HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The habs are going to beat the bruins !

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 11:53 PM
oli500

vCash: 500
The habs are going to beat the bruins !

I know im going to take alot of heat for this post, especialy if they dont win but this series is not over tell it's over. If there is one thing this years montreal candien edition has tought me is to never give up on them. So many times after a slump, I fought they wouldent be able to bounce back and that it was all over but also so many times has this team not only been able to bounced back but play better down the road. Its not over tell its over.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:54 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

of course they will, they are a better team!

Old
04-13-2004, 11:56 PM
Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
of course they will, they are a better team!
I think they can, I am tired of all the negativity. Enjoy our post season, and cheer the team and its players until the end.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:58 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph
I think they can, I am tired of all the negativity. Enjoy our post season, and cheer the team and its players until the end.
right!

Old
04-13-2004, 11:59 PM
HFXMooseHabs

I don't see why you would take heat for having faith in your team.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Natural Habs Fan

I still believe!

GO HABS GO!

Old
04-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Tuggy

I still beleive but my faith took a major shot tonight. I feel like **** right now after such a heartbreaking loss

Come boys we want GAME 6!!!!

Old
04-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Razorblade

With an effort from all the guys, and Theodore playing a little better, there's no reason they can't beat the Bruins in 7. Barring game 1, they've outplayed them, and there's no reason for it to change. Go Habs Go!

Old
04-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Habsolution

I'd totaly agree with all of the above but after hearing the post game comments...

Both Julien and Souray have publicly spoken against Kovalev. Who's been our best player tonight and the main reason why we won game 3 and why it's not 4-0 already. No good can come out of this.

To win the next three games we need :

1. Theodore waking up from this slumber. Which doesn't seem probable to me right now. The guy won't even acknowledge how awful he's been. For him to actually say he's let the team down he'd need to allow 8 softies from the red line with a 7-0 lead for 3 games in a row.

I don't think the habs can play any better than they have tonight and if Theodore can't win the game for us tonight well... will he be able to when the bruins outplay us ?

We have Garon in nets tonight and we win the game there's no doubt about this.

2. They would need to play just as well as tonight with someone stepping up instead of Kovalev because I just can't see him getting all that ice time on thursday going with what Souray and Julien said. I'm so surprised at Julien's comments that I don't even know what to expect anymore. The guy has never bashed one of his player publicly before. I'd not even be surprised to see him scratched.

3. Bégin coming back even better. Doesn't seem very likely since he couldn't even skate properly before tonight's game. Cuz let's face it Perreault is a non-factor out there. He doesn't begin to bring half of what Bégin can bring to the team on the 4th line. And for all of you crying about Perreault taking the faceoffs. Dowd freakin' won it. Stop it with that crap.

4. Playing against both the bruins and the referees. Because obviously with the Kovalev and Ribeiro incident I can't see us getting the good end of the calls ever until the end of the playoffs. A good proof of that is tonight's game. I know you can get away with murder in OT but it was just ridiculous. I mean they nearly teared off Koivu's jaw, there was blood all over the place and still no call.

I could go on ... but we have the everest in front of us to climb with no ropes or pikes or whatever you use when you climb a mountain. Too many controversial things happened around the habs the last couple of days for them to be able to concentrate on the next game. As much as it pains me to say this we're basically done.

Old
04-14-2004, 12:36 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
With an effort from all the guys, and Theodore playing a little better, there's no reason they can't beat the Bruins in 7. Barring game 1, they've outplayed them, and there's no reason for it to change. Go Habs Go!
That is the problem. There are a lot of reasons for it change. A lot of question marks ?

How is Kovalev gonna react to the Souray's and Julien's comments ?

How is the team gonna react to all the distractions ?

How is Theo going to rebound from his awful performances so far ? Can he ?

Will the players be confident with Theodore's ability to stop the pucks ?

Can we keep this kind of intensity without Bégin ?

Old
04-14-2004, 12:43 AM
Bill McNeal

I STILL BELIEVE!

GO
HABS
GO!

Old
04-14-2004, 12:44 AM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
I STILL BELIEVE!

GO
HABS
GO!
I second that.

Old
04-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Hubler 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
I'd totaly agree with all of the above but after hearing the post game comments...

Both Julien and Souray have publicly spoken against Kovalev. Who's been our best player tonight and the main reason why we won game 3 and why it's not 4-0 already. No good can come out of this.

To win the next three games we need :

1. Theodore waking up from this slumber. Which doesn't seem probable to me right now. The guy won't even acknowledge how awful he's been. For him to actually say he's let the team down he'd need to allow 8 softies from the red line with a 7-0 lead for 3 games in a row.

I don't think the habs can play any better than they have tonight and if Theodore can't win the game for us tonight well... will he be able to when the bruins outplay us ?

We have Garon in nets tonight and we win the game there's no doubt about this.

2. They would need to play just as well as tonight with someone stepping up instead of Kovalev because I just can't see him getting all that ice time on thursday going with what Souray and Julien said. I'm so surprised at Julien's comments that I don't even know what to expect anymore. The guy has never bashed one of his player publicly before. I'd not even be surprised to see him scratched.

3. Bégin coming back even better. Doesn't seem very likely since he couldn't even skate properly before tonight's game. Cuz let's face it Perreault is a non-factor out there. He doesn't begin to bring half of what Bégin can bring to the team on the 4th line. And for all of you crying about Perreault taking the faceoffs. Dowd freakin' won it. Stop it with that crap.

4. Playing against both the bruins and the referees. Because obviously with the Kovalev and Ribeiro incident I can't see us getting the good end of the calls ever until the end of the playoffs. A good proof of that is tonight's game. I know you can get away with murder in OT but it was just ridiculous. I mean they nearly teared off Koivu's jaw, there was blood all over the place and still no call.

I could go on ... but we have the everest in front of us to climb with no ropes or pikes or whatever you use when you climb a mountain. Too many controversial things happened around the habs the last couple of days for them to be able to concentrate on the next game. As much as it pains me to say this we're basically done.

While I agree with your last three words, Im wondering how long did it take you to pour all of this into a novel? Really, it took less time for Alexei to tighten up his skates ....really. Why, when in reality all we as Bruin fans are doing are feeding you a little of what youve fed us 22 out of 29 series...we out play your ass and you bounce a couple in and win. Welcome to how many cups. Dick Irvin will pack it in sooner or later and you will move to Syracuse......maybe the NHL is looking to expand to San Juan....then the expos and habs could save more cash sharing charters ......BING....Yvone Lambert kma.

Last edited by Hubler 77: 04-14-2004 at 12:50 AM.
Old
04-14-2004, 12:51 AM
Hubler 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubler 77
While I agree with your last three words, Im wondering how long did it take you to pour all of this into a novel? Really, it took less time for Alexei to tighten up his skates ....really. Why, when in reality all we as Bruin fans are doing are feeding you a little of what youve fed us 22 out of 29 series...we out play your ass and you bounce a couple in and win. Welcome to how many cups. Dick Irvin will pack it in sooner or later and you will move to Syracuse......maybe the NHL is looking to expand to San Juan....then the expos and habs could save more cash sharing charters ......BING....Yvone Lambert kma.

I agree really.

Old
04-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Hubler 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubler 77
I agree really.
maybe somebody should phone the b's hotel and tell them the score... right back at you....I'd say ***** but thats not allowed.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:00 AM
chicpea*

Well I'm with you guys as always! Even if Hubler77 wants to quote himself 3 times...?

Old
04-14-2004, 01:08 AM
BMRBruins

Hubler 77

Easy there, you're borderline trolling. We won the game...enjoy. No need to rub it in.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:13 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRBruins
Hubler 77

Easy there, you're borderline trolling. We won the game...enjoy. No need to rub it in.
If that's borderline trolling I don't want to see real trolling.

Hubler 77 I hope you get banned.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:18 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Souray and Julien definately made their comments against Kovalev very clear.....CANT STOP PLAYING REGARDLESS OF WHAT SLASH YOU TOOK TO THE HAND. Souray sure sounded like Kovalev should have not given up on the play and have at least got the puck out....right when i thought things were looking good and Kovalev was on his game

Old
04-14-2004, 01:20 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:

Might be a good time to report him

Old
04-14-2004, 01:23 AM
Hubler 77

Quote:

Your right, my apologies, I spent the night in the pub...with a few a Hab friends and lets just say 22 out of 29 times I have nothing to say. They were all over me tonight.

My honest and sympathetic apologies to all hockey fans Habs and B's espesh. No disrespect intended.

I vented a little...with a little too much diesel in the tank. Great game, just nice to have a goalie for the first time in thirty years.

Good hockey too all.

Closed Thread