HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shoulder injuries to Powe and Betts; both out a minimum of four weeks

Old
11-23-2009, 10:59 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Now we get the answer to his important question: Is Jeff Carter man or mouse?
From today's Philly.com:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...o_step_up.html

Quote:
DENVER _ The Flyers need their two marquee offensive players _ Jeff Carter and Mike Richards _ to step up and lead the team out of their current funk.

Both have been glaringly unproductive in recent games.

Carter, who scored 46 goals last season, is scoreless in the last four games _ and has just one goal in his last eight contests. All told, he has seven goals; he had 15 at the same point last season.

After a fast start, Richards is also scuffling. He, too, has just one goal in his last eight games. After scoring six goals in his first five games, the Flyers’ captain has three goals in the last 15 contests. He had zero shots in Saturday's 3-1 loss to Phoenix.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:15 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
I remember when he came back they showed his undergear, and it included some sort of tether to limit the arm's range of movement. I guess he stopped wearing.

The real question is how does on play effective NHL hockey whilst favoring an arm like that?
What's crazy is that I've seen him slam himself into other people over the last few weeks. I actually remember thinking to myself "well I guess his shoulder's healed, otherwise that hit would ruin his day" after seeing some collisions. Shoulders are screwy. I hurt both of mine playing hockey a few years ago and they've never been the same. Frustrating as hell.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:43 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
What's crazy is that I've seen him slam himself into other people over the last few weeks. I actually remember thinking to myself "well I guess his shoulder's healed, otherwise that hit would ruin his day" after seeing some collisions. Shoulders are screwy. I hurt both of mine playing hockey a few years ago and they've never been the same. Frustrating as hell.
I understand that completely.

I have a screwed up shoulder, but it's fine in certain positions. But if I happen to move my arm above my head in my sleep, or if I'm holding a box under my arm for any length of time, my shoulder is useless for an hour or more.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
They always talk about Richards goals like that's the only way to produce even though he's a playmaker first and foremost. He has 4 points in his last 5 games playing with Hartnell and stone-cold Pyorala. That's not as bad as saying he has 1 goal in 8 games or whatever. Besides...he's on pace for 37 goals which is waaaay above what he should be expected to score.

Does Richards need to play better? Absolutely. But his goal total is hardly a concern. The media has literally no imagination when it comes to who needs to do what. It's always just "score more goals!".

Carter's the goal scorer in this discussion if we're talking about who isn't scoring goals and needs to be.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 05:53 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
They always talk about Richards goals like that's the only way to produce even though he's a playmaker first and foremost. He has 4 points in his last 5 games playing with Hartnell and stone-cold Pyorala. That's not as bad as saying he has 1 goal in 8 games or whatever. Besides...he's on pace for 37 goals which is waaaay above what he should be expected to score.

Does Richards need to play better? Absolutely. But his goal total is hardly a concern. The media has literally no imagination when it comes to who needs to do what. It's always just "score more goals!".

Carter's the goal scorer in this discussion if we're talking about who isn't scoring goals and needs to be.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Hopefully Carter wakes up tonight...

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote