HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weren't the Habs winning 3-1 last night?

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 01:04 PM

vCash: 500
Weren't the Habs winning 3-1 last night?

The OT incident is getting so much press, but that's not what decided the game, why aren't mentionning Theo's questionable play, the missed opportunities on the PP, the bad calls...I knew heading into OT that the Habs were going to lose, too many missed opportunities always come back to haunt you, and the team that's usually dominated comes up with an unexpected goal, and it's usually a freak goal, so before pointing the finger at Kovalev, let's remember the habs were winning this game and they let the Bruins back into it, even Ribeiro had a chance to finish it in OT when he was all alone in front of the net and he slid the puck just wide...guess he didn't want the hat trick....

Habs in 7 I had a vision...

Old
04-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Your right many factors decided the game last night and perhaps the series.

Habs in 7 ehhh, well ill jump on the wagon. Im with ya!

Old
04-14-2004, 01:25 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Your right many factors decided the game last night and perhaps the series.

Habs in 7 ehhh, well ill jump on the wagon. Im with ya!
Hopefully the habs win in 7, sure going to be an uphill battle from here

Old
04-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Hopefully the habs win in 7, sure going to be an uphill battle from here
Agreed KOMO_ROCKS

No room for error.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Natural Habs Fan

417 that's exactly what I said in another thread.

We should never have been in OT in the first place.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Tuggy

The only thing that is going to save this team is to get off a very quick start in Boston. Because if they fall down 1 or maybe even 2 early then....

Old
04-14-2004, 01:28 PM
SuperUnknown

The Habs were leading 3-1, they dominated the third period (15 shots to 7 I think?) both with energy and scoring chances, yet it was 3-3 at the end of the 3rd period. What went wrong? I hate to say it that way, but the guy in front of the net didn't do his job.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
The Habs were leading 3-1, they dominated the third period (15 shots to 7 I think?) both with energy and scoring chances, yet it was 3-3 at the end of the 3rd period. What went wrong? I hate to say it that way, but the guy in front of the net didn't do his job.
Raycroft outplayed Theodore since game 1

that's all I have to say...

well maybe i do need to say some more:

I totally agree with you 417 TO MTL
habs were leading 3-1 why point the finger to kovalev? they should all blame themselves for that loss

Old
04-14-2004, 01:43 PM
markov`

You are totally right. It was 3-1 and Zednik could even have make it 4-1, if he would have shoot into the open net instead of hitting Raycroft. Kovalev made a bonehead mistake but like Ribeiro said, there is a dozen of guys who could have score the big goal in OT...that's a team loss.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:46 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
You are totally right. It was 3-1 and Zednik could even have make it 4-1, if he would have shoot into the open net instead of hitting Raycroft. Kovalev made a bonehead mistake but like Ribeiro said, there is a dozen of guys who could have score the big goal in OT...that's a team loss.
Big difference is effort. Zednik tried to put it in, the other forwards tried to score as much as they could. Kovalev just stopped playing (no effort).

Old
04-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Big difference is effort. Zednik tried to put it in, the other forwards tried to score as much as they could. Kovalev just stopped playing (no effort).
Kovalev just stopped playing?

When? are you talking about when he got slashed, because every other second of the game he was great. That was the best effort i have seen from him all season.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:54 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Kovalev just stopped playing?

When? are you talking about when he got slashed, because every other second of the game he was great. That was the best effort i have seen from him all season.
You're talking about missed chances and mistakes... A mistake that happens when the player is trying is something different than a mistake caused by a lack of effort.

What I'm saying is that the players that missed chances were giving their best effort, it's hard to blame them. Sure, they didn't score and maybe they should have, but that's how it goes. On the other hand, Kovalev just stopped playing and was even a nuisance to his teammates, a big lack of effort and a major brainfart.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:56 PM

Quote:
You ever been slashed? why didn't Souray react quicker to the puck, kovalev had his head down, cause he knew that there wasn't a Bruins player in a close vicinity, as soon as he put his head up and reached for the puck, Souray went for it as well, if anything it was bad communication betwenn Kovalev and Souray, but like I said, the game wasn't decided there, if it wasn't that play, it would of been another, the habs weren't destined to win last night, no matter what, and I knew this as soon as the Bruins tied.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:59 PM
Mooch

Quote:
You're talking about missed chances and mistakes... A mistake that happens when the player is trying is something different than a mistake caused by a lack of effort.

What I'm saying is that the players that missed chances were giving their best effort, it's hard to blame them. Sure, they didn't score and maybe they should have, but that's how it goes. On the other hand, Kovalev just stopped playing and was even a nuisance to his teammates, a big lack of effort and a major brainfart.
IMO there was Zero lack of effort by Kovalev last night. He was on his game, in fact everybody was except Theo. Everybody put a well rounded effort last night.

Im sorry but Kovalev was the best player on the ice last night!

Old
04-14-2004, 02:03 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
You ever been slashed? why didn't Souray react quicker to the puck, kovalev had his head down, cause he knew that there wasn't a Bruins player in a close vicinity, as soon as he put his head up and reached for the puck, Souray went for it as well, if anything it was bad communication betwenn Kovalev and Souray, but like I said, the game wasn't decided there, if it wasn't that play, it would of been another, the habs weren't destined to win last night, no matter what, and I knew this as soon as the Bruins tied.
Actually, yes I've been slashed... One time I lost my glove and I was slashed on the hand, my whole hand was bloodied (I had to ice it for the rest of the game) and I didn't stop playing, I even finished my shift. Imagine if I had my glove that time, I guess I wouldn't even have missed a shift.

Also, Kovalev kept his head down up to the point where there was a collision. Defend him all you want, he was faking (something the replay clearly shows, you won't be hurt much when the slash hits your glove) and he should have known better than to be a nuisance on the ice while faking. He's a selfish player that can play awesome went he wants to. He played a superb game, I agree, but he failed at the most important time.

P.S.: I've also seen Dan Cloutier do everything he could to stop a last shot on an injured knee that took him out of the playoffs... But Kovalev (not even injured!) can't even at least keep his head up or make sure he doesn't get in the way of a teammate?

Old
04-14-2004, 02:05 PM
markov`

And even if it was all Kovy's fault. SO WHAT? He scored 3 goals for us in the 2 games we needed to win. Without Kovy, it's 4-0 and the Habs are already playing golf.

Last edited by markov`: 04-14-2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old
04-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Actually, yes I've been slashed... One time I lost my glove and I was slashed on the hand, my whole hand was bloodied (I had to ice it for the rest of the game) and I didn't stop playing, I even finished my shift. Imagine if I had my glove that time, I guess I wouldn't even have missed a shift.

Also, Kovalev kept his head down up to the point where there was a collision. Defend him all you want, he was faking (something the replay clearly shows, you won't be hurt much when the slash hits your glove) and he should have known better than to be a nuisance on the ice while faking. He's a selfish player that can play awesome went he wants to. He played a superb game, I agree, but he failed at the most important time.
Yes well your much tougher than Kovalev.

Old
04-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Mooch

Quote:
And even if it was all Kovy's fault. SO WHAT? He scored 3 games for us in the 2 games we needed to win. Without Kovy, it's 4-0 and the Habs are already playing golf.
Exactly

Old
04-14-2004, 02:12 PM

Quote:

P.S.: I've also seen Dan Cloutier do everything he could to stop a last shot on an injured knee that took him out of the playoffs... But Kovalev (not even injured!) can't even at least keep his head up or make sure he doesn't get in the way of a teammate?
Don't get me wrong, I know he gave up on the play, I just don't like the fact that everyone points to this as the reason for the Habs losing, there were at least 10 tell tale signs prior to that that the habs were going to lose that game, the Kovalev incident is just one of many, he basically carried the habs on his back the last 2 games, why are they (Souray & Julien) turning on him now, short memory..this is why Montreal will never be a city where a player of Kovalev's talent, will be able to play and floursish, I just hope that this didn't leave him sour on the idea of signing with montreal this summer, if he had the intention to of course

Old
04-14-2004, 02:20 PM
PJ Wiggum

Send a message via MSN to PJ Wiggum
As stated in the thread we were winning the game 3-1 and the Bruins came back to win the game 4-3 and right now the Bruins lead the series 3-1, sound familiar, so if things go the way they should The Habs will win the series 4-3 at the last minute.

Old
04-14-2004, 02:22 PM

Yes...Habs in 7, I had a vision.

P.S.- this will be a reaccring theme with me for the next 2 days and beyond

Old
04-14-2004, 02:24 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Yes...Habs in 7, I had a vision.

P.S.- this will be a reaccring theme with me for the next 2 days and beyond
Ok we will learn to tolerate.

LOL!

Old
04-14-2004, 02:24 PM
markov`

I hope you're right 417. I trully hope you're right.

Old
04-14-2004, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I hope you're right 417. I trully hope you're right.

Oh i'm right alright...

Habs in 7, I had a vision...

Closed Thread