HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rozsival MUST GO

Old
12-22-2009, 11:45 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Damn man i'm not sure what your expecting out of this guy but for the last couple weeks Rozsival has been our best dman. He broke his stick and thats funny? For once this team cought a good break and you find this negative?

Sometimes I question if some of you guys are really fans that want to see the team go somewhere. How anyone could complain what Rozy has brought the last couple weeks is confusing. To me he has taken on the role Torts wanted Redden to take on and that is why we see #6 in the dog house and Rozy getting minutes galore.
we just disagree.

rozy has been awful

i did not agree that wade should have been the one scratched. i would have sent blowzsy. hes been worse. reddens been way better than blowsitall for the whole season. since wades returned from his injury, hes been soft and slow ill agree but rozys only been slightly better for what? 2 games.

sorry. ill take redden over rozy everyday and again on sunday.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:46 AM
McRanger

Rosy has not only been playing better, he has been very good. But thats not really much of a surprise. He has shown in the past when he wants it he can be a great defenseman. The problem is when he gets complacent and goes back to making the same mistakes he was most of this year, and in the past.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:50 AM
SouvenirCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Rosy has not only been playing better, he has been very good. But thats not really much of a surprise. He has shown in the past when he wants it he can be a great defenseman. The problem is when he gets complacent and goes back to making the same mistakes he was most of this year, and in the past.
I think a large portion of Rozy's better play as of late, can be attributed to playing with Staal, rather than Del Zotto. Staalsy stays back, subsequently pinching much less than MDZ, allowing Roszival to feel more comfortable about his offensive game. I think with Rozsi, right now its all about confidence.

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:00 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
I think a large portion of Rozy's better play as of late, can be attributed to playing with Staal, rather than Del Zotto. Staalsy stays back, subsequently pinching much less than MDZ, allowing Roszival to feel more comfortable about his offensive game. I think with Rozsi, right now its all about confidence.
Maybe, actually I am sure that has something to do with it, but there were times they played together in the past where Rosy has played awful. It really just comes down to which Rosy shows up.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 07:06 PM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
MDZ's play hurts his partner. Look at Girardi with a -10,... and yet plays 4 min. a game on the PK, meaning Dan still plays great defensively. Naturally Rosy will play better with Staalzy, but he also plays well with anybody. And I don't think Rosy needs any confidence building. He's a steady vet, who always plays well in his zone. Past the blueline is another story but honestly,.. he's no Marik Malik who needs to be pampered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
It's pretty funny that every second post that tries to speak positively about a Ranger has to start with "salary aside...". When practically every player starts with "salary aside",.....
Salary aside, is strictly reserved for players who were way overpaid. Rosy and Redden got ridiculous contracts. I don't think anyone here,... did not sigh upon hearing these signings. Drury is a different story IMO. Drury had alot more to offer. Leadership, faceoffs, and a desperately needed 2 way centerman who plays in all situations. So the Rangers reached deep into their pockets out of necessity. Can you say Redden or Rosy were necessary signings? Even at a fair value neither were must haves.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I've always been a Rozsival supporter, but I'm inclined to agree with Brooksie.
Yup. That's my position as well. I always liked and defended Rosie, but enough is enough.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Lots of battle in Rozy's game tonight.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:38 PM
TheyareGonnaGO

Great game by Rozy tonight.

TheyareGonnaGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:03 PM
ohbaby

I'm just waiting for someone to mention the goal FLA. scored tonight, when Rosy looked lost.

Had not Dominic Moore blown by MDZ, this point would be moot.

Old
12-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Ice Hockey

this roszival thing is a witch hunt. compared to the other contracts (drury, redden) and how he plays, on average, he's not nearly as bad as a lot of ranger fans make him out to be. we'd be much better off unloading drury or redden.

although at times he makes terrible mistakes, he has played very well for the rangers lately. he's had a lot of fire in his game! not a top priority imo.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
this roszival thing is a witch hunt. compared to the other contracts (drury, redden) and how he plays, on average, he's not nearly as bad as a lot of ranger fans make him out to be. we'd be much better off unloading drury or redden.

although at times he makes terrible mistakes, he has played very well for the rangers lately. he's had a lot of fire in his game! not a top priority imo.
You can't make terrible mistakes when your a defenseman. That's why it takes so much longer to develope defensive prospects. One-Two mistakes like that and you cost your team the lead or the chance to come back in the game. Tonight, I didn't get to watch the game since i'm sick and wasn't going to stay up till 2am again to watch the game. I did just finish watching the highlights and the first goal was Rosi's fault. MDZ played it well. the rebound bounced right in front of Rosy who misses the puck and florida converts. you CANT make those mistakes. This isn't the same Rosy I was used to watching two years ago.

He could have had a great game besides that one play (I only watched the highlights) but that still doesn't make up for the one mistake he made which cost them the go ahead goal. When you rely on your Goalie you can't give the other team an easy goal or two a game or you just won't stay in it. You just can't.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:13 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I did just finish watching the highlights and the first goal was Rosi's fault. MDZ played it well. the rebound bounced right in front of Rosy who misses the puck and florida converts. you CANT make those mistakes. This isn't the same Rosy I was used to watching two years ago.
MDZ played it well? Moore blew right by him, got a good shot on net, leading to a perfect rebound infront.

MDZ was in perfect position to play the man and Moore went right around him. Had he played him properly we wouldn't be talking about Rosy.

Old
12-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
You can't make terrible mistakes when your a defenseman. That's why it takes so much longer to develope defensive prospects. One-Two mistakes like that and you cost your team the lead or the chance to come back in the game. Tonight, I didn't get to watch the game since i'm sick and wasn't going to stay up till 2am again to watch the game. I did just finish watching the highlights and the first goal was Rosi's fault. MDZ played it well. the rebound bounced right in front of Rosy who misses the puck and florida converts. you CANT make those mistakes. This isn't the same Rosy I was used to watching two years ago.

He could have had a great game besides that one play (I only watched the highlights) but that still doesn't make up for the one mistake he made which cost them the go ahead goal. When you rely on your Goalie you can't give the other team an easy goal or two a game or you just won't stay in it. You just can't.
G-funk, man, that first goal was 100% Lundqvist's fault. You cant give up an easy rebound like that in front of the net.

The rebound was on Rozy before he even looked at it. unless he grows a 360 degree peripheral vision he isnt gonna see it.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:38 AM
ohbaby

That puck should have never made it to the net. Moore came in alone while FLA. was going for a change. We had two men back, a 1 on 2. MDZ should have been more aggressive and gone to him once he crossed the blueline, since Rosy was backing him up. Instead he backs up, giving Moore room to make a move to the net. An indecisive rookie mistake.

Old
12-24-2009, 12:53 AM
NYR Lunchbox

wow just wow

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:59 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Unintentional lulz have ensued.

Hahaha, amazing picture.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:05 AM
NYR Lunchbox

he just looks so unconsenting

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
I did just finish watching the highlights and the first goal was Rosi's fault. MDZ played it well. the rebound bounced right in front of Rosy who misses the puck and florida converts.
Just saw the goal and all I can say is "lol".

That goal was 90% DMZ (for playing the man passively and wrong).
9% Lundy for giving up a rebound on a weak (albeit deflected shot).
1% Rosy. Seriously....
Dude had no time to react there, plays like that happen all the time (puck bouncing off legs with too little time for people to react).

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:23 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
MDZ played it well? Moore blew right by him, got a good shot on net, leading to a perfect rebound infront.

MDZ was in perfect position to play the man and Moore went right around him. Had he played him properly we wouldn't be talking about Rosy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
G-funk, man, that first goal was 100% Lundqvist's fault. You cant give up an easy rebound like that in front of the net.

The rebound was on Rozy before he even looked at it. unless he grows a 360 degree peripheral vision he isnt gonna see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Just saw the goal and all I can say is "lol".

That goal was 90% DMZ (for playing the man passively and wrong).
9% Lundy for giving up a rebound on a weak (albeit deflected shot).
1% Rosy. Seriously....
Dude had no time to react there, plays like that happen all the time (puck bouncing off legs with too little time for people to react).

I've watched it a few times now and here is what I got from it.

if MDZ stepped up and missed it's a breakaway. Not to mention that guys much bigger than MDZ so he could have just knocked MDZ down and went right through him so he choice to play positional hockey.. Stay in between the player and the goal and even got a piece of the shot. So, I think he did what he had to do. The guy was coming in with a lot of speed may I add. He forced him to the outside and gave him a terrible shot.

Lundqvist made the save he had to and although he let up a rebound it's next to impossible not to making a save with your blocker while hugging the post (since the guy was going in on a sharp angle thanks to MDZ which is better than giving up a shot in an angle where he has a chance)

Rosival was playing on the other side. He had a chance to wack at it and he missed. Any other D-man on this team would have cleared it to the side. Because he missed the puck the other team scored. No way any goalie is making that save. Not even one of the fastest left to right, right to left goalies in the world (Henrik).

Old
12-24-2009, 02:24 AM
Garfinkel1

I posted for me twice. I'l take this post to say that Rosival picture is Hilarious. It better be on the GDT next week!

Last edited by Garfinkel1: 12-24-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old
12-24-2009, 06:00 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
I've watched it a few times now and here is what I got from it.

if MDZ stepped up and missed it's a breakaway.
I think you should watch it again. Rozy had his back. It would not have been a breakaway. If MDZ stepped up, Moore would have had too slow down or dump the puck, instead of gaining more speed and blowing by him. And even if he got by him which he did anyway, Rosy would have been right there. With MDZ backing up, he effectively took Rosy out of the play, leaving him to protect the net abeit a half a second too late.

Last edited by ohbaby: 12-24-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old
12-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
wow just wow

LMAO!!!!!

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 10:56 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Benching Redden seems to have been the best thing that ever happened to Rozsival. At least one defenseman has woken up.

Perhaps we should change the name of this thread to "Rozsival Can Stay" (for now)

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 11:07 AM
MAYO

How can you guys not blame Rosie for the first goal?!?!?!? He was to afraid to play the puck at center ice knowing that there was a Panther player near him he had to play the puck with his glove. He totally left the puck there which in turned caused the turn over!!!! He plays the puck and takes the hit, there is no florida goal, plaine and simple!!!! And on the back check, his role is to take the second guy coming in, not double team MDZ's player, if MDZ blows the couverage, that's his problem, Rosie should have stayed with the second player!!! He simply SUCKS!!!! Ande how many soft centering passes can you make in one game?

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:59 PM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
How can you guys not blame Rosie for the first goal?!?!?!? He was to afraid to play the puck at center ice knowing that there was a Panther player near him he had to play the puck with his glove. He totally left the puck there which in turned caused the turn over!!!! He plays the puck and takes the hit, there is no florida goal, plaine and simple!!!! And on the back check, his role is to take the second guy coming in, not double team MDZ's player, if MDZ blows the couverage, that's his problem, Rosie should have stayed with the second player!!! He simply SUCKS!!!! Ande how many soft centering passes can you make in one game?
Amazing how so many people see something different on one play.

When Rosy caught the puck at center ice, there was a Panther in his face. 9 out of 10 times the player who has the puck in his hand, will lose control once it is dropped.
Rosy backed up MDZ because there was no second man in. There was only one, while the Rangers had four players in the zone.

Had MDZ stepped up like he was suppose to, the puck doesn't reach the the net and or, doesn't put Rosy out of position. Moore was beating MDZ, so ofcourse Rosy had to shadow him.

Last edited by ohbaby: 12-24-2009 at 08:09 PM.