HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mueller

Old
11-22-2009, 12:52 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
White ++ for Mueller ?

I like White but if Gunnarsson keeps playing the way he has the last little while, the Leafs may sell high with Ian White
We've got some serious injury issues on defense, right now. All of Jovo, Michalek, and Sauer are skating, and traveling with the team, however. Once we get our top pairing and addition top four defenseman back, we won't have any room for White. Defense should not be the primary targeted return for Mueller.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Boondock

I like Mueller - wouldn't mind seeing him in Van City. How about Bernier and a 3rd for Mueller. Close??

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
I would like to see Giroux in Phoenix to re-unite him with Turris.

Mueller for Giroux.
I really don't see Philly going for that. Unless you were being sarcastic.

Old
11-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Dal: P. Mueller

Pho: J. Benn

Dallas Fans will crucify me, but I like the fact that Mueller is a RW w/ a right-handed shot. He has just as much offensive potential as Benn (he scored 54 pts as a rookie) and a line of Morrow-Ribeiro-Mueller would be lethal.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:56 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Think offense for Mueller, not defense.
Hm, then the Leafs don't have much to offer. Unless Phoenix is interested in Grabo or a Stajan.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Maj. Conn Smythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Anyway, I don't think there's any deal I'd agree to with Toronto for Mueller. I don't really like Tlusty or Kulemin, all that much. They don't have any picks and Kadri is off limits. What does that leave?
All fans must understand that Peter Mueller should be at his breakout season for his third year in the NHL, and possibly even for next year. When people talk about "potential" now is the time for this potential to actually come to fruition.

An example would be Jeff Carter from Philadelphia where his first two seasons he had 40-50 point campaigns, then in his third year started to show his true potential by netting 84 points.

Corey Perry is another example a fourth year breakout, where each year he would show signs of improvement of 25, 44, 54, and then 72 point breakout season.

Right now, you look at a player like Peter Mueller and he has been regressing rather than progressing over the last three years of 54, 36, and 16 (pro-rated) points. Peter Mueller is still a 21 year old 8th overall draft pick, but General Managers look at player development to see if that player has a great potential to become a bust.

At this time, Mueller would be a reclamation project for some General Managers. A perfect example of Mueller's value right now would be someone like Gilbert Brule, a 6th overall draft choice by the Columbus Blue Jackets, that never really lived up to his potential. Gilbert Brule was traded to Edmonton for Raffi Torres, nothing more than a third line player.

Phoenix Coyotes can expect a somewhat decent return for Mueller, but do not expect high level talent or first round draft picks for a regressing player. If history indicated anything, Mueller will be traded for something lesser if his game does not pick up shortly. General Managers will buy low right now for someone like Mueller because they know if he turns it around the price will be a lot higher.

The Coyotes may have to settle for a lesser package on Mueller, but he should still return something decent back for the Coyotes. Just do not expect a high end return for Mueller at this time. His stock is now lower on the trade market.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:57 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
Dal: P. Mueller

Pho: J. Benn

Dallas Fans will crucify me, but I like the fact that Mueller is a RW w/ a right-handed shot. He has just as much offensive potential as Benn (he scored 54 pts as a rookie) and a line of Morrow-Ribeiro-Mueller would be lethal.
Personally, I'd be scared ess-less to trade him in the division. Maybe Maloney has got more sand than I do.

Old
11-22-2009, 12:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1927 View Post
All fans must understand that Peter Mueller should be at his breakout season for his third year in the NHL, and possibly even for next year. When people talk about "potential" now is the time for this potential to actually come to fruition.

An example would be Jeff Carter from Philadelphia where his first two seasons he had 40-50 point campaigns, then in his third year started to show his true potential by netting 84 points.

Corey Perry is another example a fourth year breakout, where each year he would show signs of improvement of 25, 44, 54, and then 72 point breakout season.

Right now, you look at a player like Peter Mueller and he has been regressing rather than progressing over the last three years of 54, 36, and 16 (pro-rated) points. Peter Mueller is still a 21 year old 8th overall draft pick, but General Managers look at player development to see if that player has a great potential to become a bust.

At this time, Mueller would be a reclamation project for some General Managers. A perfect example of Mueller's value right now would be someone like Gilbert Brule, a 6th overall draft choice by the Columbus Blue Jackets, that never really lived up to his potential. Gilbert Brule was traded to Edmonton for Raffi Torres, nothing more than a third line player.

Phoenix Coyotes can expect a somewhat decent return for Mueller, but do not expect high level talent or first round draft picks for a regressing player. If history indicated anything, Mueller will be traded for something lesser if his game does not pick up shortly. General Managers will buy low right now for someone like Mueller because they know if he turns it around the price will be a lot higher.

The Coyotes may have to settle for a lesser package on Mueller, but he should still return something decent back for the Coyotes. Just do not expect a high end return for Mueller at this time. His stock is now lower on the trade market.
Perhaps. However, if that is in fact the case, there is absolutely no reason to deal him.

I do see Mueller as quite a bit different than Brule, however. Brule had a nine goal rookie season, then scored one goal his sophomore season, and failed to stick in the NHL his third season. Peter Mueller has shown what he can do at the NHL level. It's just a matter of finding his game again. Less of a gamble than Brule was, in my opinion.

Old
11-22-2009, 12:58 PM
xicethug13x

to phoenix:
schenn

to leafs:
mueller+1st

thoughts?

leafs would still have a very good d
komi,beauchimen,kabs,white,gunnarson,exelby,finger

im in favor of this trade because i am very high on both white and gunnarson...and while i like scheen...i feel we have enough d ..and desperatly need good young offense...and even without scheen our d core looks very good...and to be honest i dont tghink scheen fits into our current top 4(komi,beauchimen,kabs,white)..so i say sell high on him

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:59 PM
ducky

Quote:
I really don't see Philly going for that. Unless you were being sarcastic.
I was. A little. Should I have used the sarcasm smile?

Obviously Mueller is not going to be traded for some team's mid ranked prospects. Seriously, Pat Maroon? Who is that?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:01 PM
um

washington:
s.morrisonn + 2nd round pick
for

mueller

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:03 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicethug13x View Post
to phoenix:
schenn

to leafs:
mueller+1st

thoughts?

im in favor of this trade because i am very high on both white and gunnarson...and while i like scheen...i feel we have enough d ..and desperatly need good young offense...and even without scheen our d core looks very good...and to be honest i dont tghink scheen fits into our current top 4(komi,beauchimen,kabs,white)..so i say sell high on him
Neither team does it, IMO.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:04 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicethug13x View Post
to phoenix:
schenn

to leafs:
mueller+1st

thoughts?

Phx has enough D and desperately needs young offense as well.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:08 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
It would cost something that actually hurts to give up. So start with that.
The only other Flyer I could see going for Mueller would be Hartnell, maybe Coburn or Parent? Don't see management trading Hartnell (and something would need to be added from Phoenix), and isn't Phoenix's D pretty set for a while?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Prospects, Phx has. A forward that can step in and score today would be the prime target in any Mueller deal, IMO.
Fair enough, we already gave Phoenix Upshall...how about we give them back Carcillo

Quote:

Mueller for Giroux.
Re-unite? And no.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:13 PM
oil country 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
So you dont like Poni or Tlusty for him but you'd accept Cogliano? Yea, i dont get it...
cogliano ias a nhl player with promise at least,poni is having a hard time making a differance with the leafs and tlusty can't make the 30 th team in the leaque right now.

Cogs could be a very good player on the right team unfortunately edm has too many players of the same size and skill set right now.

oil country 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Upside. Ponikarovsky is gone, and Tlustly has shown nothing at the NHL level.
Poni is gone? I dont get what you mean there but ok.

Tlusty has shown nothing at the NHL level but does that mean he's a bust? I mean Mueller really has not done much outside of his rookie year to show a lot of promise and poise either. Ive watched my fair share of Phoenix games and rarely do you see him do anything spectacular anymore. Tlusty is still VERY young so dont go counting him out completely jsut yet.

Poni is almost 30, but he could help bring some more vet presence to the organization and could be a solid player. Im not saying this package is really ideal for anyone with muellers "potential" but saying you would rather have Colgiano over them is strange considering the fact that Cogliano has also not done a lot either. To me, he just seems caught in the hype-mobile around here and wont be much more then what Helm is in Detroit, a solid, fast third liner who can score a few goals. Or a Dan Cleary, a guy who could play as the 6th forward on some teams but its still never the most ideal thing in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil country 83 View Post
cogliano ias a nhl player with promise at least,poni is having a hard time making a differance with the leafs and tlusty can't make the 30 th team in the leaque right now.

Cogs could be a very good player on the right team unfortunately edm has too many players of the same size and skill set right now.
Tell me who isnt having trouble on the leafs besides Kessel and Kaberle? I dont like that argument. I dont know the situation in Toronto, but you never know WHAT could be the real reason behind Tlusty not making the team.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:26 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Dubinsky and a 2nd?

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:30 PM
numbrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps fan 19 View Post
not a great idea top two centers under 6 feet Turris and Cogliano
Since when have these two players become top two centers?

numbrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:

Mueller for Giroux.
The Flyers have absolutely zero incentive to make that trade.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:44 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Get'em Slats!!!

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:47 PM
jdfitz12

phoenix and chicago

how about mueller and 3rd
to chicago
for barker and byfuglien

this helps out both clubs

jdfitz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:47 PM
ALinsky

Hamill
Bruins Natural 1st
Bruins 2011 Second

for

Mueller

ALinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Would something centered around the Kost Bros + a pick + a prospect (maybe someone like Weber ?) be of any interest to the Yotes ?

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Munchinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground And Pound View Post
Would something centered around the Kost Bros + a pick + a prospect (maybe someone like Weber ?) be of any interest to the Yotes ?
That is a horrible deal for the Canadiens, just horrible. Sergei still has a lot of potential, as does Andrei (and he's heating up right now). Andrei himself is likely going to be a 30-30-60, physical winger, and Weber is likely going to be a top four d-man with a lot of offensive upside in the not-too-distant future.

Munchinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Mueller for Tlusty.

Straight up.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote