HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Stoll Back in Lineup 11/28/09

Old
11-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Fishhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... You know, I thought that Purcell was showing progress in the Flyers game on that line with Handzus and Simmonds. I truly think it's a confidence issue with Purcell, that most of the time this season he's been afraid to make a mistake and it's paralyzed his offensive game. With Handzus solid defensively and Simmonds there to play the physical game, Purcell seemed to show more aggressiveness toward getting to open ice and getting after loose pucks.
Could be a confidence issue, but if it affects him that much perhaps he isn't cut out for the NHL. I also thought he looked really god against Philly, he was much more proactive and looked driven. Much better than his previous games, I'd love to see more of it from him.

The bottom line with Purcell is this. He spent the majority of his shifts last year with Kopitar which resulted in 4 goals. Purcell spent most of this year on the 2nd line and has seen power play time, resulting in 2 goals. In fact, that line got going offensively when Purcell was moved off it.

It's not like he's played with slouches most of the time, and he only is being moved around because he hasn't shown he can play on those lines yet. With his skillset, he needs to score. He isn't fast, he isn't a great defender, he's a scorer. When you are a goal scorer, you have to play with intensity in the offensive zone, and he just doesn't the majority of the time. Maybe it is his nature - Frolov doesn't look very driven in the offensive zone either - but he's got so much skill in so many areas he gets results. Purcell doesn't have that rounded skill to overcome not playing full-bore all the time. He has a wicked shot, but we rarely see it. He needs to watch tapes of Cammelleri, because that's how he needs to play. Mike isn't great on defense, and he's not particularly good in the corners. But he knows where to go to get open and is willing to go to scoring areas and it results in points. Purcell is 6' 3", he should have no problems going to those spots.

I want Teddy to succeed as much as anyone, but the time for excuses is over. He's been given a shot and for whatever reason hasn't produced. If he doesn't pick it up soon, I can almost guarantee he'll be moved in a package. Hey, it might be best for the Kings and Purcell. Look what Moulsen has done on the island, maybe he needs a change of scenery as well.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Let's hope they can make an impact. I would hope Loktionov is given top six minutes. The lines I'd like to see:

Purcell-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Loktionov-Brown
Parse-Handzus-Simmonds
Ivanans-Richardson-Harrold/Segal

I have grown impatient with Purcell, so now is put up or shut up time for him. See what he can do playing on the top line. If he can't keep up, then he just doesn't belong on this team or in the NHL.

Brown (and Frolov) will get a creative playmaker to play with for once. Let's see what they can do.

Parse is the perfect fit for the checking line, now they just need to get Simmonds back to playing an aggressive game.

The fourth line is what it is.
So it is written, so it shall come to pass. Those are the lines the Kings will roll with tomorrow. Is Terry Murray reading HF???

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
So it is written, so it shall come to pass. Those are the lines the Kings will roll with tomorrow. Is Terry Murray reading HF???
Dude, you are totally overblowing your psychic abilities. It's Segal/Ivanans-Richardson-Harrold, not Ivanans-Richardson-Harrold/Segal.

Jeez.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 08:10 AM
gopens66

What's the word on how long Stoll is out? Any chance he plays tonight?

gopens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 08:14 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopens66 View Post
He won't play tonight because the Kings recalled Andrei Loktionov to take his spot on the 2nd line. Stoll is skating though....

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Dude, you are totally overblowing your psychic abilities. It's Segal/Ivanans-Richardson-Harrold, not Ivanans-Richardson-Harrold/Segal.

Jeez.
http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=1764
Quote:
Rob Scuderi and Jarret Stoll both skated this morning, but neither will play tonight. The Kings will go with a fourth line of Brandon Segal, Brad Richardson and Raitis Ivanans.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 03:03 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
lol. Nice.

Old
11-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopens66 View Post
Someone needs some points

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 05:00 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

dang whos next?

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 08:01 PM
exstasie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Someone needs some points

I know I sure as heck do! lol

Damn Stoll!

exstasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 04:00 AM
KingLB

Anyone find it weird that during the oilers broadcast they seemed to "know" it was a groin injury, but all we've gotten is "lower body injury"? (unless I missed an update in this thread)

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 02:01 PM
not tellin*

this should provide some relief

http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=1857

Quote:
Jarret Stoll is back in the lineup tonight, recovered from what he revealed to be a groin strain, but Rob Scuderi is described as doubtful for the game. The Kings’ forwards are expected to skate as follows:

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 02:06 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by not tellin View Post

Stoll obviously saw the new avatar

Old
11-28-2009, 02:06 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
The lines should be:

Simmonds/Kopi/JW
Frolov/Zeus/Brown
Parse/Stoll/Purcell
Ivanans/Richardson/Segal

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 06:33 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by not tellin View Post

Good news indeed.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 06:59 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

hey guys, about Stoll. I always liked him since his Oilers days and have a question about his place on your team. It's a bit fantasy related, but only you guys would know.

is he on your top pp, even with Smyth and Williams healthy? does he play the point? he's got a great shot, I would assume he is there. anything on Stoll would be much appreciated. thanks guys, you got a great team, lots of young talent.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
hey guys, about Stoll. I always liked him since his Oilers days and have a question about his place on your team. It's a bit fantasy related, but only you guys would know.

is he on your top pp, even with Smyth and Williams healthy? does he play the point? he's got a great shot, I would assume he is there. anything on Stoll would be much appreciated. thanks guys, you got a great team, lots of young talent.
He has played the point and he does have a terrific shot but I think recently he has been taken off the point.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote