HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tambo on Oilers Lunch - Dissapointed?

Old
11-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Kentuckycowboy

vCash: 500
Tambo on Oilers Lunch - Dissapointed?

Anyone catch the interview on Oilers lunch happening right now, I am dissapointed in that it seemed that Bob focused on the stats that make the oilers look good, ex) Goals for 7th in the nhl, but did not ask any hard hitting questions, they are acting like everything is a-ok.

This team is in trouble

Kentuckycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:32 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
I'll say it right now.

I have no problem scapegoating the Oilers issues this month on injuries. A good coach would never do it, doesn't mean it's not true.

So no, I'm not going to cry about Tambellini's take. There are holes I wish he would address, though. None of them particularly hard to address.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:37 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 135
Gotta remember that bob is on the oilers payroll so his show is not completely his own and it is easy to dwell on the stuff

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckycowboy View Post
Anyone catch the interview on Oilers lunch happening right now, I am dissapointed in that it seemed that Bob focused on the stats that make the oilers look good, ex) Goals for 7th in the nhl, but did not ask any hard hitting questions, they are acting like everything is a-ok.

This team is in trouble
The thing that bugged me about that was the only reason the Oilers have that many goals is because they've played more games than most. They are middle of the pack in terms of goals for, and bottom 1/3rd in goals against.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:04 PM
oilersfan11

Will it be possible if we keep missing the playoffs,that tambo will get fired?

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:08 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
I'll say it right now.

I have no problem scapegoating the Oilers issues this month on injuries. A good coach would never do it, doesn't mean it's not true.

So no, I'm not going to cry about Tambellini's take. There are holes I wish he would address, though. None of them particularly hard to address.
for a team that was counting on a lot of things going right anyway having those injuries and flu pile up all at the same time is definately more than just an excuse.

To properly judge this team I think you need to see more of them with a reasonably healthy lineup. Not completley healthy but not with so many players missing as they had this past month.

missinthejets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckycowboy View Post

This team is in trouble
Didn't catch the interview but not sure why anyone would be disappointed. That would mean you were expecting something different and were disappointed in what you got?? Bob is now on the payroll and will only talk about the same 'feel-good' things that the other 'in-house' media will focus on. Otherwise he'd be out of a job.
Upset maybe but disappointed, nope.....

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:10 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Will it be possible if we keep missing the playoffs,that tambo will get fired?
Yes, lets hope so because it seems that's what people on this board want

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:16 PM
VincenzosOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Really? I most not be reading the same threads you are.

VincenzosOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:16 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:

I said that cause I'm now wanting Quinn to be the gm.Tambo dosen't know what a actual good team is.

Old
11-24-2009, 04:19 PM
anjoo

Send a message via MSN to anjoo
Quote:
I said that cause I'm now wanting Quinn to be the gm.Tambo dosen't know what a actual good team is.
What an ignorant assumption.

I'm not gonna spill into what Tambo has done - But I for what am extremely pleased with the moves he has made. Everything from trying to land a star player to ridding us of Kyle Brodziak and allowing Brule to thrive.

anjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:20 PM
theranfordflop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
The thing that bugged me about that was the only reason the Oilers have that many goals is because they've played more games than most. They are middle of the pack in terms of goals for, and bottom 1/3rd in goals against.
Well, it goes to show just how useless those stats are at the moment. The sample size is way to small. One shutout win and we jumped up 5 spots on the GA/G list, that's pretty significant.

theranfordflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:22 PM
VincenzosOil

Quote:
And yet he chose Quinn for coach. Last I checked a coach is part of the team. Oh, I know what you meant but do you actually believe what you wrote?

Old
11-24-2009, 04:26 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoo View Post
What an ignorant assumption.

I'm not gonna spill into what Tambo has done - But I for what am extremely pleased with the moves he has made. Everything from trying to land a star player to ridding us of Kyle Brodziak and allowing Brule to thrive.

I'm say this because I am believing that tambo dosen't have a clue on what a real good team is.I did't say that he should be gone because of the moves he has made.

Last edited by oilersfan11: 11-24-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old
11-24-2009, 04:31 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Huh? The guy's been GM for a season and a quarter and people already want him booted out Unbelievable

Old
11-24-2009, 04:33 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Huh? The guy's been GM for a season and a quarter and people already want him booted out Unbelievable

CupofOil are you on the oilers payroll?

Old
11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
anjoo

Send a message via MSN to anjoo
Quote:
He dosen't know what a real good team is.I did't say that he should be gone because of the moves he has made.
Alright, so tell me - What is "a real good team"? Why do you state Tambo doesn't know what "a real good team" is? Why do you feel Quinn knows?

anjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
VincenzosOil

Quote:
He dosen't know what a real good team is.I did't say that he should be gone because of the moves he has maid.
I not a stickler for grammar/spelling usually. But in this case it detracts from your powerful logic.

Old
11-24-2009, 04:38 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincenzosOil View Post
I not a stickler for grammar/spelling usually. But in this case it detracts from your powerful logic.

There I rewrote it Happy.

Old
11-24-2009, 04:46 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoo View Post
Alright, so tell me - What is "a real good team"? Why do you state Tambo doesn't know what "a real good team" is? Why do you feel Quinn knows?

This team needs a effective Captain aka Souray.We need a first line centerman.We need players that can win faceoffs,We need tough stay at home defenceman.Tambo hasn't done anything to address this.This team continues to show these weakness's and yet tambo says that he has no probelm with this team.Pat quinn I believe would have done a whole hell of a lot more to fix everything and not just one thing like tambo has done.

Old
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
This team needs a effective Captain aka Souray.We need a first line centerman.We need players that can win faceoffs,We need tough stay at home defenceman.Tambo hasn't done anything to address this.This team continues to show these weakness's and yet tambo says that he has no probelm with this team.Pat quinn I believe would have done a whole hell of a lot more to fix everything and not just one thing like tambo has done.
Tambi is handcuffed by the moves that Lowe made. Its hard to sign a first line center when you have Horcoff, Pisani, Staios, Moreau signed to contracts that overpay them. He can't magically make these disappear, and he can't just waive these players either. I think he knows what he needs to do, but is unable to do it because of Lowe

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:57 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
CupofOil are you on the oilers payroll?
No, i'm a rational fan who's willing to give my team's GM more than a year or so to prove what he can do as opposed to complaining all the time about how terrible the team and GM are

Old
11-24-2009, 05:05 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
No, i'm a rational fan who's willing to give my team's GM more than a year or so to prove what he can do as opposed to complaining all the time about how terrible the team and GM are

Missing the playoffs for 4 yrs after this season is done,will piss any fan off that wants progressive results.You act like this team could miss 10 years of playoffs, but still you will make the team sound like it is really good.

Old
11-24-2009, 05:09 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Clearly you don't belong here. There's no room for rational, pragmatic opinions at hfboards.

LawnDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Belcriss
McDavid Sweepstakes!

Send a message via Skype™ to Belcriss
Quote:
You should go back in time to when Quinn was GM of the Vancouver Canucks. Talk about bad deals, and terrible decisions on player personnel. No thanks. Quinn is just fine where he is.

Belcriss is offline   Reply With Quote