HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Chemistry

Old
11-20-2009, 03:35 AM
AllNYteams

vCash: 500
Team Chemistry

Enforcers are usually loved by their teammates, but the Rangers seem to careless about Brashear. He was supposed to be a big locker room guy, but that's one more role he isn't filling. A Caps fan who attended Tuesday's game blogged on Jasper's Rink that Brashear looked out of place and that he was just an afterthought on the bench. I have noticed that too. Is it just me or does it seem that Brashear doesn't fit in w the Rangers?
It seems the Rangers, in general, are lacking team chemistry. With the likes of Torts, Avery, and Brashear are big egos hurting the team?

AllNYteams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 05:14 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
This is an extremely close nit team, and sadly, the enforcer that the team loves is not Brashear, it's Voros. Voros is always brought up by players as a great locker room guy.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 05:19 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
This is an extremely close nit team, and sadly, the enforcer that the team loves is not Brashear, it's Voros. Voros is always brought up by players as a great locker room guy.
Well can you blame them?

Voros : bloodied a player
Brashear : bloodied by a player.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 05:27 AM
Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
Well can you blame them?

Voros : bloodied a player
Brashear : bloodied by a player.
Let's face it, that's not always the way of it.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Blueblood 2

This team has great chemistry. Some of it is due to Torts. There are no underperforming favorites anymore. Brashere and Avery do seem a bit distant at this point but that is only thrugh body language type observation. No factual reason to believe that they are not great team mates. So called chemistry problems don't usually appear when you are winning. Time will tell.

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 08:06 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
This team has great chemistry. Some of it is due to Torts. There are no underperforming favorites anymore. Brashere and Avery do seem a bit distant at this point but that is only thrugh body language type observation. No factual reason to believe that they are not great team mates. So called chemistry problems don't usually appear when you are winning. Time will tell.
Are we watching the same team here? They may have close personal chemistry, but I haven't seen it translate to the on ice product for weeks. And I'm not sure what you're talking about with "under-performing favorites," as 3/4 of the team seem to be under-performing.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 08:37 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:

hahaha am i misunderstanding the meaning of team chemistry?
ordinarily teams that have team chemistry stick up for one another...not happening here at all.
usually good team chemistry results in cohesive play in all 3 zones, DEFINATELY not happening either. so where exactly is this team chemistry you speak of?

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 08:44 AM
AllNYteams

I still think Brashear looks detached/aloof. It's like he is not even playing on the same team. And when have you ever seen any of them stick up for Avery or any other teammate for that matter? Only a few play cohesively on the ice.

AllNYteams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 08:53 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
hahaha am i misunderstanding the meaning of team chemistry?
ordinarily teams that have team chemistry stick up for one another...not happening here at all.
usually good team chemistry results in cohesive play in all 3 zones, DEFINATELY not happening either. so where exactly is this team chemistry you speak of?
Yeah I'm a little confused myself.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

I think this should be renamed "team comradery"

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 09:24 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35 View Post
I think this should be renamed "team comradery"
There you go.

Team chemistry tends to translate on the ice and usually results in wins. Not seeing that.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 09:27 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

How do any of us know if the team chemistry is good or bad?

All we see are the games and interviews of individual players - with the occasional group forum. We'll learn more about this team as the year moves on, and how theyll have to handle adversity.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
How do any of us know if the team chemistry is good or bad?

All we see are the games and interviews of individual players - with the occasional group forum. We'll learn more about this team as the year moves on, and how theyll have to handle adversity.
team chemistry isnt some mythical creature, its relatively easy to diagnose whether a team has good chemistry or not. When guys are getting cheap shotted all over the ice without recourse, check one in the bad team chemistry department. When guys are missing reads all over th ice thinking thier partner would be covering, another check in bad team chemistry. When only 1 line can generate any offensive threat, yet another.
But hey maybe they all laugh at each others jokes and enjoy eating team meals with each other

Old
11-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Friendship off the ice is fine, but for whatever reason, it's not translating on the ice -- at least for the most part.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
This post makes me question if you've watched 1 game this whole season. No underperformer? Great chemistry?? What???

The fundamental problem with this team is they are not playing with the same type of fiery mentality as their head coach. In fact, the message from the coach and the product on the ice seem to be polar opposites, especially when it comes to toughness. Thats troubling to say the least.

When it comes to chemistry between players on the ice, the Prospal-Gaborik tandem has been dynamic. Del Zotto/Kotalik have been good on the powerplay points. And Gilroy/Redden has been an OK defensive pairing. Thats really it. This team is littered with underperformers.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Really Goose????

"an extremely close nit team?"

I can't agree with that at all, in fact...Judging by the reactions of this team on the ice to particular incidents, it's exactly the opposite. At least to me, judging by thier actions that seems to be the case. This club rarely ever sticks up for one another on the ice. Two two most important players on your team should be your goalie and your captain. With that, the captain has already been cheapshotted and is out of the lineup with a concussion. All of which withough any retaliation. One of the most disgusting incidents I have ever seen. Plus...your other most valuable asset has been run on a nightly basis. Nobody to date has done a single thing about it. So Goose, how is this such a close nit group? Close nit groups stsand up for one another no matter what. This group may be close in the sense that they party together after a game and will be seen in Manhattan together and all. But again, actions on the ice should speak alot louder than than actions, and or words off the ice. Ryan Callahan gets drileed from behind by Bogosian. He get sup to see not one member of the team even looked at Bogo the wrong way, so heis forced into a Davey and Goliath matchup to defend himself. Where were his friends in that one?

94 was anextremely close nit team. At the time, those guys were always out together. Always talking each other up in interviews, etc. But...If one member of the opposition so much as looked at Brian Leetch the wrong way, Jeff Beukeboom was on him like white on rice. If someone ran Mike Richter, Jay Wells would immediately have the mitts off trying to pummel you. God forbid, anyone took a run at Messier, Graves would turn into a caged animal. Even the lesser players were involved on a regular basis. Guy like Matteau stood up for guys like Larmer. The we won't get puched around" message trickled down the ranks to every member of that team.

On this team...Not so much. Hell, not at all. This is a huge problem, and I don't think there is a simple solution to it.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I haven't seen any evidence that this team is "extremely close-nit". I'm not saying that they're not close-nit, but what makes anyone think they're exceptionally close?

I thought the most telling part of Theo Fleury's interview with The Mouth that was posted here the other day was when Fleury described the disconnect between the players on the Rangers while he was here. He said that the older guys all lived in the suburbs, while the younger guys all lived in Manhattan, which meant that they spent very little time off the ice together as compared to his teams in Calgary.

I'm not saying that this is still the case, but it does show that there are added obstacles to forming tight team bonds in the New York area as compared to a team in a smaller city.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 12:00 PM
NY Ranger86

voros? enforcer? ha!

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Garfinkel1

The only chemistry i have seen on the rangers since the 05 season was that Dubi-Z line and I think that was short lived and to a lesser extent.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
The only chemistry i have seen on the rangers since the 05 season was that Dubi-Z line and I think that was short lived and to a lesser extent.
Straka-Nylander-Jagr say hello.

Old
11-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Captain Monglobster

Speaking of team chemistry, Carpinello reported that Kotalik has been moved to the LW from RW on the Prospal-Gaborik line.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2009/1...w-no-1-winger/

Am I the only one that finds it surprising that in this LW revolving door on the first line that Higgins hasn't been tried?

He has more skill than Lisin/Kotalik/almost any other forward, and playing with two consistent point producers may help him find his scoring game.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
Speaking of team chemistry, Carpinello reported that Kotalik has been moved to the LW from RW on the Prospal-Gaborik line.

Am I the only one that finds it surprising that in this LW revolving door on the first line that Higgins hasn't been tried?

He has more skill than Lisin/Kotalik/almost any other forward, and playing with two consistent point producers may help him find his scoring game.
Id say Kotalik deserves it more than Higgins at this point.

Old
11-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Id say Kotalik deserves it more than Higgins at this point.
Based on points no doubt, but I think Higgins has more of an impact on the forecheck and with creating turnovers 5 on 5. A lot of Kotalik's points are secondary assists also.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 12:45 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Based on points no doubt, but I think Higgins has more of an impact on the forecheck and with creating turnovers 5 on 5. A lot of Kotalik's points are secondary assists also.
I agree, but they need Higgins at center right now. Hes gone 13-16 and thats almost as good as Anisimov's %.

This team is terrible on the dot btw.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:

did you really just say higgins has more skill that kotalik or almost any other forward?
wow really? this thread is just getting out of control ahaha. The rangers need to play pronto of for no other reason to remind the fans that A) theres o chemistry, B) theyre not a close knit group and C) HIGGINS SUCKS!