Notices

Commodore's coming out party and other random playoff thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 08:44 AM
Zhackpot

vCash: 500
Commodore's coming out party and other random playoff thoughts

Man was I impressed with the way Sideshow Mike played in game 4.

Concerns about his lack of skating ability were put to rest as he never put himself in a bad position. Showed speed I didn't think he had when he needed to. Was confident with the puck and made smart, quick passes. Used his size to his advantage and played a tough, clean, physical game.

Looks like the Devils pulled a Flames and gave up on this former high draft pick too early.

Gauthier also played much better, especially liked his decision to move the puck quickly on Clark's goal.

Clark was much better in every aspect of his game last night. Especially strong on the PK.

Jarome needs to quit pressing he's telegraphing his shots rather than just getting off the quick hard shot, using defenders as a screen, that makes him a great goal scorer. Maybe the empty netter will help him in someway.

Saprykin is a hard luck case. In my opinion he has been the best and most consistent Flame through the first 4 games and he just can't catch a break. Playing with fire, determination, grit and poise he didn't show during the season. Takes a lot of shots and finds himself in position to score goals. The chances are there and he will benefit eventually.

Donovan played smarter hockey in game 4. For a guy with his wheels I felt he was not moving his feet and taking some lazy penalties during the first 3 games.

Yelle's return helped out big time, especially on faceoffs.

Ferrence has also played much better and risen to the occasion. Surprised it was him that dumped Jovanovski in front of the Flames net near the end of last night's game.

Hope the Flames can keep it up in game 5 and seal the series at home in game 6.

Old
04-14-2004, 11:38 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Saprykin is finally proving some people right. I know I was getting tired of him!

Old
04-14-2004, 01:24 PM
kruezer

Great game by Commodore I agree, Saprykin too, I wish Kobasew could get some more ice, he's been playing great IMO, but he's never out there.

Ference is playing pretty good as well, next years defense is really going to be tough to choose, Lydman may be in trouble I think.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:57 AM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Keep that hype machine warm Kruezer, because it may get started up earlier than expected. Sutter's still madly in love with Phaneuf (or so I assume) so I don't think that it's a reach at all to say that Phaneuf is on board for the Flames should the Rebels lose against Medicine Hat.

I know I want to see it. Hell, it sure beats watching tapes of my Blues sucking.

Old
04-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Disco Stu Mike Commodore played so well. I really like him and think he's definitely ready for primetime. And I have been so impressed with Ference. Plays solid all around and in this series gave you everything you want from a defenseman. He was so good. I was ready to get rid of him at the start of next season but now I don't know. Maybe he's worth keeping around for a while.

Old
04-20-2004, 02:51 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
Disco Stu Mike Commodore played so well. I really like him and think he's definitely ready for primetime. And I have been so impressed with Ference. Plays solid all around and in this series gave you everything you want from a defenseman. He was so good. I was ready to get rid of him at the start of next season but now I don't know. Maybe he's worth keeping around for a while.
Word Up, I just can't decide.

I like Monty, but he's gonna have to be risked through waivers IMO.

That basically leaves either Lydman or Gauthier to be traded IMO. Say its Gauthier, then go with this...

Regehr-Leopold (Great, both ways, really impressed with RR's offense this POs)
Warrener-Commodore (Shut down pair, play similar offense, 15-20 points each I'd say)
Lydman-Ference (Back at it again, solid pairing, nice offense, great determination from Andy)
Phaneuf (Can learn from here, come in for injuries, see if he earns his spot)

Old
04-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Zhackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Word Up, I just can't decide.

I like Monty, but he's gonna have to be risked through waivers IMO.

That basically leaves either Lydman or Gauthier to be traded IMO. Say its Gauthier, then go with this...

Regehr-Leopold (Great, both ways, really impressed with RR's offense this POs)
Warrener-Commodore (Shut down pair, play similar offense, 15-20 points each I'd say)
Lydman-Ference (Back at it again, solid pairing, nice offense, great determination from Andy)
Phaneuf (Can learn from here, come in for injuries, see if he earns his spot)

I think Montador's days as a Flame are numbered due to numbers. I think Gauthier's presence this playoffs will be hard to overlook. Ference is giving the Flames everything they thought they'd get from Lydman and then some. Lydman will be the one moved in my opinion. I still get a feeling Sutter isn't happy with Lydman's lack of development this season( especially compared to Commodore, Leopold, Regehr, and Ference). Leopold's presence and ability to chip the puck off the glass without icing the puck continues to amaze me. Smart player and playing more physical in the post season too.

Old
04-20-2004, 03:11 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhackpot
I think Montador's days as a Flame are numbered due to numbers. I think Gauthier's presence this playoffs will be hard to overlook. Ference is giving the Flames everything they thought they'd get from Lydman and then some. Lydman will be the one moved in my opinion. I still get a feeling Sutter isn't happy with Lydman's lack of development this season( especially compared to Commodore, Leopold, Regehr, and Ference). Leopold's presence and ability to chip the puck off the glass without icing the puck continues to amaze me. Smart player and playing more physical in the post season too.
Alright, then maybe go with this...?

Regehr-Leopold (Obviously)
Warrener-Ference (Just keep having the same fun they've had these last games)
Commodore-Gauthier (Played well together this preseason IMO)
Phaneuf (Could start taking Ference/Commodore's spot right away)

Closed Thread