HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikhnov Cut From Team Russia?

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Mikhnov Cut From Team Russia?

According to a Russian poster on the Russia page... he was cut today or yesterday.
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...8&page=3&pp=15

Obviously this is not official confirmation but I'm on it.

Guy

Last edited by Guy Flaming: 04-14-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old
04-14-2004, 11:54 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
According to a Russian poster on the Russia page... he was cut today or yesterday.
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...8&page=3&pp=15

Obviously this is not official confirmation but I'm on it.

Guy
Bad news for him, but this opens up the chance to get him signed ASAP.

Could he still be signed to the Roadrunners?

Old
04-14-2004, 11:54 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

If that is so that is bad news for him, I'm sure he was hoping to make that team.

But also, if that is so, SIGN HIM and get him to the Rrunners quick!

If he can get some valuable ice time during the playoffs that will accerlerate him down the path to the Oilers (where we need him to be) Maybe he'll prove to be a quick study and pick up the NA game very quickly... One can always hope

Plus I personally would love to see what he can do in the AHL.

Last edited by s7ark: 04-14-2004 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Old
04-14-2004, 12:34 PM
YKOil

It is becoming...

...obvious that the NHL is where he needs to be if he is ever going to get any better. He needs the larger workload in terms of games and he needs the stiffer competition in terms of talent if he is ever to hit his max potential.

YKOil

Old
04-14-2004, 12:58 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKOil
...obvious that the NHL is where he needs to be if he is ever going to get any better. He needs the larger workload in terms of games and he needs the stiffer competition in terms of talent if he is ever to hit his max potential.

YKOil
There's also something to be said for easing a guy into a new situation. This is a guy who can't really speak English and will be in a completely new culture. Adding to that stress (ie: putting straight into the NHL) would be a pretty big shock.

On the other hand (and I don't know if this is what you were getting at), but the Oilers could be a better fit for him since he would have some mates from the Motherland (Semenov and Ulanov) to give hime guidance.

Either way, it wouldn't hurt him to finish out the year on the Runners and see where it goes next year.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:14 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guy, if you are talking to the Oilers about an update can you ask if it is even an option to sign him and get him to the roadrunners?

If you get a chance that is. Thanks mang

Old
04-14-2004, 01:51 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
well i just asked Evgeny (aka Eugene aka RussianProspects)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
I did not see it anywhere - but I would not be surprised - he was probably on of the fringe guys - put on the team before the players from the clubs in the finals finished the season

Old
04-14-2004, 05:31 PM
TkachevYak2Slepy
HFBoards Sponsor

If they could get him in the AHL, no doubt there would be individualized coaching to help him improve his skating skills.

Old
04-14-2004, 05:49 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Guy got this link from the Russian posters, http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?84628

now i know its in Russian but there's hope since my neighbour can speak Russian, ok his English isn't good but he's fluent in Russian .

Old
04-14-2004, 06:00 PM
rabi_sultan

My next door neighbour is nowhere to be found so i'll ask him for a proper translation tommorow, meanwhile i'll give u a web translation so bear with me its not gonna be 100% accurate.

----

HOCKEY
UP TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2004 THERE WERE 10 DAYS
WHAT IN THE NEW CONTRACTS OFFERED TO TRAINERS?

Alexey Laputin from Odintsov

Yesterday the next round of negotiations has taken place in Odintsov concerning contracts of heads of modular Russia. Discussion in which trainers of a national command Victor Tikhonov, Vladimir Jurzinov and Valery Belousov have taken part, general manager Anatoly Bardin, manager Alexey Kasatonov, president FHR Alexander Steblin, vice-presidents FHR and PHL Igor Tuzik and Vladimir Shalaev, the secretary general of federation Valentine Kozin, last about one and a half hours. Any comments on the results of the meeting have been refused by all parties involved. Under information "SE", contracts in which all are taken into account their wishes (so, and participation on the Cup of the world - 2004 are offered to trainers?), but those have taken one-two day on reflection. In the near future the same contracts will be offered to Bardin and Kasatonovu.

In structure of modular Russia there was one change - has gone home attacking "Siberia" Mihnov. As of yesterday's evening injured in a command is not present. Nevertheless today everyone will pass careful medical examination, and also check on a dope. 23 players will take part in matches for the third place in Euroround against modular Czechia. Not got in structure will stay in Odintsov. But anybody from a holder does not drop out of them - everyone continue to remain candidates on trip on the world championship.

---

make of that what you want guys im gonna wait for my friend to wake up.

Old
04-14-2004, 06:05 PM
outKast*

ouch. He really needs to come to North America to continue his development. There's nothing really going for him in Russia.

Old
04-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
Yesterday the next round of negotiations has taken place in Odintsov concerning contracts of heads of modular Russia. Discussion in which trainers of a national command Victor Tikhonov, Vladimir Jurzinov and Valery Belousov have taken part, general manager Anatoly Bardin, manager Alexey Kasatonov, president FHR Alexander Steblin, vice-presidents FHR and PHL Igor Tuzik and Vladimir Shalaev, the secretary general of federation Valentine Kozin, last about one and a half hours. Any comments on the results of the meeting have been refused by all parties involved. Under information "SE", contracts in which all are taken into account their wishes (so, and participation on the Cup of the world - 2004 are offered to trainers?), but those have taken one-two day on reflection. In the near future the same contracts will be offered to Bardin and Kasatonovu.

In structure of modular Russia there was one change - has gone home attacking "Siberia" Mihnov. As of yesterday's evening injured in a command is not present. Nevertheless today everyone will pass careful medical examination, and also check on a dope. 23 players will take part in matches for the third place in Euroround against modular Czechia. Not got in structure will stay in Odintsov. But anybody from a holder does not drop out of them - everyone continue to remain candidates on trip on the world championship.

---
The first paragraph sounds like it lists everyone involved in picking the team, that they held closed door meetings and no one would comment so far, but that it sounds like the management has been offered contracts??

The second paragraph is the pivotal one. Does that first sentence make more sense as: "In regards to Team Russia there has been one development, Sibir's Mikhnov was eliminated from contention and sent home."

Sounds odd that he was the only one. Wake up your neighbour Rabi... this is serious!

Old
04-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Lowetide

I'm thrilled at Mikhnov's season. This guy has taken steps forward in each of the last two seasons, and is still pretty young. He's playing (and scoring goals) in a pretty good league from what we've come to know.

He's come over and had a glimpse, and things look good.

Doesn't anyone remember the days when a scouting report consisted of "satelitte photos indicate a tall kid was skating Tuesday on a rink near the Minsk tractor factory?"

Old
04-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Dangerdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
My next door neighbour is nowhere to be found so i'll ask him for a proper translation tommorow, meanwhile i'll give u a web translation so bear with me its not gonna be 100% accurate.

----

HOCKEY
UP TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2004 THERE WERE 10 DAYS
WHAT IN THE NEW CONTRACTS OFFERED TO TRAINERS?

Alexey Laputin from Odintsov

---

make of that what you want guys im gonna wait for my friend to wake up.
I read that line using my very limited russian, and basically it says the only change whatever day that was, was that they sent home Sibir's forward Mikhnov.

Old
04-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Mr Sakich

it seems unusual to cut a guy before camp even starts but consider these two lines together:

In structure of modular Russia there was one change - has gone home attacking "Siberia" Mihnov. As of yesterday's evening injured in a command is not present

Is it possible Miknov's injury resulted in being sent home?

Old
04-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Dangerdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
it seems unusual to cut a guy before camp even starts but consider these two lines together:

In structure of modular Russia there was one change - has gone home attacking "Siberia" Mihnov. As of yesterday's evening injured in a command is not present

Is it possible Miknov's injury resulted in being sent home?
It does look like he was injured yesterday evening from what i can make out of it, its a damn weird language.

Old
04-15-2004, 09:09 AM
Lord

Send a message via ICQ to Lord
I don't think that Mikhnov despite his tramendous progress this season was ready for national team. For him and his current team, which is far from being good, its already a great achievement to be invited in the training camp.
Yes, no reasons were mentioned for cutting Mikhnov, but i hope to ask somebody from our coach stuff tomorrow after game with Czech Republic.
Also i hope to watch live Hemsky and Dvorak play.

Old
04-15-2004, 04:12 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_Gretzky
It does look like he was injured yesterday evening from what i can make out of it, its a damn weird language.
It is 100 million times easier to learn then english. Much much easier to go to a greek based language to a Latin based language - and english is the absolute worst with all the rule breaking and borrowed words etc there is.

Old
04-15-2004, 04:55 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
It is 100 million times easier to learn then english. Much much easier to go to a greek based language to a Latin based language - and english is the absolute worst with all the rule breaking and borrowed words etc there is.
Very much agree on that. (Since I had to learn english from scratch)

Old
04-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

French has GOT to be the easiest language to learn by far! They got kids in Paris barely out of diapers speaking that stuff like there's no tomorrow!

Closed Thread