HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Bolts @ Isles l Gm.4 l 3-0 Bolts l Bolts Lead 3-1

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Drury77

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
GDT: Bolts @ Isles l Gm.4 l 04/14/04 l 7 ET l ESPN

1st RD. STANLEY CUP Playoffs -- -- GM. 4

VS

Tampa Bay Lightning

vs.

New York Islanders

Bolts Lead 2-1 (ESPN)

Tampa Bay Lightning 2003-2004 Complete Schedule/Results

New York Islanders 2003-2004 Complete Schedule/Results

REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS

Islanders: 38-29-11-4, 91 points.
*3rd Place in Atlantic Division, 8th Place in Eastern Conference.*
vs.
Lightning: 46-22-8-6, 106 points.
*1st Place in Southeast Division, 1st Place in Eastern Conference.*

REGULAR SEASON SERIES

Islanders lead 3-1-0
Nov. 20: at Lightning 3, Islanders 2
Dec. 9: at Islanders 5, Lightning 2
Mar. 16: Islanders 3 at Lightning 1
Mar. 21: at Islanders 3, Lightning 0

@ The Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum l Uniondale, NY

Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 7:00 pm ET.
TV: ESPN

GAME 1: NYI 0, @ TAM 3
Recap | Box Score

GAME 2: NYI 3, @ TAM 0
Recap | Box Score

GAME 3: TAM 3 @ NYI 0
Recap | Box Score

GAME 4: TAM @ NYI
4/14 Wed., ESPN, 7:00 PM

*GAME 5: NYI , @ TAM
4/16, Fri, 7:30 PM, ESPN

*GAME 6: TAM @ NYI
4/17, 7 PM

*GAME 7: NYI , @ TAM
4/19, 7:30 PM, ESPN2

* - if necessary
All times Eastern

Live Score!

IMPORTANT GAMEDAY LINKS!!

*Live Game Audio
*ESPN LIVE Scoreboard
*Live NHL Scoreboard
*Live General Sports Scoreboard
*Yahoo Tampa Page
*Yahoo Islander Page
*Sportsline Tampa Page
*Sportsline Islander Page
*Yahoo NHL Photo Gallery
*Sportsline NHL Photo Gallery

(***Please note that some links will only work on GAME DAY***)

Old
04-14-2004, 06:53 PM
1Timer

Shorty with the shorty.

See? It's not just Cairns who fuggers up...

Old
04-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Timer
Shorty with the shorty.

See? It's not just Cairns who fuggers up...
St.Louis > Hart & Selke tropheys

Old
04-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Marty owns the isles.

But look forward to a 3rd period without any penaltys on the isles so far i would say the officiating is looking awful close to the NJD game of last years playoff.

Old
04-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Knucklez

Another 3-0 game

Marty

Khabibulin has something like a .985 SV%

Old
04-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Brentfax

A nothing series that will have no impact on who comes out of the east.

Old
04-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Rschmitz

Its been Khabibulin this entire series, 3 shutouts wtf.

NYI need to get traffic around the net if they want to score on Khabibulin, Lightning D are doing a good job of clearing the crease and making life easy on Nik.

With all the glamour Belfour is getting in Toronto, the only goals Khabibulin has given were from an excellent shot by Blake that ricocheted off the post and in, and a deflected/screened shot.

Toronto/Ottawa and Tampa Bay are on a collision course :playnice:

Last edited by Rschmitz: 04-14-2004 at 09:27 PM.
Old
04-14-2004, 09:28 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentfax
Nice contribution. Very insightful. And not bitter at all. Thanks for opening our eyes.

Old
04-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:

:troll:

Old
04-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Great analysis! Must be many years of hockey experience behind that astute comment.

For TB fans: Congrats. Your team is getting better as the series gets longer - the mark of a very good team. Should you move on, you will face more explosive offenses than NYI, but you have one very solid, well-coached team.

Not much more to say at this point, except that I hope my team can extend the season beyond Friday.

Old
04-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I just find the whole 3-0 thing funny.

Old
04-14-2004, 10:36 PM
hgo

What an awful game.

Old
04-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
I just find the whole 3-0 thing funny.
Yeah, it's getting weird at this point...

Old
04-15-2004, 12:01 AM
OpAck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
It is wierd. 5 straight 3-0 games (including final regular season matchup). Even the second to the last matchup was close (3-1). The order was 3-0 Isles, 3-0 Tampa, 3-0 Isles, 3-0 Tampa, and 3-0 Tampa (hey you guys broke the order!!). I don't remember seeing anything like it.

I must say though, Tampa is playing smart hockey. They're playing with a purpose, and I had originally thought that they would have a much harder time against the Isles. The only way I saw the Isles fall apart is if their forwards lose their edge, and that is exactly what has happened. But not only that has happened, the Isles defense looks lost out there, and DiPi looks shaky. Tampa is clearly jumping all over the Isles' costly mistakes and they're the better team. For the past two games, the Isles have looked like a very scared team.

I do see you guys winning this series either Friday or Saturday and when (and if, I should add) Tampa wins the series, I do wish the very best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. Alot of us underestimated Tampa, but they clearly have a hand on the Isles up to this point. Maybe the Isles can take some lessons from your team one day.

Old
04-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos

Any predictions for Fridays game?

Old
04-15-2004, 12:08 AM
OpAck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
Any predictions for Fridays game?
My gut instinct tells me Friday's final will be 3-0 Isles, but you guys will finish us off on Saturday 3-0. I just don't see the Isles mustering a game 7 finale. They have ALOT of soul-searching to accomplish, and I clearly think they're out of gas. (side note: even the Devs/Flyers ended up 3-0!)

But, I must say, wierder things have happened. It's hard to predict what Isles' team will show up the rest of the way.

Old
04-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAckTool
It is wierd. 5 straight 3-0 games (including final regular season matchup). Even the second to the last matchup was close (3-1). The order was 3-0 Isles, 3-0 Tampa, 3-0 Isles, 3-0 Tampa, and 3-0 Tampa (hey you guys broke the order!!). I don't remember seeing anything like it.

I must say though, Tampa is playing smart hockey. They're playing with a purpose, and I had originally thought that they would have a much harder time against the Isles. The only way I saw the Isles fall apart is if their forwards lose their edge, and that is exactly what has happened. But not only that has happened, the Isles defense looks lost out there, and DiPi looks shaky. Tampa is clearly jumping all over the Isles' costly mistakes and they're the better team. For the past two games, the Isles have looked like a very scared team.

I do see you guys winning this series either Friday or Saturday and when (and if, I should add) Tampa wins the series, I do wish the very best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. Alot of us underestimated Tampa, but they clearly have a hand on the Isles up to this point. Maybe the Isles can take some lessons from your team one day.

Series isn't over yet, so i'll reserve judgment

If Friday is the last game; I'd like for you all to know that your fan base on these boards are the classiest that i've had the privelidge to talk to in the playoffs. You deserve a better fate

Old
04-15-2004, 01:09 AM
OpAck

Quote:
Series isn't over yet, so i'll reserve judgment

If Friday is the last game; I'd like for you all to know that your fan base on these boards are the classiest that i've had the privelidge to talk to in the playoffs. You deserve a better fate
Had this been an Islander/Leafs or Islander/Blueskirts matchup, well...let's just say the moderators would have a busy enough time closing threads. But, looking at this series, ya gotta give credit where credit is due. Before Game 3, Tampa knew what they had to do and the Isles apparently didn't have a clue. Tampa had to have known that the Coliseum can be a very powerful atmosphere and if they can get the early lead, it can quiet the crowd and take the Isles off their game. That's happened in Games 3 and 4. The Isles have outplayed the Lightning to some extent, but what matters most is the final (eerie) score, 3-0. They get alot of credit for accomplishing what they set out to do. I know it's not over yet, but the Isles sure think it is...they've already set their tee times, in my opinion.

I haven't really read one bad thread since this series started, it's been quite refreshing actually. There's always a sense of tension between fans of two opposing teams, but thats what being a fan of a sport is all about. There's always bad apples in the bunch, but the best thing any fan can do is congratulate the winners and pat the backs of the losers.

Old
04-15-2004, 02:18 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAckTool
...the best thing any fan can do is congratulate the winners and pat the backs of the losers.
Very true...But if I'm expected to shake Sotnos' hand following this series, forget it!

Old
04-15-2004, 02:40 AM
Rschmitz

Old
04-15-2004, 04:07 AM
Brentfax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Great analysis! Must be many years of hockey experience behind that astute comment.

For TB fans: Congrats. Your team is getting better as the series gets longer - the mark of a very good team. Should you move on, you will face more explosive offenses than NYI, but you have one very solid, well-coached team.

Not much more to say at this point, except that I hope my team can extend the season beyond Friday.
To expand, the Isle's obviously have not shown what it takes to win and Tampa hasn't really shown a dominance in taking the play to the opposition, a few of the games it has been the opposite, for me to believe they can win a second round matchup. Khabibulin has been great but I think the other teams in the conferance WILL create traffic in front to make his job tougher. The other teams do have a quality #1 scoring line and Tampa is starting to see some injuries with little depth to back that up. That's all I was saying, I guess it was put to shortly for you guys, sorry for that.

Old
04-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Oceanic39*

Tampa's been fortunate enough to get some first period leads on the Isle, and though they haven't necessarily sat back in a trap in the mid-late periods, they aren't going all out on the forecheck like they normally do. Everything has been simple, safe, and well, boring if you're not a Lightning fan (I would assume). After Modin scored last night it looked like the end of one of those all-night scrimmages, where players are just waiting for the clock to run out. Aside from Vinny trying his Q-moves, there wasn't much going on.

Old
04-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
I second that! The Isles fans on here have been great. It's a nice change from last year when we got condescended to from beginning to end.

You have many years of playoff runs to look forward to with DiPietro in nets, I think.

Trots, you love me and you know it! :lol

Old
04-15-2004, 09:59 AM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
To expand, the Isle's obviously have not shown what it takes to win and Tampa hasn't really shown a dominance in taking the play to the opposition, a few of the games it has been the opposite, for me to believe they can win a second round matchup. Khabibulin has been great but I think the other teams in the conferance WILL create traffic in front to make his job tougher. The other teams do have a quality #1 scoring line and Tampa is starting to see some injuries with little depth to back that up. That's all I was saying, I guess it was put to shortly for you guys, sorry for that.
NJ and ANA went to the Final last season by playing smart, patient hockey and capitalizing on their opponents' mistakes. That's exactly what Tampa is doing right now. Granted, the injuries could be a problem, but it remains to be seen how long Cullimore and Stillman will be out.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Timmy1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
NJ and ANA went to the Final last season by playing smart, patient hockey and capitalizing on their opponents' mistakes. That's exactly what Tampa is doing right now. Granted, the injuries could be a problem, but it remains to be seen how long Cullimore and Stillman will be out.
At least we have depth now, which is a luxury. However, it would be nice to have the regulars in there. If we can wrap it up on Friday, everyone can get some rest.

Closed Thread