HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's raining in Vancouver, but I don't give a **** (Globetrotters @ Canucks 11/22)

Old
11-23-2009, 09:16 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 500
Tanking implies that we purposely attempted to get a lower pick in order to improve in the future. We just flat out sucked for 10 years. I will copy BWC's post from the Leafs/Hawks thread

We are not the Pens

We struggled for a decade and most of our young talent failed!

Remember when Tyler Arnason , Mark Bell , Kyle Calder and Micheal Leighton were the Hawks bright future?

Toews (3rd) , Kane (1st) and Barker (3rd) are the only high picks we had

Sharp acq via trade (Flyers felt he was a bust)
Versteeg acq via trade (Bruins didn't think he would be a top 6 forward)
Ladd acq via trade (We sent them our bust Ruutu they sent theres)
Bolland (2nd round pick)
Burish (9th round pick)
Byfuglien (8th round pick)
Brouwer (7th round pick)
Fraser (acq via Zhamnov to Flyers deal)
Kopecky - UFA
Hossa - UFA
Madden - UFA
Ebbett- Waivers
Seabrook (Mid 1st round pick)
Keith (2nd round pick)
Hjalmarsson (4th round pick)
Hendry - undrafted FA
Sopel - UFA
Campbell - UFA
Huet - UFA
Niemi - UFA
Eager (Flyers felt Jim Vandermeer was a #1 dman)

Skille (7th overall) is still a ? mark

Please dont compare the Hawks to the Pens!

We sucked for a decade, Couldn't watch most Hawks games and our owner generally screwed us!

The Pens just stopped showing up when there team lost super Mario and Jagr

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:30 PM
MrSerious

And if we tanked, Malkin would be on this team right now.

MrSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:41 PM
crimsonking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Well, I wouldn't call where we place as pathetic. Finishing in the bottom year after year is pathetic...we unfortunately don't fall to that level.
Where were the Sedins drafted again?

crimsonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:46 PM
crimsonking

Quote:
Nice, love the arrogance of some you fans...look we get it suck for 10 years stockpile a team then bash all the others who didn't basement dwell with you for a decade. One thing the black hawks prove is that the league rewards patheticness. Take away all the high draft picks and your team is crap. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, but god, have some perspective and drop the arrogance.
Every team has a few fans like that, even yours. Do you even read your own board??

Old
11-23-2009, 09:57 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonking View Post
Where were the Sedins drafted again?
Um, do some research on this one....which canucks draft pick were they picked on?

rune74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 10:14 AM
crimsonking

Quote:
Um, do some research on this one....which canucks draft pick were they picked on?
Um, OK, let's discuss since you avoided it anyways... Canucks were the 2nd worst team the year before 98-99 (as you called it earlier, a "pathetic excuse" of a team for one to finish so low) and got a high draft choice (3rd in an expansion year). They also picked up the other Sedin with some moves to get back to back selections.

Point is, Canucks were painfully bad for a couple of years, just like Chicago, it happens. I fully admit too, that Chicago sucked for a lot longer, we had some notoriously bad management.

Old
11-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Steve Larmer

Quote:
I think getting a lottery pick in the draft defines tanking.
Are you serious? Get the hell outta here man.

Steve Larmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

chicago visits west Canada and leaves with 14-3 goals and 6 of 6 Points.

the next win is in SJ... Hossa comes back and scores the GameWinner

And Chicago hasn't bulit his team only by high picks like the pens (Crosby, Malkin, Fleury etc.)

We have had a bad management in the past. But thats over by now. Good player development, FA singings (the players, not all contracts) and good Trades (especially Sharp) are the key for the success. Also a good Coach named Quennville is a reason. So let's make it 10-0 the last 10 games

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Nice, love the arrogance of some you fans...look we get it suck for 10 years stockpile a team then bash all the others who didn't basement dwell with you for a decade. One thing the black hawks prove is that the league rewards patheticness. Take away all the high draft picks and your team is crap. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, but god, have some perspective and drop the arrogance.
So three top 3 picks in 10+ years is stockpiling, especially when one of them (Barker) will most likely never be anywhere close to earning his high draft status. Does the name Bill Wirtz mean anything to you. That crazy old man sent Roenick and Belfour out the door in the prime of their careers simply because of money. Wirtz and our moronic g.m's were responsible for sending Chelios, Amonte, Zhamnov (who we got for Roenick) and Sullivan all out the door as well. Our whole team and identity was stripped away throughout the late 90's and early part of the 2000's. That's why we were bad. Believe me I wish we had tanked in 2004 so we could have gotten Malkin. We deserve a player like that for all the **** we've had to put up with over the years.

To say we were like Pittsburgh or even Washington is'nt even close to being right. The Pens ownership and the league knew that unless they got Crosy that team was as good as gone. Hawks were never in danger of losing their team if they did'nt draft another Lemieux type phenom in order to save their franchise. The Canucks will always be a middle of the pack team since they don't do bold enough moves and put the trust and faith of the teams hopes in all the wrong players. Exhibit A- Markus Naslund.

Last edited by Bring Back GLR: 11-24-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Wait a sec....they did make Bongo Bob their captain, so I guess that's a pretty bold move.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
If the league rewarded patheticness the Canucks would win the Cup every year.

(was that harsh? probably)
no they would still be mediocre, like they are now...

Moore Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Blackwater13*

Quote:
Got IRONY?

Blackwater13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 05:31 PM
rune74

Quote:
Um, OK, let's discuss since you avoided it anyways... Canucks were the 2nd worst team the year before 98-99 (as you called it earlier, a "pathetic excuse" of a team for one to finish so low) and got a high draft choice (3rd in an expansion year). They also picked up the other Sedin with some moves to get back to back selections.

Point is, Canucks were painfully bad for a couple of years, just like Chicago, it happens. I fully admit too, that Chicago sucked for a lot longer, we had some notoriously bad management.
They did not get the third overall pick....they never have had below 4th overall pick in the draft...it was 4th...which they traded up. btw one of the pics was chicago's.

As for the posts on bold moves etc etc...it's easy to say that when people you trade for do better then they were expected to...that sharp trade was excellent example.

Old
11-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Blackwater13*

Quote:
They did not get the third overall pick....they never have had below 4th overall pick in the draft...it was 4th...which they traded up. btw one of the pics was chicago's.

As for the posts on bold moves etc etc...it's easy to say that when people you trade for do better then they were expected to...that sharp trade was excellent example.
Can I ask WTF your point is to any of the trolling posts you've made in this thread?

Old
11-24-2009, 07:17 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwater13 View Post
Can I ask WTF your point is to any of the trolling posts you've made in this thread?
Trolling huh? You even know what that means?

Old
11-24-2009, 07:41 PM
crimsonking

Quote:

OK, one last time... Vancouver walked in with the 3rd overall pick. It was theirs from being the second worst team in the league. They were bumped one spot for Atlanta (an expansion team). It was theirs and theirs alone. With their OWN pick they selected Henrik Sedin.

The other first in '99 came from a series of trades (yes including Chicago's first for Bryan McCabe and Vancouver's 1st in 2000). They then moved from 4th, to 1st overall, before making a final trade for the 2nd overall pick. However, it had nothing to do with Vancouver's original selection mentioned above for finishing with the second worst record in 1998-99.

I am not trying to be mean, but you really should follow your own advice and "do some research on this one" before telling anyone else to do so. Thank you.

Old
11-24-2009, 07:53 PM
rune74

Quote:

OK, one last time... Vancouver walked in with the 3rd overall pick. It was theirs from being the second worst team in the league. They were bumped one spot for Atlanta (an expansion team). It was theirs and theirs alone. With their OWN pick they selected Henrik Sedin.

The other first in '99 came from a series of trades (yes including Chicago's first for Bryan McCabe and Vancouver's 1st in 2000). They then moved from 4th, to 1st overall, before making a final trade for the 2nd overall pick. However, it had nothing to do with Vancouver's original selection mentioned above for finishing with the second worst record in 1998-99.

I am not trying to be mean, but you really should follow your own advice and "do some research on this one" before telling anyone else to do so. Thank you.
Your right....I miss read the article I was using for reference(reread it) it was ten years ago after all...sorry bout that.

Old
11-24-2009, 10:06 PM
crimsonking

Quote:
Your right....I miss read the article I was using for reference(reread it) it was ten years ago after all...sorry bout that.
No worries. I actually, was only pointing out that Vancouver has had bad years themselves. I don't personally believe they officially tanked, just as I am convinced that Chicago has never tanked on purpose. Our number 1 selection was after finishing fifth worst, and winning the lottery.

Anyways, good luck the rest of the way.

Old
11-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Blackwater13*

Quote:
Trolling huh? You even know what that means?
Indeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

If you would please answer my question in the above post.

Old
11-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Steve Larmer

Quote:

If you're trying to use this as support for your argument, then I'm afraid you have lost all credibility.

Not that you had any to begin with.

Steve Larmer is offline   Reply With Quote