HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Eberle emergency call up?

Old
11-21-2009, 11:22 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgson View Post
Eberle would spark this team, it should be tried
For the Oilers to call him up they would need like 10 more injuries. It sure seems like they are trying to get enough injuries to call him up.

Maybe they could use him as a backup goalie and dress him as the 6th skater.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Dabomb

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300004

The Kings have signed Braydon Schenn for tonight against Vancouver on a one game amateur tryout on "emergency basis".

How does this emergency basis rule work? How can the Kings be able to call up Schenn and the Oilers, even with all our injuries.. can't call up Eberle?

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post

The Kings have signed Braydon Schenn for tonight against Vancouver on a one game amateur tryout on "emergency basis".

How does this emergency basis rule work? How can the Kings be able to call up Schenn and the Oilers, even with all our injuries.. can't call up Eberle?
Maybe their farm team is depleted? Or its an American team and the nhl looks the other way.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:

Because the NHL hates the Oilers. The Oilers had injuries and the flu/H1N1 Virus and couldn't get a player up in time for a game but the NHL said it was't considered an emergency. Hemsky had to come back early from the flu and I believe Comrie had to play despite the flu but the stupid NHL said it wasn't an emergency. Yet the Kings are allowed to do this. Double standard by the NHL again. The NHL is becoming a joke.

11-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Maybe their farm team is depleted? Or its an American team and the nhl looks the other way.
I'd say it's because Los Angeles is an American team and the NHL will look the other way.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 05:43 PM
dubya

Quote:

Do you even know if the Oilers ASKED?

dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:

Interesting. I wonder if they do sign him to an entry level deal if it will change the criteria for having him up until Stoll returns?

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 05:45 PM
MugRunchability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Because the NHL hates the Oilers. The Oilers had injuries and the flu/H1N1 Virus and couldn't get a player up in time for a game but the NHL said it was't considered an emergency. Hemsky had to come back early from the flu and I believe Comrie had to play despite the flu but the stupid NHL said it wasn't an emergency. Yet the Kings are allowed to do this. Double standard by the NHL again. The NHL is becoming a joke.
God, you're consistent.

MugRunchability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubya View Post
Do you even know if the Oilers ASKED?
They did ask when they were struggling with the flu and injuries but the NHL said no.

Old
11-26-2009, 05:46 PM
dubya

Quote:
They did ask when they were struggling with the flu and injuries but the NHL said no.
Link?

dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubya View Post
Link?
There is no link but it was mentioned on the radio.

Old
11-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Soli
"Punish & Enslave"

Maybe it's cause Eberle is already signed to an entry level deal while Schenn was (and if I understand correctly, still is) an unsigned prospect.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
There is no link but it was mentioned on the radio.
What show was that?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 06:13 PM
oilers89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Maybe it's cause Eberle is already signed to an entry level deal while Schenn was (and if I understand correctly, still is) an unsigned prospect.
your right

the kings signed Shenn to a one game ameture tryout . There allowed to do so because he has not signed his entry level contract yet..

oilers89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What show was that?
Prior to the back2back games, the Oilers tried getting a couple of games postponed because more than half the team was either injured or had the flu. The NHL denied them. They then asked the NHL to allow them to call up Eberle on a "emergency basis" and the NHL said no. Yet somehow the Kings are allowed to call up Schenn on an "emergency basis". Why did the NHL turn a blind eye when the Kings asked for an "emergency basis"?

Old
11-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Fiddie

Quote:
What show was that?
I'll second it, i believe it was Oilers lunch it was mentioned on but i heard it as well.

Fiddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Perfect_Drug

It's simply not in the NHL's best interest to have a hockey team in Edmonton.

They much rather want another team somewhere else in the desert, to lose lots of money, while generating little to no fan support.

Las Vegas, Albaquerque, or Another team in California.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Oil Gauge

I remember when Quinn mentioned that they inquired about bringing up Eberle for a game. He said that they were told that they didn't meet the criteria.

The League allowed the Oilers to do the same thing with Torrie Jung just a few games ago, so i think its safe to say that the league is not out to get the Oilers.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 06:28 PM
OilerNut*

People on this board need to have A LOT more patience when it comes to our prospects. Half of you seem to want to throw a guy on the top line the second he is drafted. Let Eberle finish the year in the WHL and see how good he is at the next training camp. It isn't going to totally destroy his career if he doesn't play with the Oilers this season, as hard as it is to believe.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Prior to the back2back games, the Oilers tried getting a couple of games postponed because more than half the team was either injured or had the flu. The NHL denied them. They then asked the NHL to allow them to call up Eberle on a "emergency basis" and the NHL said no. Yet somehow the Kings are allowed to call up Schenn on an "emergency basis". Why did the NHL turn a blind eye when the Kings asked for an "emergency basis"?
Wow that's loaded with week sauce then. I'm amazed that Schenn's agent would let him sign an amateur tryout (like how Eberle signed with the Falcons last season). No signing bonus, nada.

Old
11-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
I remember when Quinn mentioned that they inquired about bringing up Eberle for a game. He said that they were told that they didn't meet the criteria.

The League allowed the Oilers to do the same thing with Torrie Jung just a few games ago, so i think its safe to say that the league is not out to get the Oilers.
Well Jung was a no-brainer because the farm team was too far away and we weren't carrying 3 goalies. The league would be considered Bush League if they didn't allow it and the lone NHL goalie got hurt in that game and then what?

The league isn't out to get the Oilers but some consistency would be nice IMO.

Old
11-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Oil Gauge

The kings farm team is playing a home game tonight in Manchester, New Hampshire, which is probably about an 8 hour commute give or take a bit. Is it not believable that there wasn't enough time to call up a forward for tonights game?

I doubt that he will be able to play past tonight's game as they should be able to call up a player from their farm team.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
The kings farm team is playing a home game tonight in Manchester, New Hampshire, which is probably about an 8 hour commute give or take a bit. Is it not believable that there wasn't enough time to call up a forward for tonights game?

I doubt that he will be able to play past tonight's game as they should be able to call up a player from their farm team.
They probably argued that the airports would be incredibly busy and that the flights were sold out in first class I agree this sure seems full of **** to me, but on the bright side I get to scout him for my hockey pool against NHLers and see if I want to carry him into next season

Old
11-26-2009, 07:03 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:

It's American Thanksgiving. Tough to get anyone anywhere via airport. Schenn's only permitted to play the one game and then he has to go back anyway. Stoll should be good to go and even if he's not, as you said, a call-up could join them.

People needn't be so angry about this. As has been spelled out already, Schenn isn't on an ELC so this is allowed. If you want to blame someone for Eberle not being available on an emergency recall basis, blame the Oilers for signing him in March.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Yet the Oilers were denied to call up Jordan Eberle on an "emergency basis" when they said the same thing when the team was ravaged by flu and injuries late October. The NHL told them it wasn't deemed an emergency. How is this deemed an emergency? I say there's a double standard at work here.

Last edited by Narnia: 11-26-2009 at 08:37 PM.