HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Do we officially have two lines now?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2009, 09:16 PM
  #26
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,282
vCash: 500
roster players? last time i checked lats is suposed to be benched and hasnt avereged more then 10 min a game. pretty sure thats easly replaceable. the way lats is playing right now, also replaceable, specially since moen clearly took his role this year as the energizer bunny

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 11:47 PM
  #27
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
I'm with you on that one. I can't believe how the majority of Habs fans can't see past 3 days from now in terms of essentially anything to do with the team.

Latendresse will most likely develop into a good scorer in the NHL once he figures out how to use his size properly. Lappy is a pest that ANY team in the NHL wants.

Leave it to the HFBoards Habs board to decide that because of 22 games this season they're both busts and that they have no trade value.
Well, if they have relatively low trade value, compared to what they might have at other times, then I guess this is NOT a good time to trade them.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 11:52 PM
  #28
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
I'm with you on that one. I can't believe how the majority of Habs fans can't see past 3 days from now in terms of essentially anything to do with the team.

Latendresse will most likely develop into a good scorer in the NHL once he figures out how to use his size properly. Lappy is a pest that ANY team in the NHL wants.

Leave it to the HFBoards Habs board to decide that because of 22 games this season they're both busts and that they have no trade value.
For once, I agree with you. Although, I'd be shocked if we could get that level of player for a package featuring them.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:06 AM
  #29
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Latendresse and Lapierre have some much value
This makes me a bit nervous about the development of those two players. At a time where 2 of our top 6 forwards are down (well 3 if you actually notice that we only have 5 top 6 forwards), the Latendresse-Lapierre duo got outplayed offensively by a line of Moen-Metropolit-Pacioretty.

I repeat, a line of Moen-Metropolit-Pacioretty took the second offensive line duty instead of Lapierre-Latendresse, are they taking things for granted ? If they were at least working hard at practice, Martin would have most probably given them that second line icetime, but now, they get demoted on the depth chart so that a plumber line get offensive duty instead of them.

Maybe someone should find Latendresse address so that we could hang up a huge banner facing his window saying "Put your *** in front of the net." If he see that morning after morning, one might think he would finally remember what he is projected to be as a player. Remember when Ryder thought he could be a puckhandler and lost the puck each time he tried to deke a defenseman instead of shooting ? Well this is what I feel will happen with Latendresse, but even worse since he can't even score as of now.

Oh and can someone tell Lapierre to take that silly, arrogant grin off his face ? He doesn't have the talent or the performances to back up such arrogance, maybe he should concentrate on his offensive game instead of practicing his plumber skills. If we needed a Steve Begin, we would have kept him, so please Maxim, concentrate on why we chose you to play for the Habs, we don't need a new bald, high-sticking and overpaid fourth-liner filling up the LTIR.

And while I'm bashing the LaNoobs, let's talk a bit about Laraque. I've never seen a player sabotage his own team like that so soon after his return from injury, is that guy doing this on purpose ? Is he that full of himself ? Maybe he has a cow with Martin ? Scratch that, he's a damn veggie now, soon enough he'll end his combats taking off his shirt to show a greenpeace promotional t-shirt underneat.

Oh and it's good to be back on HF.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:14 AM
  #30
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
BG, please get us Patrick Sharp out of Chicago. He fits like a glove into our new system. He's great at both ends of the ice, kills penalties, works hard, is hella fast and is seriously clutch. Give Chicago Sergei and a 2nd rounder. He played with Kane and Gagner in junior. That's about all the salary Chicago can take on. Imagine:

Sharp - Gomez - Kostitsyn
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Metropolit - Moen
Laraque - Pyatt - White
(Latendresse, Lapierre, Chipchura)

Markov - Mara
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gorges - O'Byrne
(Gill, Leach)

Price
Halak

Try to name one hole in this lineup. I don't think you can. It's got speed, size up front and in the back (when can we say we actually had that?), grit, playoff experience, defense, offense, youth, and potential.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:20 AM
  #31
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
BG, please get us Patrick Sharp out of Chicago. He fits like a glove into our new system. He's great at both ends of the ice, kills penalties, works hard, is hella fast and is seriously clutch. Give Chicago Sergei and a 2nd rounder. He played with Kane and Gagner in junior. That's about all the salary Chicago can take on. Imagine:

Sharp - Gomez - Kostitsyn
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Metropolit - Moen
Laraque - Pyatt - White
(Latendresse, Lapierre, Chipchura)

Markov - Mara
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gorges - O'Byrne
(Gill, Leach)

Price
Halak

Try to name one hole in this lineup. I don't think you can. It's got speed, size up front and in the back (when can we say we actually had that?), grit, playoff experience, defense, offense, youth, and potential.
You seem, like most of people doing trade proposals on HF, to forget the part that there's 28 other teams in the league. I'm pretty sure at least 15-20 out of them would be ready to pay way more than Sergei Kostitsyn to get their hands on Sharp, Bob Gainey will have to do better than that.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:33 AM
  #32
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,915
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Don't write off D'ago guys. He has amazing speed and a great shot. I could see him coming back and scoring a lot.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:41 AM
  #33
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Well, if they have relatively low trade value, compared to what they might have at other times, then I guess this is NOT a good time to trade them.
That's the point. I don't think that they DO have low trade-value.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:47 AM
  #34
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
You seem, like most of people doing trade proposals on HF, to forget the part that there's 28 other teams in the league. I'm pretty sure at least 15-20 out of them would be ready to pay way more than Sergei Kostitsyn to get their hands on Sharp, Bob Gainey will have to do better than that.
Then he should do it. My point was less what we could get him for and more so that our team would be lights out with him in the lineup.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:16 AM
  #35
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Bring Gomez and Gionta back and take away the extra pressure felt by Kostitsyn to perform and everything is ****ed.

Don't get me wrong I like Kosty, but it took our top 6 to be destroyed by the injury plague in order to get his game on, I'm afraid it wouldn't be the same if we had Gomez and Gionta in the lineup.
Actually, if you look at hiss career game log, he's always been a late starter and he's turning it up as he always did around end november.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.