HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 10 HF Flyers Board Team: You Can't Do That (Part IV)

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2010, 12:04 PM
buckwildtimothy

vCash: 500
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Acheivements for NHL11.

Custom Jerseys and Monthly Playoffs for EASHL

Old
08-12-2010, 12:18 PM
agrudez*

I can't really tell if you guys are just incredibly hard to get a hold of or if I am getting ignored? I have tried getting in contact with 2/3 people you mentioned I should and haven't heard back from either (I think JStaff tried to join my party one night, but my Xbox froze)

I would much prefer to play with you guys as I feel like I already know (and like) half of you from these boards, but if there is no interest in having a steady goalie on your team then I have little doubt a top 200 club won't want a .9 SVPCT and 1.6 GAA goalie on their team who can double as one of their better skaters as well, so you don't have to feel bad about not wanting to give me a shot if that is your prerogative.

Like I mentioned, I would like to primarily play goal, but I am not an idiot, if you don't have 2F and 2D on then I will likely play as a skater.

Skater strengths:

-very defensively responsible, I use my stick well to break up passes and disrupt rushes, rarely go for a hit unless I am clearing the crease (which, as a goalie first, I feel is a dman's first priority).

-very good passer with exceptional ice vision who can see a play develop before it actually does

-I have been characterized as the smartest player on the ice on both clubs I have played for (D2 (F, G) and D1 (G, D) teams in '09), I rarely take miscalculated chances and rarely am ever caught out of position.

Skater weaknesses:

-bad forechecker, too defensive minded and will instinctively backcheck most times

-mediocre scorer, there is a reason in '09 I average almost 2A a game and less than 1G a game

With school, work and a girlfriend I doubt I will be as hardcore as in '09(1000+ games), but I certainly will be more active than I was in '10 (100ish games), most likely wanting to play 2-4 nights a week for a few hours at a time.

Since you are so hard to contact on Xbox you can feel free to PM me here, if you want.

Old
08-12-2010, 12:39 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I can't really tell if you guys are just incredibly hard to get a hold of or if I am getting ignored? I have tried getting in contact with 2/3 people you mentioned I should and haven't heard back from either (I think JStaff tried to join my party one night, but my Xbox froze)

I would much prefer to play with you guys as I feel like I already know (and like) half of you from these boards, but if there is no interest in having a steady goalie on your team then I have little doubt a top 200 club won't want a .9 SVPCT and 1.6 GAA goalie on their team who can double as one of their better skaters as well, so you don't have to feel bad about not wanting to give me a shot if that is your prerogative.

Like I mentioned, I would like to primarily play goal, but I am not an idiot, if you don't have 2F and 2D on then I will likely play as a skater.

Skater strengths:

-very defensively responsible, I use my stick well to break up passes and disrupt rushes, rarely go for a hit unless I am clearing the crease (which, as a goalie first, I feel is a dman's first priority).

-very good passer with exceptional ice vision who can see a play develop before it actually does

-I have been characterized as the smartest player on the ice on both clubs I have played for (D2 (F, G) and D1 (G, D) teams in '09), I rarely take miscalculated chances and rarely am ever caught out of position.

Skater weaknesses:

-bad forechecker, too defensive minded and will instinctively backcheck most times

-mediocre scorer, there is a reason in '09 I average almost 2A a game and less than 1G a game

With school, work and a girlfriend I doubt I will be as hardcore as in '09(1000+ games), but I certainly will be more active than I was in '10 (100ish games), most likely wanting to play 2-4 nights a week for a few hours at a time.

Since you are so hard to contact on Xbox you can feel free to PM me here, if you want.
It isn't intentional. I tried joining your party the other night but then had to get off. Last night we were battling Penny Arcade because they challenged us 5v5. I can't say the same for Irish, he should have answered you.

From the sounds of things your fine to join as a trial member, you dont have to try out. In a week or two of you playing with us I take votes on if you should stay or leave.

Once again, its more about getting along with everyone and not talking alot in the beginning. Pretty much cause the mic convo is already crazy enough without having someone be annoying as ****.

Old
08-12-2010, 12:48 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfield85 View Post
Yea, we even discussed that after the game. We usually do use the points (I am RD), but for some reason we have been playing like garbage lately.

And I am one who punishes in front of the net, but seemed to be off my game. I am pretty sure one of the goal I went to hit your guy and it either didn't register the hit on your player or I just missed. The other goal I hit him and it flew into the net.

From what I can remember, it just seemed like people ran away from their positions. I would be in the right corner, keeping whoever to the boards, and then two other players would come in, leaving the points wide open.

Either way, the games should've been closer. Damn open nets and posts. Oh well. Like the slogan on the Flyers forum: What can you do?
It was a good game. Our team is just used to playing with each other, and it showed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwildtimothy View Post
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Acheivements for NHL11.

Custom Jerseys and Monthly Playoffs for EASHL
Yep. The team was hesitant about custom jerseys considering all the wonderful people who seem to always pick dark against dark so one team quits out.

Quote:

Skater strengths:

Skater weaknesses:

Sorry man. **** is busy right now. I'm working full-time and finishing up a summer class.

I have been pulling with the team trying to get you a tryout at least. I like that you are a good goalie. I feel like we will have tons of situations where we will go from having 8 split to 2 teams of 4, then quickly have 2 people leave and switch to a team of 6. If you are a good defender, you have my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
It isn't intentional. I tried joining your party the other night but then had to get off. Last night we were battling Penny Arcade because they challenged us 5v5. I can't say the same for Irish, he should have answered you.

From the sounds of things your fine to join as a trial member, you dont have to try out. In a week or two of you playing with us I take votes on if you should stay or leave.

Once again, its more about getting along with everyone and not talking alot in the beginning. Pretty much cause the mic convo is already crazy enough without having someone be annoying as ****.
I ignored him once to watch LOST. That show is addicting, my bad! Other then that, I haven't been on.

Old
08-12-2010, 12:51 PM
buckwildtimothy

agrudez I'll add you on xbox live

Unlike most of the other guys on the team I got plenty of time on my hands. Im on almost every night. We can get some otp games in and if anyone else from the squad is on.

btw GT: AdamStager

Old
08-12-2010, 12:56 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

Sorry man. **** is busy right now. I'm working full-time and finishing up a summer class.
No worries, I just didn't want you to have to feel bad about turning me down since I know I saw alot of hesitation about having a goalie in prior posts. As a recruiter for a top team I know what it is like to be annoyed by someone you have little to no interest in and you just end up ignoring them, haha.

Quote:
I ignored him once to watch LOST. That show is addicting, my bad! Other then that, I haven't been on.
You must not be past season 2 then.

Old
08-12-2010, 01:10 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
No worries, I just didn't want you to have to feel bad about turning me down since I know I saw alot of hesitation about having a goalie in prior posts. As a recruiter for a top team I know what it is like to be annoyed by someone you have little to no interest in and you just end up ignoring them, haha.

You must not be past season 2 then.
I want to give you a shot personally. I was just unsure what the consensus was, so I decided to wait to get back to you. Looks like you are getting a trial membership, so that's good. We can still 1v1 at some point if you would like.

I have Netflix and I use my XBox for more then just gaming, so when I'm watching movies I dont always feel like quiting them to jump on NHL. Not your fault, I usually put up away or appear offline and forgot to do it.

I'm on Season 6 of LOST

and I'm lost.

Old
08-12-2010, 01:13 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
I'm on Season 6 of LOST

and I'm lost.
Prepare yourself now to not have anything answered, ever. I can tell you what the final episode actually meant when you are done with it, though.

Old
08-12-2010, 01:39 PM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubey1327 View Post
I felt we played just ok, and we had a defender as our RW. Yeah well, not too bad for not playing together in a couple months i guess.

Your defenders def have to get more involved on offense. But personally I feel we may be in the top 3 teams of being able to rotate in the zone utilize our defenders on offense. STAGER SLAPPER
I thought i did better the second game then i did the first.... it does take some time to get used to where Jev's going and what he does with the puck, etc etc. I am however a forchecking/backchecking machine.

Old
08-12-2010, 01:43 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
I thought i did better the second game then i did the first.... it does take some time to get used to where Jev's going and what he does with the puck, etc etc. I am however a forchecking/backchecking machine.
I'm starting to think I dont have much of a method to my madness. But I think that is why I'm so effective when playing a series. Try and stop my one move, i'll just do something else etc

Old
08-12-2010, 01:54 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Yep. The team was hesitant about custom jerseys considering all the wonderful people who seem to always pick dark against dark so one team quits out.
I'm surprised they haven't come up with a fix to this.

When having a custom jersey, have a light and a dark. Restrict certain colors to each for the "main color" (yellow/white for light, red/blue/black for dark, etc). Whichever team gets picked in a game as the "home" team gets to choose jersey. Other team automatically gets the other (home picks dark, away auto gets white).

That's my idea, I'm sure they thought of something good or have something in mind for NHL 12.

Irish if you pass my idea to them I want you and me in the NHL 12 credits. Make it happen.

Old
08-12-2010, 02:02 PM
JSTAFF

Irish are the jerseys custom like I pick the colors and designs? Or are they "custom" in terms of a few choices you can select from.

Old
08-12-2010, 02:15 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Prepare yourself now to not have anything answered, ever. I can tell you what the final episode actually meant when you are done with it, though.
Haha, yeah, that's what I heard. This show is awesome, but it's darn confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
Jev goes where Jev goes. I have played with him a lot the past 2 years as a forward, and I still don't know where he will go. He reads and reacts to the situation and tries new stuff all the time without warning.

How I deal with it? Park myself in front of the net knowing Jev will get me the puck eventually.

Quote:
I'm starting to think I dont have much of a method to my madness. But I think that is why I'm so effective when playing a series. Try and stop my one move, i'll just do something else etc
You don't. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I'm surprised they haven't come up with a fix to this.

When having a custom jersey, have a light and a dark. Restrict certain colors to each for the "main color" (yellow/white for light, red/blue/black for dark, etc). Whichever team gets picked in a game as the "home" team gets to choose jersey. Other team automatically gets the other (home picks dark, away auto gets white).

That's my idea, I'm sure they thought of something good or have something in mind for NHL 12.

Irish if you pass my idea to them I want you and me in the NHL 12 credits. Make it happen.
I don't know if my name will be in the credits. Probably not. lol.

Quote:
Irish are the jerseys custom like I pick the colors and designs? Or are they "custom" in terms of a few choices you can select from.
Jerseys are a few simple templates and you pick the colors, much like what is already in NHL 09 or NHL 10. The logo's are not custom though, you have to pick one.

Old
08-12-2010, 02:19 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Haha, yeah, that's what I heard. This show is awesome, but it's darn confusing.

Jev goes where Jev goes. I have played with him a lot the past 2 years as a forward, and I still don't know where he will go. He reads and reacts to the situation and tries new stuff all the time without warning.

How I deal with it? Park myself in front of the net knowing Jev will get me the puck eventually.

You don't. lol

I don't know if my name will be in the credits. Probably not. lol.

Jerseys are a few simple templates and you pick the colors, much like what is already in NHL 09 or NHL 10. The logo's are not custom though, you have to pick one.
How gay are they from a 1-10? I like the idea of a custom jersey but I wish you could put ur own logo on there. like "CDT" etc.

Old
08-12-2010, 02:24 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
How gay are they from a 1-10? I like the idea of a custom jersey but I wish you could put ur own logo on there. like "CDT" etc.
Well, it's not mind-blowing stuff (see Create-A-Team mode) and I know some teams are going to do stupid stuff with it, so I would have to say it could very well end up looking as stupid as clown gear, without the gear.

Old
08-12-2010, 02:25 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
I'm assuming if they have letter logos they'll be one letter. Otherwise you could get creative with 3 or 4 letter words to put on your jersey.

Old
08-12-2010, 03:06 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Well, it's not mind-blowing stuff (see Create-A-Team mode) and I know some teams are going to do stupid stuff with it, so I would have to say it could very well end up looking as stupid as clown gear, without the gear.
Any clue how playoffs work for EASHL? Also is EA smart enough to schedule the games seperately for playoffs for the UHL and EASHL? I mean I guess it's tough to get in both for one month, but it would still be kinda funny if you then had to choose since they were at the same time.

Old
08-12-2010, 03:09 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Any clue how playoffs work for EASHL? Also is EA smart enough to schedule the games seperately for playoffs for the UHL and EASHL? I mean I guess it's tough to get in both for one month, but it would still be kinda funny if you then had to choose since they were at the same time.
Monthly playoffs is ****ing ********. Man I wish I could've been at that community event. I would **** right on everyone of them developers.

Old
08-12-2010, 03:09 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I have no idea. They didn't let us online at all.

Old
08-12-2010, 03:52 PM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
You really don't have any method, that was the thing... i would try to anticipate, but just ended up just sitting back post and getting out of the way ot the SS. Then I would board someone when the puck went the other way. Pretty much my game.

Old
08-12-2010, 06:09 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Monthly playoffs is ****ing ********. Man I wish I could've been at that community event. I would **** right on everyone of them developers.
I'm not a fan of monthly, but I think having like 2 or 3 seasons would have been cool. Monthly is too much of a grind, but at least there are playoffs so if you can get yourself into the top 8 or 16 (presumably) you have a much better chance then this year where if you want to win a month you need 400 wins in 30 days.

Old
08-13-2010, 02:13 AM
redfield85

Send a message via AIM to redfield85
Hey, Irish, I am sure it has been asked before, but how did you get to attend the community event?

Also, a thing I would've loved to ask them is why, for two games, haven't they fixed online leagues? They have it set to have shootouts in the playoffs and don't let us change it. So frustrating when holding an online league, especially when playoff series have been decided that way for us.

And why can't they have an option to re-play games at the commissioners discretion? People get dropped from games and are SOL.

/rant

Haha.

Old
08-13-2010, 02:25 AM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Start a new thread boys, we're pretty much maxed out here.

Closed Thread