff after gaff with the puck. hes clueless mostly and although hes been appreciably better lately, hes still weak.

his attempts to not lose his man regularly in the dzone whenever a team establishes even a modicum of downlow cycle are epic fails.

bar
is
officially
lowered
Damn man i'm not sure what your expecting out of this guy but for the last couple weeks Rozsival has been our best dman. He broke his stick and thats funny? For once this team cought a good break and you find this negative?

Sometimes I question if some of you guys are really fans that want to see the team go somewhere. How anyone could complain what Rozy has brought the last couple weeks is confusing. To me he has taken on the role Torts wanted Redden to take on and that is why we see #6 in the dog house and Rozy getting minutes galore.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

excellent.

bar
is
officially
lowered
LOL, as if your credibility isnt shot enough...

Listen crossbar, you have a well known track record of bizarrely supporting your players you like (Lisin?!), and trashing players you dont (Dubinsky, Roszival). Its your thing, and I hope you continue it, because its quite comical. Because, quite honestly, the players you hate are serviceable, and the ones you like are garbage.

I guess Torts continues to march Rozsival out there for 25 minutes a night because hes weak.

Old
12-22-2009, 12:41 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
LOL, as if your credibility isnt shot enough...

Listen crossbar, you have a well known track record of bizarrely supporting your players you like (Lisin?!), and trashing players you dont (Dubinsky, Roszival). Its your thing, and I hope you continue it, because its quite comical. Because, quite honestly, the players you hate are serviceable, and the ones you like are garbage.

I guess Torts continues to march Rozsival out there for 25 minutes a night because hes weak.
this is a message board einstein. you want credibility, go ready the wall street journal. this place is loaded with opinions and interpretations. what about that dont you understand?

oh how ironic. once rozy has a few "not awful" games in a row, you come back with the "serviceable" thing again. as if that word is a good thing. serviceable.

@ 5 mil per.

no torts marches rozy out there because hes stuck with him....

see:

drury, chris

redden, wade

higgins, christopher

and thats the only reason.