HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The habs are going to beat the bruins !

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2004, 11:53 PM
  #1
oli500
Registered User
 
oli500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
The habs are going to beat the bruins !

I know im going to take alot of heat for this post, especialy if they dont win but this series is not over tell it's over. If there is one thing this years montreal candien edition has tought me is to never give up on them. So many times after a slump, I fought they wouldent be able to bounce back and that it was all over but also so many times has this team not only been able to bounced back but play better down the road. Its not over tell its over.

oli500 is offline  
Old
04-13-2004, 11:54 PM
  #2
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
of course they will, they are a better team!

VAN-HAB is online now  
Old
04-13-2004, 11:56 PM
  #3
Joseph
Registered User
 
Joseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Nor Cal / Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
of course they will, they are a better team!
I think they can, I am tired of all the negativity. Enjoy our post season, and cheer the team and its players until the end.

Joseph is offline  
Old
04-13-2004, 11:58 PM
  #4
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph
I think they can, I am tired of all the negativity. Enjoy our post season, and cheer the team and its players until the end.
right!

VAN-HAB is online now  
Old
04-13-2004, 11:59 PM
  #5
HFXMooseHabs
Registered User
 
HFXMooseHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
I don't see why you would take heat for having faith in your team.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HFXMooseHabs is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 12:04 AM
  #6
Natural Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Natural Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
I still believe!

GO HABS GO!

Natural Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 12:27 AM
  #7
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,431
vCash: 500
I still beleive but my faith took a major shot tonight. I feel like **** right now after such a heartbreaking loss

Come boys we want GAME 6!!!!

Tuggy is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 12:30 AM
  #8
Razorblade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
With an effort from all the guys, and Theodore playing a little better, there's no reason they can't beat the Bruins in 7. Barring game 1, they've outplayed them, and there's no reason for it to change. Go Habs Go!

Razorblade is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 12:34 AM
  #9
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
I'd totaly agree with all of the above but after hearing the post game comments...

Both Julien and Souray have publicly spoken against Kovalev. Who's been our best player tonight and the main reason why we won game 3 and why it's not 4-0 already. No good can come out of this.

To win the next three games we need :

1. Theodore waking up from this slumber. Which doesn't seem probable to me right now. The guy won't even acknowledge how awful he's been. For him to actually say he's let the team down he'd need to allow 8 softies from the red line with a 7-0 lead for 3 games in a row.

I don't think the habs can play any better than they have tonight and if Theodore can't win the game for us tonight well... will he be able to when the bruins outplay us ?

We have Garon in nets tonight and we win the game there's no doubt about this.

2. They would need to play just as well as tonight with someone stepping up instead of Kovalev because I just can't see him getting all that ice time on thursday going with what Souray and Julien said. I'm so surprised at Julien's comments that I don't even know what to expect anymore. The guy has never bashed one of his player publicly before. I'd not even be surprised to see him scratched.

3. Bégin coming back even better. Doesn't seem very likely since he couldn't even skate properly before tonight's game. Cuz let's face it Perreault is a non-factor out there. He doesn't begin to bring half of what Bégin can bring to the team on the 4th line. And for all of you crying about Perreault taking the faceoffs. Dowd freakin' won it. Stop it with that crap.

4. Playing against both the bruins and the referees. Because obviously with the Kovalev and Ribeiro incident I can't see us getting the good end of the calls ever until the end of the playoffs. A good proof of that is tonight's game. I know you can get away with murder in OT but it was just ridiculous. I mean they nearly teared off Koivu's jaw, there was blood all over the place and still no call.

I could go on ... but we have the everest in front of us to climb with no ropes or pikes or whatever you use when you climb a mountain. Too many controversial things happened around the habs the last couple of days for them to be able to concentrate on the next game. As much as it pains me to say this we're basically done.

Habsolution is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 12:36 AM
  #10
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
With an effort from all the guys, and Theodore playing a little better, there's no reason they can't beat the Bruins in 7. Barring game 1, they've outplayed them, and there's no reason for it to change. Go Habs Go!
That is the problem. There are a lot of reasons for it change. A lot of question marks ?

How is Kovalev gonna react to the Souray's and Julien's comments ?

How is the team gonna react to all the distractions ?

How is Theo going to rebound from his awful performances so far ? Can he ?

Will the players be confident with Theodore's ability to stop the pucks ?

Can we keep this kind of intensity without Bégin ?

Habsolution is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 12:43 AM
  #11
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,337
vCash: 500
I STILL BELIEVE!

GO
HABS
GO!

Bill McNeal is online now  
Old
04-14-2004, 12:44 AM
  #12
nikrag03*
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: India
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
I STILL BELIEVE!

GO
HABS
GO!
I second that.

nikrag03* is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 12:46 AM
  #13
Hubler 77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Alberta
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
I'd totaly agree with all of the above but after hearing the post game comments...

Both Julien and Souray have publicly spoken against Kovalev. Who's been our best player tonight and the main reason why we won game 3 and why it's not 4-0 already. No good can come out of this.

To win the next three games we need :

1. Theodore waking up from this slumber. Which doesn't seem probable to me right now. The guy won't even acknowledge how awful he's been. For him to actually say he's let the team down he'd need to allow 8 softies from the red line with a 7-0 lead for 3 games in a row.

I don't think the habs can play any better than they have tonight and if Theodore can't win the game for us tonight well... will he be able to when the bruins outplay us ?

We have Garon in nets tonight and we win the game there's no doubt about this.

2. They would need to play just as well as tonight with someone stepping up instead of Kovalev because I just can't see him getting all that ice time on thursday going with what Souray and Julien said. I'm so surprised at Julien's comments that I don't even know what to expect anymore. The guy has never bashed one of his player publicly before. I'd not even be surprised to see him scratched.

3. Bégin coming back even better. Doesn't seem very likely since he couldn't even skate properly before tonight's game. Cuz let's face it Perreault is a non-factor out there. He doesn't begin to bring half of what Bégin can bring to the team on the 4th line. And for all of you crying about Perreault taking the faceoffs. Dowd freakin' won it. Stop it with that crap.

4. Playing against both the bruins and the referees. Because obviously with the Kovalev and Ribeiro incident I can't see us getting the good end of the calls ever until the end of the playoffs. A good proof of that is tonight's game. I know you can get away with murder in OT but it was just ridiculous. I mean they nearly teared off Koivu's jaw, there was blood all over the place and still no call.

I could go on ... but we have the everest in front of us to climb with no ropes or pikes or whatever you use when you climb a mountain. Too many controversial things happened around the habs the last couple of days for them to be able to concentrate on the next game. As much as it pains me to say this we're basically done.


While I agree with your last three words, Im wondering how long did it take you to pour all of this into a novel? Really, it took less time for Alexei to tighten up his skates ....really. Why, when in reality all we as Bruin fans are doing are feeding you a little of what youve fed us 22 out of 29 series...we out play your ass and you bounce a couple in and win. Welcome to how many cups. Dick Irvin will pack it in sooner or later and you will move to Syracuse......maybe the NHL is looking to expand to San Juan....then the expos and habs could save more cash sharing charters ......BING....Yvone Lambert kma.


Last edited by Hubler 77: 04-14-2004 at 12:50 AM.
Hubler 77 is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 12:51 AM
  #14
Hubler 77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Alberta
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubler 77
While I agree with your last three words, Im wondering how long did it take you to pour all of this into a novel? Really, it took less time for Alexei to tighten up his skates ....really. Why, when in reality all we as Bruin fans are doing are feeding you a little of what youve fed us 22 out of 29 series...we out play your ass and you bounce a couple in and win. Welcome to how many cups. Dick Irvin will pack it in sooner or later and you will move to Syracuse......maybe the NHL is looking to expand to San Juan....then the expos and habs could save more cash sharing charters ......BING....Yvone Lambert kma.


I agree really.

Hubler 77 is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 12:53 AM
  #15
Hubler 77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Alberta
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubler 77
I agree really.
maybe somebody should phone the b's hotel and tell them the score... right back at you....I'd say ***** but thats not allowed.

Hubler 77 is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 01:00 AM
  #16
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Well I'm with you guys as always! Even if Hubler77 wants to quote himself 3 times...?

chicpea* is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 01:08 AM
  #17
BMRBruins
Registered User
 
BMRBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NH
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,687
vCash: 500
Hubler 77

Easy there, you're borderline trolling. We won the game...enjoy. No need to rub it in.

BMRBruins is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 01:13 AM
  #18
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRBruins
Hubler 77

Easy there, you're borderline trolling. We won the game...enjoy. No need to rub it in.
If that's borderline trolling I don't want to see real trolling.

Hubler 77 I hope you get banned.

Habsolution is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 01:18 AM
  #19
KOMO_ROCKS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Richmond, B.C
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Souray and Julien definately made their comments against Kovalev very clear.....CANT STOP PLAYING REGARDLESS OF WHAT SLASH YOU TOOK TO THE HAND. Souray sure sounded like Kovalev should have not given up on the play and have at least got the puck out....right when i thought things were looking good and Kovalev was on his game

KOMO_ROCKS is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 01:20 AM
  #20
KOMO_ROCKS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Richmond, B.C
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
If that's borderline trolling I don't want to see real trolling.

Hubler 77 I hope you get banned.
Might be a good time to report him

KOMO_ROCKS is offline  
Old
04-14-2004, 01:23 AM
  #21
Hubler 77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Alberta
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
If that's borderline trolling I don't want to see real trolling.

Hubler 77 I hope you get banned.

Your right, my apologies, I spent the night in the pub...with a few a Hab friends and lets just say 22 out of 29 times I have nothing to say. They were all over me tonight.

My honest and sympathetic apologies to all hockey fans Habs and B's espesh. No disrespect intended.

I vented a little...with a little too much diesel in the tank. Great game, just nice to have a goalie for the first time in thirty years.

Good hockey too all.

Hubler 77 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.