HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Adult Beginner Goalie Clinics

Old
11-17-2009, 01:11 AM
jcole2

vCash: 500
Adult Beginner Goalie Clinics

I am looking for an adult beginner goalie clinic in the South Shore area of Massachusetts. I would go out and practice at the open stick and puck sessions at the local rinks, but I don't know what I am doing and don't know where to start. I was wondering if anybody knows of any clinics for adult beginners in the area, just to get me started. Thank you in advance for your help.

jcole2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Griff57

http://www.stopitgoaltending.com/

I took 1 private class with john from stop it goaltending when i first started getting into playing goal. while a private lesson is a little pricey, i really feel it was so worth it. he will give you all the basics that you can work on at your open sessions. and he can get you away from any bad habits, that you would probably have as a person just getting into it.if i had to do it all over again, i would do it the same exact way. good luck

Griff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 10:57 PM
DaneJohnsonLaw

If you can't find a clinic, another way to learn is a good book. I like "Hockey Goaltending: Proven Techniques for Dominating the Net" by Brian Daccord, with a forward by John Vanbiesbrouck. It includes a DVD of on-ice footage of key techniques and skills.

Dane J

DaneJohnsonLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 01:42 PM
tomp

Have you looked at www.NESHL.com

I am currently in my second "clinic" as a player. This current session is 20x and we have 10 games and 10 practices. They mix beginners, more advance players and goalies all in the same clinic. It may be a good way to get your start. I am not sure how much Goalie instruction is given as I am not a goalie. But you will be exposed to a lot of shots, 2on 1's and skating drills. I would try to contact Paul who is the head guy at NESHL and see if he would let you go to at least the practices for the remainder of this session. And it is on Tuesday nights from 9:20- 10:20 at umass Boston.

Take care.

tomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:33 PM
jcole2

Thanx tomp. I will check out that session next Tuesday.

jcole2 is offline   Reply With Quote