HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"My head was already somewhere else"

Old
11-23-2009, 08:09 PM
The Price is Right

vCash: 500
"My head was already somewhere else"

Translated from the french from RDS. Wow guilaume http://www.rds.ca/

The Price is Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

Hopefully he can turn his career around and become the player we thought he would be.

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Originalsix

I heard on CJAD that they were doing some PP drills, and Guillaume would park himself at the top of the circle. They stopped the drill, Pearns told him to go to the front of the net and park himself in front of the goalies crease. They started the drill again, and lo and behold, Guillaume was back at the top of the circle and not in front of the goalie crease.

Originalsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:18 PM
David_99

Why do most traded Habs players sound so bitter? Does this happen with every team and we just don't hear it? I understand there was little to no communication with Carbo which frustrated players, but what's with all this "they didn't have me in their future plans" crap we keep hearing? If you don't produce and they try someone younger who does just as well or better, shouldn't you be blaiming yourself? Do they just draft immature players? (immature attitude, not age)

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:19 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
I heard on CJAD that they were doing some PP drills, and Guillaume would park himself at the top of the circle. They stopped the drill, Pearns told him to go to the front of the net and park himself in front of the goalies crease. They started the drill again, and lo and behold, Guillaume was back at the top of the circle and not in front of the goalie crease.
So strange! WTF is wrong with this kid?

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Why do most traded Habs players sound so bitter? Does this happen with every team and we just don't hear it? I understand there was little to no communication with Carbo which frustrated players, but what's with all this "they didn't have me in their future plans" crap we keep hearing? If you don't produce and they try someone younger who does just as well or better, shouldn't you be blaiming yourself? Do you just draft immature players? (immature attitude, not immature in age, of course)
it definitely sounds really bitter. Montreal gave him every opportunity in his career and to me he is blaming everyone else.

i still don't really like the trade as by the sounds of it Pouliot has had just as many issues with attitude and laziness but these comments from Lats and his lack of intensity on the ice make you somewhat think the trade had to happen. Doesn't sound like he wanted to be in Montreal anymore.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quite different speech from the one he made before camp.

Latendresse can become a great player, he just needs to improve his mental focus.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
it definitely sounds really bitter. Montreal gave him every opportunity in his career and to me he is blaming everyone else.

i still don't really like the trade as by the sounds of it Pouliot has had just as many issues with attitude and laziness but these comments from Lats and his lack of intensity on the ice make you somewhat think the trade had to happen. Doesn't sound like he wanted to be in Montreal anymore.
Montreal gave him every opportunity aside from playing in the top 6 that is. Don't tell me he didn't earn it either. Guys like Dags, AKost and Maxpack were handed top 6 spots for doing less.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

'I didn't feel wanted ' 'They didn't wanna give me a phat, long-term contract ' 'I didn't get a shot ' 'Some AHLers who are actually working hard are taking my ice-time '

What a ****ing *****. It seems he's whining that even though he showed 0 effort or progress or wanting to do what the coach asks him, he still wanted that top 6 spot handed to him. What a joke this guy is.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:48 PM
MontrealHabitant

15 goals in 56 games on the 3rd line, vs AHL Player.

dring dring dring

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:49 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
15 goals in 56 games vs AHL Player.
With AHL linemates. Did he play in his natural centre position or was he moved to the wing?

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Go Habs Go

I like how he compares himself to Brassard. In Columbus they have a hard time retaining good players Gui.. Thats why they do it... Prove yourself and you'll get it, the Habs don't "owe" you this contract.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:53 PM
WestIslander

Quote:
Why do most traded Habs players sound so bitter?
1) Because they are being traded from the best city to play hockey in the NHL!
2) Because in this city even a third line player is a rock star
3) The women of Montreal

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-24-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment
WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:53 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Montreal gave him every opportunity in his career and to me he is blaming everyone else.

" La seule vraie chance que j’ai eue, c’est l’an passé avec Saku et Alex Kovalev. Ça avait bien été et c’est avec ces souvenirs en tête que je vais partir pour le Minnesota."

He thinks he didn't have a chance? What do you call 3 FULL seasons and 23 games of a 4th? Comments like this makes me think that he's just plain DUMB... type of guy that looks for excuses before actually learning from his mistakes / improving his game.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:57 PM
FuriousBob

I am sorry but Guillaume had alot of chances on the top 6. Every time someone was injured on the top 6 (except this year) he was the one who would fill the hole. He wasn't doing bad either but he wasn't good enough to 'steal' the spot to the current player once he came back. I remember that ryder-Koivu-Higgins line was good, and Lats is not as good as any of those player.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
MontrealHabitant

Quote:
With AHL linemates. Did he play in his natural centre position or was he moved to the wing?
Are you serious ? Pouliot even played on the 2nd line.

AHL linemates ? Pretty sure Minnesota have decent wingers on their 2nd line.

Plus this isn't a valuable excuse, Latendresse played with Lapierre and ****ing Tom Kostopoulos.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Montreal gave him every opportunity aside from playing in the top 6 that is. Don't tell me he didn't earn it either. Guys like Dags, AKost and Maxpack were handed top 6 spots for doing less.
So Lats 3 points this year has him earning a top 6 role? Thanks for that. You tend to provide good laughs.

From last year through training camp, i have been pulling for Lats but he has shown NOTHING this year to tell me he deserved to be on the top 2 lines. NOTHING. If he was playing like he did in the second half of last season, you would have seen on the top 2 lines. His intensity and level of play has dropped substantially this year.

the fact you don't think akost deserved his chances in the top 6 says a lot.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:03 PM
overlords
Be quiet and drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
Are you serious ? Pouliot even played on the 2nd line.

AHL linemates ? Pretty sure Minnesota have decent wingers on their 2nd line.

Plus this isn't a valuable excuse, Latendresse played with Lapierre and ****ing Tom Kostopoulos.
pretty sure all of pouliot's points this season came alongside the boogey man.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Andrei scored 26G and 53pts in his rookie year. In a poor year, he was still able to gather 23g and 41pts. His offensive upside is much better, he's older, he's a first pick and he's earning more than 3M per season. It shouldn't come as a surprise that they tried to get the most out of A.Kost.

But like I said in another post, Lats had a clear chance to make the top 6.
Sergei was sent down to AHL. So really, he only needed to outplay MaxPac and D'Ago. As poorly as the other two have played, Lats never really outplayed them. That's very disappointing.
D'Ago got injured. MaxPac has little offensive production. But Lats has given little reason to the coach to be used on top lines. Still, he was tried, like every one else. Can't argue D'Ago was given a top6 role this year.

Lats should have been placed with Koivu the past couple years, there was chemistry between them and he could have grown there.
But no reason to go back on the many Carbo mistakes.

This season, in his 4th year, he only has himself to blame.
That being said, I didn't want him traded. I still think he can develop into a good player and if Gomez doesn't get injured, I'm sure he's still here.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
In his interview with CKAC with Villeneuve and Ron,he also said he was "soulage" that he was gone.Good riddance,all he had to do if he wanted out that bad was to ask Gainey.I liked the guy but if all along he wanted out then screw him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:06 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Why do most traded Habs players sound so bitter? Does this happen with every team and we just don't hear it? I understand there was little to no communication with Carbo which frustrated players, but what's with all this "they didn't have me in their future plans" crap we keep hearing? If you don't produce and they try someone younger who does just as well or better, shouldn't you be blaiming yourself? Do they just draft immature players? (immature attitude, not age)
Its because they are average to sub par players playing in a atmosphere where they are treated like Stars and they believe the hype from the medias and fans.

The work ethic for these players aren't here, they think they are owed something...time to look at the old time Quebec players who played and played hard, they are spoiled and Roy called Lats out at 19 and he was right then and right now.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
1) Because they are being traded from the best city to play hockey in the NHL!
2) Because in this city even a third line player is a rock star
3) The women of Montreal
This is it. It's basic human psychology. Tests have shown that people react more negatively to situations where they go from being loved to disliked more than those where they go from indifference to dislike.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-24-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post
Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:10 PM
DeVries*

Lol. Good job showing to everybody you never played fully with your head Latendresse. People made him a star before he even played an AHL game. Too bad for him and for fans ; he never worked harder than a Montreal blue collar. Say hi to the next Steve Bernier.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Sounds like Leclair round 2...I can just hear the pea brained posters making the Mcdonalds jokes jumping all over Gainey in a few years...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
This happens throughout sports. Not to be stereotypical, but most professional athletes have been spoiled, pampered, and told they were the greatest since they were in their early-teens and have developed a sense of entitlement towards everything in life. Also, many of them aren't exactly the brightest and most educated members of our society. Not all pro athletes fit this description but a lot of them do and then you have to combine this with the sense of rejection they feel when they get traded or their contract doesn't get renewed. In all fairness, Guillaume's only 22 and has some growing up to do.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote