HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"My head was already somewhere else"

Old
11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Christ, I just heard Bob MacKenzie report that in Phoenix when he was to be a healthy scratch, Lats stayed in the hotel rather than show up the rink and was sleeping. When there was a last moment scratch and the team needed him, they literally needed to go wake him up.

No wonder he got shipped.

Gainey basically said problem for problem, so hopefully both kids take the hint and step up their game in new cities.

I am enjoying the angst on RDS though. They don't even seem to care that Pouliot is French (although from Ontario). They're freaking out good.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
oli500

The problem in Montreal with young players is that they dont have much time to make an impression. They have a 3 year window before media and fans get of the bandwagon and the guy becomes the whipping boy. Young players cannot progress at the same level young players else were can progress because of that. This being said latendresse has no business being better. He had his chance and he blew it, the problem was the young age he made this team. Every one wants subban on this team including me but I say keep him in the minors because by the time he "gets it" the honey moon well be over. If he learns his craft in the minors he will be that much better for us and another mistake like latendresse will have been avoided.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

That doesn't belong in the Latendresse thread or for the last time posters deserved a last bashing fest by opening more than one relevant thread?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Sounds like Leclair round 2...I can just hear the pea brained posters making the Mcdonalds jokes jumping all over Gainey in a few years...
I've laughed every time I've seen this type of post all evening long.

Why couldn't we be the ones getting the great forward and Lats goes on waivers after not figuring out what he needs to do to stick in the NHL?

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LesCanadiens

Nothing worse than someone with sour grapes after being let go/traded. I've lost all my respect for GL....who I've been a supporter of all along. It (badmouthing) points to a more general character and attitude flaw...'cause people with good character hold their head up and leave with dignity and class.

Yet, we have the same apologists blaming the coaches and everything else except for the one person in direct control of their destiny, the player. No wonder so many players are spoiled rotten. The fans are too light on them.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
Lol. Good job showing to everybody you never played fully with your head Latendresse. People made him a star before he even played an AHL game. Too bad for him and for fans ; he never worked harder than a Montreal blue collar. Say hi to the next Steve Bernier.
Gainey made him a star by not giving him AHL time.

Old
11-23-2009, 09:18 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Sounds like Leclair round 2...I can just hear the pea brained posters making the Mcdonalds jokes jumping all over Gainey in a few years...
Anyone who compares Latendresse to Leclair NEVER saw Leclair play as a Hab.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Gainey made him a star by not giving him AHL time.
I thought he made him an NHL rookie.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Yet, we have the same apologists blaming the coaches and everything else except for the one person in direct control of their destiny, the player. No wonder so many players are spoiled rotten. The fans are too light on them.
Not true. He TOTALLY deserved to be bashed for his lack of effort when it happened. But the point is that he's not the sole responsible. By "sole" it has to mean he HAS some responsabilities but the main factor is that he would have followed the path that he should've taken, he'd still be a Habs at this time and a much needed one.

Old
11-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I saw just about every game he played as a Hab, the comparison is uncanny. I doubt Latendresse puts up Leclair numbers because there is no Lindross in Minny but if they use him right he'll put up 25 or more.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:25 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
Are you serious ? Pouliot even played on the 2nd line.

AHL linemates ? Pretty sure Minnesota have decent wingers on their 2nd line.

Plus this isn't a valuable excuse, Latendresse played with Lapierre and ****ing Tom Kostopoulos.
from what i have heard pouliot has been playing with the boogeyman most of his career and thats the same boogeyman who has 0 goals in the last 180 games....

also i hear pouliot is a reignited man this year with no atttitude playing with intensity and has the top ppm in minny and this was coming from the main board from minny fans

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Toro

anyone care to translate the article? much appreciated.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habdynasty

Hope he enjoys being a nobody down in Brett Farve country....

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Amen to this. Latendresse has ZERO skill, ZERO talent...something Leclair had both of.

And **** him too, whiney *********, I hope Lapierre wakes up or he should be next, along with his buddies Georges and Marc-André.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I thought he made him an NHL rookie.
Not in Montreal. By not showing to the Habs fans that "knows" their hockey like we all know they do...., you are saying that he's too great for the AHL and that he'd be already a solid contributor. At that age, you play in the NHL if you are an exceptional. Crowd, medias and even the org. were blinded by his "great" preseason, and gave him the spot to hang himself. Remember the "Guy, Guy, Guy"????

In Montreal, you need to be careful. Especially with francos. But even for everybody, you need the time to adapt and be ready to face what it is to play in this NHL.

Gainey could have made him a rookie after 2 AHL years. He would've been better prepared.

Old
11-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
No kidding! I remember Leclair in the 1993 Finals in OT coming out of the corner with the puck and a couple of Kings players all over him and he was still able to drive to the front of the net and bury the puck for a goal. Also, Leclair was extremely fast before his back problems hampered him later in his career. Leclair was much faster and had a much better shot than Lats.

I expect Lats to be a productive player (consistent 20 goal scorer) throughout most of his career but he's no Leclair and he certainly wasn't a good fit for Jacques Martin's style of play.

Old
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Price is Right View Post
Translated from the french from RDS. Wow guilaume http://www.rds.ca/
just that makes me like that trade.

sorry guillaume, but that's kinda "loser mentality"

if Jacques doesn't like you, it's nothing against YOU. it's about something in your game, in your attitude. All that can be changed.

I know, I once did, while working in a restaurent, the manager wanted to kill me everytime she saw me on the floor. yet, she was shortstaff and didn't feel like firing me. I worked my ass so hard, without ever complaining and always doing things with a smile (although i did complain from time to time about what a ***** she was) the only time I did talk to hear LOUD, was a time she tried to point at me saying how wrong I was, yet I was right, so I just went right back at her... but rightfully so, and I earned respect for that.

If guillaume doesn't learn that, he'll just want to be traded everytime his coach doesn't like his skating and his backchecking and his hitting, and his working habits.
if he doesn't learn that, he'll end up with Alex Daigle.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
" La seule vraie chance que j’ai eue, c’est l’an passé avec Saku et Alex Kovalev. Ça avait bien été et c’est avec ces souvenirs en tête que je vais partir pour le Minnesota."

He thinks he didn't have a chance? What do you call 3 FULL seasons and 23 games of a 4th? Comments like this makes me think that he's just plain DUMB... type of guy that looks for excuses before actually learning from his mistakes / improving his game.
Actually, I think it was Alex Tanguay.

But anyways.. I dont like his attitude in that interview. He is talking like the organisation never gave him any chance. He had his chance to play on the top 2 lines, he had his chance on the powerplay this season.. dont say you never had a chance. The biggest mistake the organisation did was to give you THAT chance TOO soon.

Like I said, Latendresse had the tools to be a good player in the NHL but he never used them in a regular basis with the Habs. If he play all his games like the game he played against Toronto, he would have a regular spot on the 2nd or even 1st line. He was mean, aggressive and strong on the puck.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him have success with the Wilds because he will now have that extra motivation to play the way he should. I wouldnt be surprised he put his fat ass in front of the goalie just to prove the Habs made a mistake...

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
alexstream

Quote:

Latendresse would have to go to the crease. (box left unchecked)
Latendresse would have to have deflection skills (box unchecked)
Latendresse would have to be able to impose himself physically (box unchecked)

before even being able to say his name in the same sentence as Leclair.

Latendresse can become good... but only Andrew Brunette good. A big guy who cannot really skate, cannot really hit, but has some good hands.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Not in Montreal. By not showing to the Habs fans that "knows" their hockey like we all know they do...., you are saying that he's too great for the AHL and that he'd be already a solid contributor. At that age, you play in the NHL if you are an exceptional. Crowd, medias and even the org. were blinded by his "great" preseason, and gave him the spot to hang himself. Remember the "Guy, Guy, Guy"????

In Montreal, you need to be careful. Especially with francos. But even for everybody, you need the time to adapt and be ready to face what it is to play in this NHL.

Gainey could have made him a rookie after 2 AHL years. He would've been better prepared
The ********* he is, he threatened to re-enter the draft if he was sent to junior and not kept with the Habs that year (not AHL eligible)...what was BG supposed to do? I would've given him the boot right there, from the getgo he had a whiny mentality.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Hermamoud

I think it shows his character when you see him blaming everybody but himself. It was because JM didn't like him. It was because White and Pyatt came up and caught JM's attention. It was because he didn't get enough games on the first line. It was because of his ice time.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:

Gainey could have made him a rookie after 2 AHL years. He would've been better prepared.
When Gainey made him a rookie, Lats wasn't eligible for the AHL. Also, the organization thought he learned everything he could in Drummondville, he would be better off playing against men, and were worried about his two very recent concussions and felt they could monitor/control this issue better with him playing for the organization and with their medical staff.

Old
11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
odishabs

Minnesota Fans seem upset with this deal, thats gotta b good for us right

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:34 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Not true. He TOTALLY deserved to be bashed for his lack of effort when it happened. But the point is that he's not the sole responsible. By "sole" it has to mean he HAS some responsabilities but the main factor is that he would have followed the path that he should've taken, he'd still be a Habs at this time and a much needed one.
Speculation, though mon ami. Not fact. The facts are that for a big dude, he was simply not the physical presence he should be. That rests clearly in his back yard. If I'm 6'2" 225.....I'm my opponents worst nightmare every shift of every game. The opponent is dreading the second I jump over the boards. This rarely, if ever happened with GL....and THAT would had put him over the top and was COMPLETELY his call.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
I heard on CJAD that they were doing some PP drills, and Guillaume would park himself at the top of the circle. They stopped the drill, Pearns told him to go to the front of the net and park himself in front of the goalies crease. They started the drill again, and lo and behold, Guillaume was back at the top of the circle and not in front of the goalie crease.
So Pearn does run the PP...damn him and his not having PP success wherever he goes.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote