HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keith to the ducks

Old
11-23-2009, 03:18 PM
salty justice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
People are seriously saying Keith > Getzlaf?? He's one of the top 10 players in the league, absolutely dominant when steps onto ice and a huge playoff performer too.
I think people are saying: on this Chicago team Keith > Getzlaf.

Getzlaf is more valuable than Keith by a small margin IMO. But there is no reason to trade our Norris candidate when we have more than enough offense already. Although I think if someone were to say Keith (top 5 dman) > Getzlaf (top 5 C) its not much of a stretch.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Happyhary9

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
I think people are saying: on this Chicago team Keith > Getzlaf.

Getzlaf is more valuable than Keith by a small margin IMO. But there is no reason to trade our Norris candidate when we have more than enough offense already.
Yep that pretty much it. Hawks with Keith/no Getz>> then Hawks with Getz/no Keith.

When two players are this close in value and I think Getz is slightly ahead. It comes down to teams need/positioning. Remember the goal is to win the cup.

Happyhary9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Jebus
That boulder?

As a Kings fan, I would love to see the Ducks trade Ryan Getzlaf for Duncan Keith.

Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Everything you got for Pronger.

Plus a 1st and a playable 2nd liner that's not overpaid

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 04:46 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

This thread alltogether screams fail.

Hawks love Keith, Ducks love Getz. Why go after Keith when we could acquire someone of marginally lesser talent for cheaper? (and probably one without the "franchise" tag written all over him)

c4rcy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Yeah, the Ducks probably need a next franchise defenceman but shoot for the stars and overpay for Keith? I don't think so, way too valuable for Hawks, don't think that they would trade him for anything. So, for a quick fix to maybe league's suckiest defence atm, how about Barker? Correct me if im wrong but Hawks would probably give up him, if the value's there.

So, my proposal for Barker would be, i dont know. Mitera and Philly's 1st? I think that could work for both teams in the long haul. What do ya think?

Doothpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

This Keith vs. Getzlaf debate is pointless. Both are equally valuable to their teams. Keith is a top five defenseman in the league, while Getzlaf is a top ten center. Both are young, and once Keith's deal is done, signed long-term.

They won't be traded for each other. But value-wise, you bet Keith is worth Getzlaf, and vice-versa. Chicago trading Keith is so ridiculously unrealistic that I'd compare it to the Penguins trading Crosby or Malkin. Ditto with Getzlaf.

Some of these proposals are just mind-blowingly pointless.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:49 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
This Keith vs. Getzlaf debate is pointless. Both are equally valuable to their teams. Keith is a top five defenseman in the league, while Getzlaf is a top ten center. Both are young, and once Keith's deal is done, signed long-term.

They won't be traded for each other. But value-wise, you bet Keith is worth Getzlaf, and vice-versa. Chicago trading Keith is so ridiculously unrealistic that I'd compare it to the Penguins trading Crosby or Malkin. Ditto with Getzlaf.

Some of these proposals are just mind-blowingly pointless.
i didnt open this post as a proposal.. i was just wondering whether it was possibly to get keith from the hawks.. i didnt realize that keith was THAT valuable to the hawks organisation, i dont watch them too much...

bumperkisser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 12:03 AM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
no lines would somehow be better? Not to mention our 2nd line RW would lead the Hawks in goals.
3 pages of drivel and this post really stood out.

This guy wants me to be impressed because the 2nd line wing ON THE WORST TEAM IN THE CONFERENCE which just happens to be his team has more goals by himself than any player on the team that is statistically the best team in the conference.
I guess we are awarding championships based on singular goal scorers now rather than team victories. Sometimes it just hard to read this stuff and know people actually believe what they say.

What makes your quip important or relevent? I sat around with a couple of pals before the season started and none of us said "Boy I don't care if we suck balls I just hope our 2nd line winger can outscore every guy on a good team.)

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote