HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

AHLive: Pretty Cheap Bussiness Practices

Old
11-23-2009, 10:20 PM
LetsGoBears

vCash: 500
AHLive: Pretty Cheap Bussiness Practices

Well at the end of last year I was happy with their services, but now with the start of the season the nightmare has begun.

Apparently buried deep in the Terms and Conditions (Sec. 22) there is a line that states that next year (this current season) that the subscription will be automatically renewed. Fair enough…but lets look at how this was handled.

1.) This statement is buried so deep with in the T&C and is not mentioned anywhere else on the site.
2.) They do offer a 5 day period to cancel but, no warning/note. that the card was going to be charged again. Also, they took over 7 days to charge the card. This was also slightly over two weeks into the season that the card was charged.
3.) The package that was purchased last year was the away games only. Now the charge this year is for the full season. There was no notification sent, which is in clear violation of their own terms.
4.) The customer service is lacking to say the least. They try hard to not even let you talk to a live person. These type of things aren't handled well through e-mail. (This is the method they prefer and fight tooth and nail to keep it that way.)

As a practicing business man myself, if I were to try and pull this kind of shady actions i'd be in court in a heart beat.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 02:29 PM
SeaToby

vCash: 500
Considering how poorly they have done, its amazing anyone would sign up again. Either the sound or the picture isn't as it should be. To get through a game one must refresh.... or sign out and sign in again.... I'm not impressed whatsoever. I paid good money and I am not getting what I paid for....

SeaToby is offline   Reply With Quote