HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I want Kovalev back...

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Portishead

vCash: 500
I want Kovalev back...

I'd like to know your opinions...
I've always been a Alex Kovalev's supporter. Always liked him (more since I read a biography from his father).
I know what type of player he is and what comes with it.
He might sometimes be invisible. He might make silly giveaways. He might lack of heart, intensity.
There are some players that might produce equally or even more points-wise, but... Alex Kovalev's entertaining !

When he's playing like he was the last two games, there's so very few players that entertaining.

I'd like to know if you'd sign him back ? Of course it'd depends at what price...
But.. knowing that we'd at least have him for another season would make next year, if there's a season, so much more fun.
We're way better with him, even with the occasionnal nights off...

P.s.- D'you know the difference between José Théodore and all those one-hit wonders back in the 80's ? Those one-hit wonders still play occasionnally...

Old
04-14-2004, 04:26 PM
jcpenny

The Kovalev of this years playoffs doesnt lack heart nor intensity and playing with koivu and Zed would motivate him.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:28 PM
justicex

Im not watching much games during the regular season, I find it a little boring, but sure I would watch more games I think if Kovi would come back next year.

But I have so no idea about what kind of salary I would give him. 6 millions seem high, but I dunno, he can be as good as Guerin and peps who won 9 mils$+.. so if he play real good 50% of the games, 5-6 millions is fair in this way ..

Old
04-14-2004, 04:30 PM
markov`

I think the maximum we should give to Kovalev is 5.5 millions, for 2 years, with some bonus. If he ask 6+, no way.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:30 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
I'd sure keep him... with a two-years contract of about 4,5M$ per years.. I know it's a big salary drop, but frankly, I don't think he deserves more if you check his regular season stats.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
I WANT THIS GUY BACK WITH THW HABS NEXT YEAR,I always loved him and will always will

I say

2 years+a team option

1 year:4millions+performance bonus
2 year:5.2millions+performance bonus

Old
04-14-2004, 04:47 PM

I'm not going to get into the numbers game on how much he should be re-signed for, but I would like him to be back, no doubt!

For the pure fact that the Habs have lacked this gamebreaker, the guy that get's you out of your seats, good teams have at least one, but we as fans must learn that with these types of high maintenance players, mistakes come with the territory, i'm willing to accept that, most posters on this board are willing too, 21 273 screaming fans...not sure about that

Old
04-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I'm not going to get into the numbers game on how much he should be re-signed for, but I would like him to be back, no doubt!

For the pure fact that the Habs have lacked this gamebreaker, the guy that get's you out of your seats, good teams have at least one, but we as fans must learn that with these types of high maintenance players, mistakes come with the territory, i'm willing to accept that, most posters on this board are willing too, 21 273 screaming fans...not sure about that
George Gillette said in an interview prior to the playoffs that the decision will be made by Bob Gainey and money will not be a factor. This will be a hockey decision.

So, if Bob Gainey, the genius, the savior etc.... wants him back, he will be back.

Old
04-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
George Gillette said in an interview prior to the playoffs that the decision will be made by Bob Gainey and money will not be a factor. This will be a hockey decision.

So, if Bob Gainey, the genius, the savior etc.... wants him back, he will be back.
He will be back then, no doubt

Closed Thread