HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you prefer?

Old
11-25-2009, 04:30 AM
northernKing

vCash: 500
Who would you prefer?

Lets just say that trading Purcell and a 3rd can land us ONE of the following players. Who would you fans prefer?

Brunette
Hagman
Whitney
Selanne

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:39 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Interesting list.

I can honestly say I would be pretty damn happy with any of those 4. Brunette or Hagman fit the best in terms of style. Whitney and Selanne probably boost our playoff hopes this year the most.

I don't know... tough choice.

mmm..... Hagman.

No... Whitney.

Hagman.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:41 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Interesting list.

I can honestly say I would be pretty damn happy with any of those 4. Brunette or Hagman fit the best in terms of style. Whitney and Selanne probably boost our playoff hopes this year the most.

I don't know... tough choice.

mmm..... Hagman.

No... Whitney.

Hagman.
I too prefer Hagman as he has two more yrs at 3M after this season and could be a perfect fit on 3rd line, but also could move up to 2nd if need be. Probably most versatile on the list.

Old
11-25-2009, 04:45 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
I too prefer Hagman as he has two more yrs at 3M after this season and could be a perfect fit on 3rd line, but also could move up to 2nd if need be. Probably most versatile on the list.
How did you come up with this list?

Too bad Burke probably has zero interest in Purcell. Considering the Wild's new look and direction, they might like to take a shot on Teddy. Carolina as well. Can't imagine the sucks wanting him though.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Selanne.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:49 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

People want Purcell?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:57 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
How did you come up with this list?

Too bad Burke probably has zero interest in Purcell. Considering the Wild's new look and direction, they might like to take a shot on Teddy. Carolina as well. Can't imagine the sucks wanting him though.
I spend WAY TOO MUCH time coming up with fair deals to improve LA! I once told my brother LA needed to trade for Hrudey and it happened a week later. My list is guys I think will be available as their teams fall out of contention.

Old
11-25-2009, 08:09 AM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
kovalchuk

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Rommel

Hagman.

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 09:18 AM
SFKingshomer

That's probably not enough to land any of them but I'd take Hagman because he brings some speed to the left side and is youngish. Brunette is similar to Smyth along the boards behind the net so I don't see the need for him. I think Whitney's playmaking ability would be a good fit between Stoll and Brown.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 09:43 AM
The Judge

Scores an average of 17 PP goals the last 4 years. Reminds me of the Gretzky-Robitaille days. Scored 27 last year in 65 games. Scored two 40+ goals the last 4 years.

Who?

Selanne.

He's my pick. Talking about taking off pressure on Kopitar. That's a sick line. Selanne-Loktinov-Brown.

Ge it done Dean!!!! I know... impossible. Just responding to the thread

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Selanne. But there is no way Purcell and a 3rd can land him.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
People want Purcell?
If by "people" you mean "Kings management" and if by "Purcell" you mean "choose one out of the following three: Teddy Purcell, Brian Boyle, or Matt Moulson", then yes. "People" apparently want "Purcell".

That said, Moulson had 11 goals last time I checked......

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:28 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
If by "people" you mean "Kings management" and if by "Purcell" you mean "choose one out of the following three: Teddy Purcell, Brian Boyle, or Matt Moulson", then yes. "People" apparently want "Purcell".

That said, Moulson had 11 goals last time I checked......
Playing on a 1st line with Tavares. Moulson would likely have Scott Parse numbers playing alongside Handzus and Simmonds. It's all about opportunity.

Old
11-25-2009, 10:43 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

I dont get why people are ragging on the kings for letting Moulson go... Moulson was a 9th round pick that just turned 26 and had a total of 6 nhl goals. The reason Moulson is such a story is because nobody saw that coming. Not even the Islanders... they signed him to just a one year contract.

But i agree with SFKingshomer it is all about opportunity. He is playing on the 1st line of his team with two top ten picks. Good for him.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:45 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Playing on a 1st line with Tavares. Moulson would likely have Scott Parse numbers playing alongside Handzus and Simmonds. It's all about opportunity.
Remind me please, what coach and GM didn't provide that opportunity to Mr Moulson?

If you have a talented player, but don't give him the chance or place him in a position to display that talent, is it the player's fault that they don't excel? I think that you have to adjust your team to fit a players strength's and have them work on their weaknesses.

Sure Moulson might have lower numbers playing third or fourth line, but had he been given more than a momentary shot at second line playing time, would he have produced, and showed the ability to stick at this level, as he is now showing. We will never know.

Still a bit early, but I'd put this one down (tentatively) in the group of players the Kings given up on who went on to have good careers elsewhere.

P.S. As with all those players, I am happy for them that they are able to make the most of their opportunity and have a career playing hockey. On the other hand, I am saddened, all too often, when this organ-eye-zation is shown not to have the insight or ability to place those players in a position to succeed, and they have to go elsewhere to get it.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:48 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Remind me please, what coach and GM didn't provide that opportunity to Mr Moulson?

If you have a talented player, but don't give him the chance or place him in a position to display that talent, is it the player's fault that they don't excel? I think that you have to adjust your team to fit a players strength's and have them work on their weaknesses.

Sure Moulson might have lower numbers playing third or fourth line, but had he been given more than a momentary shot at second line playing time, would he have produced, and showed the ability to stick at this level, as he is now showing. We will never know.

Still a bit early, but I'd put this one down (tentatively) in the group of players the Kings given up on who went on to have good careers elsewhere.

P.S. As with all those players, I am happy for them that they are able to make the most of their opportunity and have a career playing hockey. On the other hand, I am saddened, all too often, when this organ-eye-zation is shown not to have the insight or ability to place those players in a position to succeed, and they have to go elsewhere to get it.
Moulson was given a shot in the top 6 last season and didn't do squat. It's a lot easier to produce when you're the lines 3rd option.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:08 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post

I hear what your saying but you gotta way out your options and see who appears to be the best. Some are going to get away and it sucks and your bitter but it happens to every team in the league. Moulson was also let go with out even given a chance at all by Pittsburgh. If you look at Moulson and Purcell. Purcell appeared to be the better player. He came right into the pros won the rookie of the year in the AHL. Now Purcell is about to the same chance that Moulson got in Long Island. So the jury is still out.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Reaper45

Diehard, if anyone got as much ice time as Moulson does and got to play with Tavares, they'd have 11 goals too. Moulson is a classic case of a guy getting a ton of minutes on a really crappy team.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
not tellin*

wasn't moulson penciled in on the first or second line at the start of the season last year?

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by not tellin View Post
wasn't moulson penciled in on the first or second line at the start of the season last year?
And he pulled a Teddy Purcell and vanished.

Old
11-25-2009, 12:09 PM
meman

Isn't Purcell our First line Winger right now. We should get a huge return for that!

meman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 12:18 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
I dont get why people are ragging on the kings for letting Moulson go... Moulson was a 9th round pick that just turned 26 and had a total of 6 nhl goals. The reason Moulson is such a story is because nobody saw that coming. Not even the Islanders... they signed him to just a one year contract.
But i agree with SFKingshomer it is all about opportunity. He is playing on the 1st line of his team with two top ten picks. Good for him.
Isn't that part of the problem? Coaches and GM's are paid to be able to figure out how to get the most out of their players. We obviously failed in that regard with respect to Moulson. Hoping for him to showcase talent on the fourth line with limited playing minutes clearly deprived him of that opportunity. Seeing that he might have been able to center a second line now, its easy to dismiss by saying "well, he's playing with Tavares."

The question you need to ask yourself is: what might he have done playing with Brown and Frolov

Old
11-25-2009, 12:28 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Reaper,

I dont think any of the young kids, except Moller and Parse have been given that chance, and I will agree that Boyle never played to his size or potential. I believe in the TM era, if you don't play Grinder sytle hockey on lines 3 and 4 adequately, you aren't given a significant shot at playing top six hockey.

I am not saying I have a problem with the style the Kings now play (although soem of the questionable line combo's and player choices (Raitis and Petey) boggle the hell out of me. I just think that skill guys need to play with skill players to be able to showcase their talent. Moulson wasnt pencilled in on second line, he was really only given a shot at bottom six, and with that he was able to do very little.

Old
11-25-2009, 12:44 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Selanne. But there is no way Purcell and a 3rd can land him.
I know. I was just responding who I preferred on the list. It definitely will cost us more.

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote