HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Goaltending Equipment Checklist

Old
11-25-2009, 09:07 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Goaltending Equipment Checklist

Being new to ice-hockey goaltending, I wanna make sure I have all the equipment.

So far I have:
Ice Hockey Goaltending Mask
Chest Protector
Glove
Blocker
Leg Pads
Goaltending Skates

I know I need to buy:
Goaltending Pants
Throat protector
Goalie cup (double cupping).

This is for anything like if I need hockey socks, elbow pads underneath the elbow pads on my chest protector, do I need knee pads to go underneath the leg pads and the shorts? I need to know everything there is to be purchased for goaltending equipment.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Being new to ice-hockey goaltending, I wanna make sure I have all the equipment.

So far I have:
Ice Hockey Goaltending Mask
Chest Protector
Glove
Blocker
Leg Pads
Goaltending Skates

I know I need to buy:
Goaltending Pants
Throat protector
Goalie cup (double cupping).

This is for anything like if I need hockey socks, elbow pads underneath the elbow pads on my chest protector, do I need knee pads to go underneath the leg pads and the shorts? I need to know everything there is to be purchased for goaltending equipment.
Not a goalie so can't say for sure but I think you need knee/thigh protectors. Something like http://www.goaliemonkey.com/goalkneethighguards.html

Better wait for a goalie to come in to confirm. You should also check out http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...hp?showforum=6

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One95 View Post
Not a goalie so can't say for sure but I think you need knee/thigh protectors. Something like http://www.goaliemonkey.com/goalkneethighguards.html

Better wait for a goalie to come in to confirm. You should also check out http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...hp?showforum=6
nah on most senior pads they have thigh boards built in

i think you have it all on the list

the underwear is the same as skater stuff.

compression shirt
jock
socks

your bare legs should be covered by the hockey socks

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Ragss

ha, yeah definately a good idea to get some sort of thigh protector if your pads don't have thigh boards. I've played 3 or 4 games without anything on my thighs and have had some mega bruises to show for it.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:55 AM
gluvhand

Even if your pads have thigh boards you'll definetly need a knee/thigh pad. Believe me. Not worth the risk of going without them. And don't get pants with the knee/thigh protectors built-in. I find it restricting and the knee/thigh will probably rip long before the pants do.

For throat protection collars are more protective but I find them uncomfortable so I use a lexan dangler.

You won't need extra elbow protection beyond your chest/arm unit. Having said that, at some point, a puck will find an exposed spot. Just the way it is. It's usually not flush on the elbow though.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote