HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD 12 Regular Season Results (and, eventually, playoff results)

Old
11-24-2009, 10:49 PM
shawnmullin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to shawnmullin Send a message via MSN to shawnmullin
Congrats to all on their fine showing. Wish I could've done my voting with a lot more research but I hope I didn't skew things in a bad way! Really happy to finish 2nd and appreciate the votes for that even if people say it was a weak division.

shawnmullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Leafs Forever

Yes, thanks to GBC for tabulating the votes. You've done a find job in running things since taking over.

I'm headed to bed shortly. If anyone is willing to post the matchups in one of the remaining two divisions, it would be quite appreciated. I'll see about doing another division in the morning if they both are not already up by then.

Leafs Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 03:59 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeznik View Post
Congrats to all the GM's on great teams, especially Hedberg and the other first place finishers. Can't say I'm happy with my finish, but that's just my competetive side showing it's colors. As a rookie though, I am happy with how my team turned out, and I'd like to thank everyone who voted.

Now onto my first round date with MXD, which should be a hell of a battle. Two very good teams, IMO.
For what it's worth, I had Nova Scotia 2nd in the Lecavalier (and Detroit only narrowly ahead in 1st), and consider your placement the single biggest travesty of the regular season. You did not ice a "5th place team" in terms of quality.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeznik View Post
Congrats to all the GM's on great teams, especially Hedberg and the other first place finishers. Can't say I'm happy with my finish, but that's just my competetive side showing it's colors. As a rookie though, I am happy with how my team turned out, and I'd like to thank everyone who voted.

Now onto my first round date with MXD, which should be a hell of a battle. Two very good teams, IMO.
A few ATDs ago I was a 1st seed who lost in the 2nd round to a 5th seed. The rankings are almost all razor thin...

11-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Leafs Forever

Thanks to Hedberg and arrbez for putting up the Jim Robinson division. Guess I will put up the Foster Hewitt now.

Old
11-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Hockey Outsider

Haven't been around much during the draft but I've enjoyed the discussions in the match-up threads so far. Time permitting I'll try to add a few thoughts over the next couple of days.

Hockey Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 12:10 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Some surprises to me..

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:13 PM
God Bless Canada

Round 1 playoff results for the Jim Robson Division

No. 1 Inglewood Jacks versus the No. 8 Montreal Maroons:

Game 1: Inglewood wins 5-2, scoring the last two goals into an empty net. Doug Harvey has three assists and 32 minutes of ice time.
Game 2: Inglewood wins 6-1 in the "Frank" fest. Frank Nighbor has a goal and three assists, and Frank Mahovlich has a hat trick.
Game 3: Inglewood wins 4-3 in overtime. The Petrov line is masterful in a match-up against the Cowley line. Marty Barry scores twice for Montreal.
Game 4: Montreal wins 3-2 in overtime. Ted Lindsay scores all three goals for Montreal, and now has five goals in the series.
Game 5: Inglewood wins 2-0. Hap Holmes makes 28 saves to get the shutout. Nighbor gets the series winner.

Inglewood wins best-of-seven first round series 4-1.

Three stars for the series:
1. Doug Harvey
2. Frank Nighbor
3. Ted Lindsay

No. 2 New Jersey Swamp Devils vs. No. 7 Kenora Thistles:

Game 1: New Jersey wins 6-0. Bobby Orr is his typically magnificent self, scoring twice and adding three assists. Joe Malone scores twice.
Game 2: New Jersey wins 3-1. Orr and Savard are superb, playing 31 and 27 minutes, respectively. Eddie Belfour makes 31 saves, 15 in the third period.
Game 3: Kenora wins 3-2 in overtime. Red Kelly assists on all three goals. Dickie Moore scores twice. Orr assists on both goals.
Game 4: New Jersey wins 4-2. Malone scores with three minutes remaining to break a 2-2 tie. Lewis scores into an open net.
Game 5: Kenora wins 5-1. The Thistles finally break through offensively. Moore and McGee each have two goals. Orr is held off the scoresheet.
Game 6: New Jersey wins 5-3. Orr breaks the Kenora fans' hearts with his second five-point game of the series. Belfour makes several brilliant saves against a desperate Kenora team in the third.

New Jersey wins the best-of-seven first round series 4-2.

Three stars:
1. Bobby Orr
2. Red Kelly
3. Joe Malone

No. 3 Portland Rosebuds vs. No. 6 Winnipeg Jets:
Game 1: Portland wins 2-1 in overtime. In what would be a recurring theme, Ken Dryden and Martin Brodeur put on a clutch goaltending clinic. They proved time and time again that it's not just how many you stop, it's when you stop them. Mickey Mackay scores 11 minutes into overtime to lift Portland to the win.
Game 2: Portland wins 1-0 in double overtime. Similar to Game 1, but in this instance, it was Phil Esposito who scored the overtime winner, and he did it three-and-a-half minutes into double OT.
Game 3: Winnipeg wins 3-1. The Jets solve Dryden on home ice, and Mike Bossy scores twice. Chris Pronger is a force with 29 minutes of ice time, most of them against Esposito.
Game 4: Portland wins 3-2. Esposito wins this match-up against Pronger, as he carried his team on his back offensively with all three goals. Dryden makes 28 saves, including four in a final-minute flurry.
Game 5: Winnipeg wins 2-1 in overtime. Goaltending continues to be the story of the series. Mike Bossy picks up his fourth goal of the series with three minutes remaining in the first overtime period.
Game 6: Winnipeg wins 4-2. Bossy continues to be the story, with two more goals. Martin Brodeur makes a pair of sensational saves in the final minute, robbing JC Tremblay on a screened point shot, and Sid Abel on the rebound.
Game 7: Portland wins 3-1. Portland's top line is the story, as each player on the line gets a goal. JC Tremblay finishes with two assists. Eleven of Dryden's 18 saves come in the third period.

Portland wins the best-of-seven first round series 4-3.
Three stars:
1. Ken Dryden
2/3 (tie): Martin Brodeur and Phil Esposito

No. 4 Toronto Toros vs. No. 5 St. George's Garaga:
Game 1: Toronto's top line combines for 11 points as Toronto wins 7-2. Beliveau has two goals and three assists and Andy Bathgate has a hat trick. Broda is given a mercy pull midway through the game with Toronto up 4-1.
Game 2: St. George's rebounds for a 2-1 victory. Turk Broda is the story. He stops 36 shots. Guy Lafleur nets both St. George's goals.
Game 3: St. George's wins 3-1. Jacques Lemaire and Marty Walsh prove effective when matched up against the Beliveau line. Lemaire also scores the winner. Broda is sensational again with 32 saves.
Game 4: Toronto wins 3-2 in overtime. Bathgate gets the winner. Lemaire is great again, although not as effective as in Game 3. Al MacInnis has a goal, and assists on the winner.
Game 5: Toronto wins 6-0. The Beliveau line is once again overpowering, as the Toros get them away from the Lemaire match-up, and employ them against Nels Stewart. The result? Four goals and six assists. MacInnis scores twice.
Game 6: St. George's wins 4-1. Guy Lafleur scores twice and adds two assists, King Clancy has two assists, and draws a couple penalties from the Toros. Both retaliation plays lead to St. George's goals. Turk Broda makes 31 saves.
Game 7: St. George's wins 3-2 in Toronto. Reg Noble scores what would prove to be the winner midway through the second period, and Turk Broda shut the door in the third period.

St. George's Garaga wins the first round best-of-seven series 4-3.

Three stars:
Jean Beliveau
Turk Broda
Guy Lafleur

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Bob Cole Division, Round 1

1. Medicine Hat vs. 8. Ottawa
Game 1: Medicine hat wins 4-1. Game MVP: Elmer Lach
Game 2: Medicine Hat wins 3-1. Game MVP: Max Bentley
Game 3: Ottawa wins 3-2. Game MVP: Bobby Clarke
Game 4: Medicine Hats wins 3-2 in OT. Game MVP: Billy Smith
Game 5: Ottawa wins 4-1. Game MVP: Tim Horton
Game 6: Medicine Hat wins 3-2. Game MVP: Denis Potvin

Medicine Hat wins 4-2
1. Denis Potvin
2. Bobby Clarke
3. Elmer Lach

2 Kimberly Dynamiters vs. 7 Hartford Whalers
Game 1: Kimberly wins 3-1. Game MVP: Ray Bourque
Game 2: Hartford wins 4-2. Game MVP: Bryan Trottier
Game 3: Hartford wins 2-1. Game MVP: Sergei Makarov
Game 4: Kimberley wins 3-1. Game MVP: Joe Sakic
Game 5: Kimberley wins 4-3. Game MVP: Marcel Dionne
Game 6: Hartford wins 4-2. Game MVP: Sprague Cleghorn
Game 7: Kimberly wins 4-1. Game MVP: Ray Bourque

Kimberly wins 4-3
1. Ray Bourque
2. Joe Sakic
3. Sergei Makarov

3 Regina vs. 6 New York
Game 1: New York wins 3-1 Game MVP: Henri Richard
Game 2: Regina wins 3-2 Game MVP: Paul Coffey
Game 3: Regina wins 5-3 Game MVP: Norm Ullman
Game 4: New York wins 3-2 Game MVP: Peter Stastny
Game 5: Regina wins 3-2 OT Game MVP: Jacques Plante
Game 6: New York wins 2-1 Game MVP: Viatcheslav Fetisov
Game 7: Regina wins 2-1 Game MVP: Jacques Plante

Regina wins 4-3
1. Jacques Plante
2. Viatcheslav Fetisov
3. Henri Richard

4 Cairo vs 5 Syracuse
Game 1: Syracuse wins 3-1 Game MVP: Gordie Howe
Game 2: Syracuse wins 3-2 OT Game MVP: Frank Boucher
Game 3: Cairo wins 3-2 OT Game MVP: Teemu Selanne
Game 4: Cairo wins 4-3 OT2 Game MVP: Glenn Hall
Game 5: Syracuse wins 2-1 Game MVP: Vladislav Tretiak
Game 6: Cairo wins 3-1 Game MVP: Toe Blake
Game 7: Cairo wins 3-2 OT3 Game MVP: Cyclone Taylor

Cairo wins 4-3
1. Gordie Howe
2. Glenn Hall
3. Cyclone Taylor

Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Rene Lecavalier Division, Round 1

1. Detroit vs. 8. Halifax.
Game 1: Detroit wins 3-2 Game MVP: Roy Conacher
Game 2: Halifax wins 3-1 Game MVP: Patrick Roy
Game 3: Detroit wins 2-0 Game MVP: Terry Sawchuk
Game 4: Halifax wins 1-0 Game MVP: Patrick Roy
Game 5: Detroit wins 3-1 Game MVP: Duke Keats
Game 6: Detroit wins 3-1 Game MVP: Milt Schmidt

Detroit wins 4-2
1. Milt Schmirdt
2. Patrick Roy
3. Terry Sawchuk

2. Nanaimo vs. 7. Hamilton
Game 1: Nanaimo wins 4-2 Game MVP: Bobby Hull
Game 2: Hamilton wins 3-2 Game MVP: Mario Lemieux
Game 3: Hamilton wins 2-1 Game MVP: Mario Lemieux
Game 4: Nanaimo wins 3-2 Game MVP: Ted Kennedy
Game 5: Nanaimo wins 3-1 Game MVP: Charlie Conacher
Game 6: Hamilton wins 2-0 Game MVP: Clint Benedict
Game 7: Hamilton wins 4-3 Game MVP: Mario Lemieux

Hamilton wins 4-3
1. Mario Lemieux
2. Clint Benedict
3. Bobby Hull

3. Grand Rapids vs. 6 Renfrew
Game 1: Grand Rapids wins 2-1 Game MVP: Brad Park
Game 2: Renfrew wins 3-2 Game MVP: Sidney Crosby
Game 3: Renfrew wins 2-1 OT Game MVP: Dominik Hasek
Game 4: Renfrew wins 3-2 Game MVP: Valeri Kharlamov
Game 5: Grand Rapids wins 3-2 OT Game MVP: Syl Apps
Game 6: Grand Rapids wins 2-1 Game MVP: Syd Howe
Game 7: Renfrew wins 1-0 OT3 Game MVP: Dominik Hasek

Renfrew wins 4-3
1. Dominik Hasek
2. Brad Park
3. Syl Apps

4. Canada vs. 5 Nova Scotia
Game 1: Canada wins 4-3 Game MVP: Howie Morenz
Game 2: Nova Scotia wins 3-2 Game MVP: Cam Neely
Game 3: Canada wins 4-2 Game MVP: Earl Seibert
Game 4: Nova Scotia wins 3-1 Game MVP: Steve Yzerman
Game 5: Canada wins 4-3 OT Game MVP: Howie Morenz
Game 6: Nova Scotia wins 2-1 OT Game MVP: Larry Robinson
Game 7: Nova Scotia wins 3-2 Game MVP: Doug Gilmour

Nova Scotia wins 4-3
1. Howie Morenze
2. Larry Robinson
3. Doug Gilmour

Last edited by Hedberg: 11-29-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 03:16 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

Holy crap. I saw that coming from the Lecavalier, but still.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Jungosi

Send a message via ICQ to Jungosi
The Rene Lecavalier Division is just ridiculous. 3 upsets? Geez!

Jungosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 03:30 PM
God Bless Canada

Foster Hewitt Division results

No. 1 Tidewater Sharks vs. No. 8 Victoria Cougars:

Game 1: Tidewater's two-way game overcame Victoria's all-out attack in a 4-3 win in Game 1. Jaromir Jagr scored twice for Tidewater. Tony Esposito's quickness proves to be very important against Victoria's outstanding puck movement. Tony O made 30 saves and he was named first star.
Game 2: Tidewater proves to Victoria that they can beat the Cougars at their game in an 8-6 victory. Rocket Richard and Pavel Bure each scored twice for Victoria. Tidewater's top line combines for four goals and six assists. The game featured eight goals in the first period.
Game 3: Victoria's offence carried over their play from Game 2 in a 6-1 win in Game 3. Richard was great again with two goals, but the third line flexed their offensive muscle with three goals. Brian Leetch had three assists, and Victoria had three power play goals.
Game 4: Hockey coaches want the perfect road game, and Tidewater came up with it in a 3-1 victory in Game 4. The Chris Chelios and Marcel Pronovost tandem dominated from the opening face-off. Both defencemen were plus-two. They combined for nearly 60 minutes of ice time, and Victoria failed to generate offence when the tandem was on the ice. Alex Delvecchio, Pavel Datsyuk and Bob Gainey were also defensive catalysts.
Game 5: Tidewater finished off Victoria with a 5-3 win in Game 5. Victoria jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first period, thanks to a couple power play goals, but Tidewater notched five unanswered goals, including three in the third period. Bob Gainey was an unlikely offensive hero with the series winner. Chelios was once again the best player on the ice, with a couple of assists and eight hits in 31 minutes of action.

Tidewater wins the first-round best-of-seven series 4-1.

Three stars:
1. Chris Chelios
2. Jaromir Jagr
3. Maurice "Rocket" Richard

No. 2 Trail Smoke Eaters vs. No. 7 Toronto Maple Leafs

Game 1: Newsy Lalonde and Busher Jackson used their speed and aggressiveness to each score in the first period in Trail's 4-1 win in Game 1. The Czech Mate quintet combined for Trail's other goals. Both goalies were brilliant: Trail's Bernie Parent had 32 saves; Toronto's Johnny Bower had 37.
Game 2: Toronto used their overwhelming size and scoring touch to win Game 2 6-1. Mark Messier had a goal and three assists, and Eric Lindros scored twice. Toronto seemingly won every battle in the trenches a sight that frustrated Trail fans throughout the night.
Game 3: Trail responded with a 3-2 win in Game 3. Bernie Parent was fantastic in the first period with 17 saves. Trail took over the game in the final two periods. Pierre Pilote was brilliant on the Trail blue-line, and he scored the game-winning goal midway through the third period.
Game 4: The ultra-aggressive nature of Trail's top line was the difference as the Smokies beat the Leafs 5-3. Lalonde had a goal and two assists. Jackson scored twice. Both dished out hits, and they were constant threats on the forecheck. Messier had two goals for Toronto.
Game 5: Trail set the tone early in Game 5, jumped out to a 3-0 lead after two periods, and then hung on for dear life in the third period as the Leafs fired 22 shots in the third period. Don Luce scored what proved to be the series winner midway through the second, but the story was Parent's play in the third.

Trail wins the first round best-of-seven series 4-1.

Three stars:
1. Edouard "Newsy" Lalonde
2. Pierre Pilote
3. Mark Messier

No. 3 Betelgeuse Hitchhikers vs. No. 6 Chicago Blackhawks

Game 1: It was 1988 all over again for Betelgeuse in Game 1. Wayne Gretzky had four assists, and Jari Kurri had two goals as Betelgeuse beat Chicago 6-2 in Game 1. Chicago didn't have an answer for Gretzky's hockey sense and on-ice vision, as the Betelgeuse top line scored twice in the 10 minutes.
Game 2: The Gretzky show continued in Game 2 as Wayne Gretzky had assists on goals for three different players Jari Kurri, Keith Tkachuk and Larry Murphy and scored what proved to be the winning goal midway through the third period, as Betelgeuse won 4-2. The tandem of Rod Langway and Murphy has yet to be on the ice for a goal against.
Game 3: Stan Mikita and Bill Cook had three points each as Chicago won Game 3 5-2. Chicago finally managed a couple goals against the Murphy-Langway duo. Bill Durnan made a dozen saves in the first period to keep the game scoreless, and then his team took over the final 40 minutes.
Game 4: Wayne Gretzky had a three point game, but it was Betelgeuse's Soviet second line that made the big plays in Betelgeuse's 5-4 overtime win in Game 4. Alexander Yakushev scored with 73 second left in the third period, and Helmut Balderis had the overtime winner for Betelgeuse. Stan Mikita had two goals for Chicago.
Game 5: Chicago had two goals from each of their lines in a 6-3 win in Game 5. The dangerous Blackhawk forwards were buzzing throughout the night, firing 50 shots at Jiri Holocek. Betelgeuse couldn't match Chicago's intensity, forecheck or overall level of play.
Game 6: Wayne Gretzky had his fourth three-point night of the series as Betelgeuse defeated Chicago 3-2 in overtime. But this time, Gretzky was the difference as a goal-scorer, as he opened the scoring early in the first, and had the overtime winner. Gretzky finished with three goals and 13 assists. Chicago gave their fans hope late in the third, as Steve Larmer scored with two minutes remaining to tie the game.

Betelgeuse wins the first round best-of-seven series 4-2.

Three stars:
1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Stan Mikita
3. Jari Kurri

No. 4 Glace Bay Miners vs. No. 5 Trinec Steelers

Game 1: In what would be a recurring storyline in the series, the blue-liners were the stars. Dit Clapper and Nicklas Lidstrom caused headaches for Trinec, while Eddie Shore and Borje Salming provided a pick-your-poison proposition for Glace Bay. In the end, Glace Bay won 3-2, as Dave Keon scored the winner midway through the second.
Game 2: Eddie Shore had a goal and an assist as Trinec won 2-1 in Game 2. Shore was a force in every aspect of the game: he was involved offensively, he dominated physically and he logged big minutes against both of Glace Bay's scoring lines. Frank Brimsek was brilliant in the loss, stopping 32 shots.
Game 3: Dave Keon had his second game-winning goal of the series, while playing big minutes against Trinec's top line, in a 3-2 double overtime win for Glace Bay. Once again, the defences dominated this game, as the two teams combined for only 63 shots in nearly 90 minutes of game time.
Game 4: After three games of great plays by the defencemen, the goaltenders had their turn to shine in Game 4. Trinec emerged victorious 2-1. Rogie Vachon stopped 31 shots. Frank Brimsek made 28 saves. Cy Denneny picked up both goals for Trinec.
Game 5: Glace Bay won 3-2 in a hard-hitting contest in Game 5. The boards rattled throughout the night as both teams finished their checks with equal aplomb. Trinec's third line had several shifts which gave the Steelers momentum for extended periods of time. But Clapper's partner, Nicklas Lidstrom, had the game winner late in the third.
Game 6: Alexander Ovechkin broke through the Glace Bay defensive wall with the best individual offensive effort in the series thus far, a magnificent four-goal tour de force, in Trinec's 5-2 win in Game 6. On this night, Glace Bay didn't have an answer for Ovechkin. Igor Larionov and Vladimir Martinec each had three assists.
Game 7: Trinec completed the series comeback with a 2-1 win over the Glace Bay Miners in Game 7. The game was tied 1-1 midway through the third period. But Trinec's third line changed the momentum with another rough-and-tumble physical shift. On a face-off with nine minutes to play in the third, John Madden won a face-off back to Eddie Shore, who fired home what proved to be the series winner. Glace Bay struggled to crack Trinec's defence, and when they did, Vachon was brilliant. He made six saves in the final nine minutes, including a beautiful stop on Luc Robitaille the type of play that Robitaille has scored on so many times over the years.

Trinec wins the first round best-of-seven series 4-3

Three stars:
1. Eddie Shore
2. Nicklas Lidstrom
3. Dave Keon

Old
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Hamilton won?!

Edit: And Trinec too?! Now I've seen everything...

MadArcand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 04:43 PM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
Hamilton won?!

Edit: And Trinec too?! Now I've seen everything...
I'll admit, the Hamilton one was among the tougher ones to decide on. The Bettmans ranked a lot lower than the quality of their team. I was actually pretty close on a lot of the series though, down to the amount of games played and the MVPs. I'm rather excited to see the discussions for this next round, it should be awesome.

jarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 04:45 PM
MXD

Damn, it would have been cool to have the first frenchie matchup ever (and a remake of 1940 as well!). Good luck Rzeznik!

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 04:46 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jareklajkosz View Post
I'll admit, the Hamilton one was among the tougher ones to decide on. The Bettmans ranked a lot lower than the quality of their team. I was actually pretty close on a lot of the series though, down to the amount of games played and the MVPs. I'm rather excited to see the discussions for this next round, it should be awesome.
It was really tough for me too. When I ranked regular season teams, I had Hamilton pretty low. But when I looked at them closely in their first round matchup, I thought they matched up very well against the 2nd seed.

Not at all surprised that that one went 7 games.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

I thought by the PM that votes weren't due till tonight midnight EST?
Guess I was mistaken.

Glad to be out though, the whole Baker thing was an albatross

Evil Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 05:19 PM
overpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
It was really tough for me too. When I ranked regular season teams, I had Hamilton pretty low. But when I looked at them closely in their first round matchup, I thought they matched up very well against the 2nd seed.

Not at all surprised that that one went 7 games.
Yeah, I also thought Nanaimo was the better regular season team but Hamilton matched up well.

Mario Lemieux may have been the worst possible opponent for Nanaimo and Roy Worters to face.

overpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Leafs Forever

Wow, a lot of upsets; but deserved ones.

As I don't want to bump up our series thread, I'll just say this here: Great job by the Bulldogs, and glad to see it went to 7 games, as it should have. One heck of a fight. I wish you better luck next time.

Old
11-29-2009, 08:52 PM
MXD

...That's the most ridiculous ending I ever saw to a football game.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 08:58 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
...That's the most ridiculous ending I ever saw to a football game.
Agreed. GBC must be PISSED.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 09:01 PM
nik jr

nice to see more "upsets," though they cannot really be considered true upsets.

congratulations to all the winners, particularly overpass.

our series would have been amazing to watch: 7 games, each a 1 goal game, and game 7 was a 1-0 3OT epic.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 09:46 PM
God Bless Canada

I believe Hamilton is the first-ever No. 7 team in the ATD to defeat a No. 2.

I never thought I'd see the day in which pappy, pit and TC would be out in the first round.

I don't think Renfrew beating Grand Rapids is an upset. Renfrew's third line is the class of the third lines in the draft. So friggin' big, and so friggin' good in their own zone. And Bourne and Primeau can skate as well as guys six inches shorter.

And yeah, GBC is pissed off right now. Watched the game at my church. More than 100 people yelling and screaming for three-and-a-half hours. We're jumping up and down, celebrating. I'm getting ready to head downtown to take victory pics. And I hear see the dreaded yellow F word graphic: flag. I thought offside. But too many men. It felt like someone had kicked me in the nuts with a steel-toed tree planting boot.

Old
11-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Canadiens Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs Forever View Post
Wow, a lot of upsets; but deserved ones.

As I don't want to bump up our series thread, I'll just say this here: Great job by the Bulldogs, and glad to see it went to 7 games, as it should have. One heck of a fight. I wish you better luck next time.
Four overtimes, Five one-goal games, a double ot in game 5, and a triple ot in game 7 to win the series.

Well done, Leafs Forever and good luck the rest of the way.

Canadiens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote