HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hagman, Tlusty and White

Old
11-21-2009, 04:48 PM
thepatient

vCash: 500
Hagman, Tlusty and White

Who would your team give up for this package. I'm looking for quality not quantity in return. Do you think teams would give up a top line player? Hagman is a pretty decent 2nd line winger, White is at best a top 4 defenseman at worst bottom pairing with PP ability and great leadership qualities and tlusty is a potential 25 goal scorer.

thepatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 04:58 PM
tiger_80

It does not happen frequently that teams make quality for quantity trades, unless the players asks for a trade (See Pronger, Heatley).

What you are offering is a two way top 6 forward (Hagman), No.5 d-man (White) and an OK prospect (Tlusty).

Expect a similar return. Oilers don't really need White or Tlusty, but hypothetically speaking, I would give you Gilbert (top 4 puck-moving D), Moreau (bottom 6 veteran LW) and Pouliot (a solid, but unspectacular young player with some uspside, but no place on the current squad).

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Kevin Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
It does not happen frequently that teams make quality for quantity trades, unless the players asks for a trade (See Pronger, Heatley).

What you are offering is a two way top 6 forward (Hagman), No.5 d-man (White) and an OK prospect (Tlusty).

Expect a similar return. Oilers don't really need White or Tlusty, but hypothetically speaking, I would give you Gilbert (top 4 puck-moving D), Moreau (bottom 6 veteran LW) and Pouliot (a solid, but unspectacular young player with some uspside, but no place on the current squad).

Ian White is on pace for 50pts and is a +5 on a team where everyone is a -. He's only 25 as well, he is not a #5 defensman.

Kevin Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Pierre Gotye

A fan of any NHL team who wouldn't want White would have to be dumb or clueless.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 05:10 PM
wej20

as proved by countless threads White is more valuable to Toronto than anyone else. Tlusty could probably traded for a similar prospect who has fallen out of favour in an organisation.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient View Post
Who would your team give up for this package. I'm looking for quality not quantity in return. Do you think teams would give up a top line player? Hagman is a pretty decent 2nd line winger, White is at best a top 4 defenseman at worst bottom pairing with PP ability and great leadership qualities and tlusty is a potential 25 goal scorer.
Hagman is a good player, i'd probably trade a draft pick for him if that's what leaf fans want.

Ian White is a bit of a wildcard in my mind, could be top 4 regular (i like him.) Not sure what his value would be.

No interest in tlusty

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
as proved by countless threads White is more valuable to Toronto than anyone else. Tlusty could probably traded for a similar prospect who has fallen out of favour in an organisation.

I can understand reasons for maybe not wanting Kaberle. I might even consider reasons why a few people not wanting Kessel.

But White is cheap, young and only has upward to go. He is comfortable playing on the PP, the PK or on any defensive line pairing.

He works hard, rarely makes mistakes and is smart and mobile with the puck.

He might be a bit under-sized, but incredibly strong. He doesn't fight much but when he does he can hold his own.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Yeah, proving the value of a player in a forum doesn't really mean anything in real life.

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
Hagman is a good player, i'd probably trade a draft pick for him if that's what leaf fans want.

Ian White is a bit of a wildcard in my mind, could be top 4 regular (i like him.) Not sure what his value would be.

No interest in tlusty
Tlusty is like Pacioretty. He has the tools but can't seem to put it together.

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 05:56 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Truculence View Post
Yeah, proving the value of a player in a forum doesn't really mean anything in real life.
really?

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 06:04 PM
TheTruculentTML
In it to win it

Ian White is a true monster on ice!

TheTruculentTML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Monstar50

White is to awesome to trade, tlusty has little value so why trade him, but anyone could easily have hagman for a pick.

Monstar50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Adversary

Getting the chance to watch Ian White every game has been a privledge. He embodies what it is to wear the jersey.

The only way we trade him away is after the rest of the league realizes what a heart and soul guy he is, not before.

Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Professor Dangles

White for captain!

Professor Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote